Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Answers From Q & A
Here are some answers from Jerry Kroll to some of the Q & A questions.

Will the production Solo have a sun visor? - "Of course"
Is there any plan to add ABS brakes to the options list? - "TBA"
Can you share some details of the regen system? - "Non adjustable".
Will the temperature management be liquid or air cooled? - "Air cooled."
What is the expected battery life w' 80% residual capacity? - "3,000 cycles"
Current cost of replacement of battery pack? - "Current cost to replace is zero.  It's under warranty."
Recharge rates? - "3 hours at 220v.   Using 110v is like filling a gas car with a Jerry can.  Silly.  Like having a 110v stove or clothes dryer.  Its 2016, right??"

************************************************************************************************************************

The Solo's range with a 100% residual capacity pack is 100mi. And the battery life to 80% capacity is 3,000 cycles.
So, 300,000mi. subtracting for the decreasing residual capacity over time = battery life (to 80% cap) in miles.  
I'd say that should be well in excess of a real life 200,000 miles. - Dale

I also found this in the Electra Meccanica press release available on ElecM's website and via a link in our resource library:
"Electra Meccanica offers a comprehensive bumper-to-bumper warranty package for two years of unlimited mileage and a five-year battery warranty."

"The SOLO also comes with a universal power connector which enables connection at both quick charge and standard stations.
From zero to full charge, the highly efficient battery system requires only three hours of charging time on a 220 volt charging station and approximately twice that on a 110 volt system."

Jerry Kroll tweeted that he's had the Solo up to 147kmh (91+mph) "...and still pulling hard".

More questions are being sent tomorrow.

P.S. Jerry also sent this picture.

"2017 is going to be an amazing year. Get ready!!"

.jpg   solobuild1.jpg (Size: 112.44 KB / Downloads: 120)
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
One further Q:

Is the price quoted to pre-order customers likely to be held at the time of delivery? If the quoted price includes local sales taxes, are these deductable for non-Canadian buyers?
I have paid taxes on numerous vehicles at the time of registration and licensing.  The only added Solo cost may be Factory destination/delivery charges and import duties at the point of delivery. I checked on fees for importing a Canadian manufactured motorcycle classed vehicle into the USA and fees are listed at 2% to 0%.

Registration, taxes, and licensing fees vary from State to State.
White Hot Solo #166
Rick, what happens to the Value Added tax that I´ll have to pay here? Is it deducted in Canada?
I assume your value added tax is comparable to our import fees.  Individuals are responsible to pay any national import fees..........perhaps it will be itemized on the window sticker similar to a shipping or destination fee.  Time will tell after the Solo is validated by ElectraM's intended market's various government rules and regulations regarding imports.

Those fees may be offset by any governmental EV tax incentives.  The USA EV motorcycle incentive in the USA is up to $2500 until the end of 2016........hopefully it will be extended into next year.
White Hot Solo #166
(10-08-2016, 01:34 PM)paravil Wrote: Rick, what happens to the Value Added tax that I´ll have to pay here? Is it deducted in Canada?

You don't have to pay VAT to Canada as long as it is exported. You have to pay VAT to your country when you import, unless like we have in Norway no VAT or taxes as a green incentiv to reduce CO2?
[+] 2 users Like Lotus's post
(10-08-2016, 04:33 PM)Lotus Wrote:
(10-08-2016, 01:34 PM)paravil Wrote: Rick, what happens to the Value Added tax that I´ll have to pay here? Is it deducted in Canada?

You don't have to pay VAT to Canada as long as it is exported. You have to pay VAT to your country when you import, unless like we have in Norway no VAT or taxes as a green incentiv to reduce CO2?

Exactly! I would therefore expect to be quoted a lower price (list price less VAT) as a customer outside Canada, because EM would not be charged VAT on an item sent abroad.
(10-08-2016, 04:58 PM)paravil Wrote:
(10-08-2016, 04:33 PM)Lotus Wrote:

Exactly! I would therefore expect to be quoted a lower price (list price less VAT) as a customer outside Canada, because EM would not be charged VAT on an item sent abroad.
As DjDale told me in a previous post, the list price is less VAT. (I think this is normal in Can and US)
(10-07-2016, 10:13 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Here are some answers from Jerry Kroll to some of the Q & A questions.

Will the production Solo have a sun visor? - "Of course"
Is there any plan to add ABS brakes to the options list? - "TBA"
Can you share some details of the regen system? - "Non adjustable".
Will the temperature management be liquid or air cooled? - "Air cooled."
What is the expected battery life w' 80% residual capacity? - "3,000 cycles"
Current cost of replacement of battery pack? - "Current cost to replace is zero.  It's under warranty."
Recharge rates? - "3 hours at 220v.   Using 110v is like filling a gas car with a Jerry can.  Silly.  Like having a 110v stove or clothes dryer.  Its 2016, right??"

************************************************************************************************************************

The Solo's range with a 100% residual capacity pack is 100mi. And the battery life to 80% capacity is 3,000 cycles.
So, 300,000mi. subtracting for the decreasing residual capacity over time = battery life (to 80% cap) in miles.  
I'd say that should be well in excess of a real life 200,000 miles. - Dale

I also found this in the Electra Meccanica press release available on ElecM's website and via a link in our resource library:
"Electra Meccanica offers a comprehensive bumper-to-bumper warranty package for two years of unlimited mileage and a five-year battery warranty."

"The SOLO also comes with a universal power connector which enables connection at both quick charge and standard stations.
From zero to full charge, the highly efficient battery system requires only three hours of charging time on a 220 volt charging station and approximately twice that on a 110 volt system."

Jerry Kroll tweeted that he's had the Solo up to 147kmh (91+mph) "...and still pulling hard".

More questions are being sent tomorrow.

P.S. Jerry also sent this picture.

"2017 is going to be an amazing year. Get ready!!"
I'm done.
"147kmh (91+mph) ...and still pulling hard" was on the track, whereas production vehicles are said to have a limited top speed. I´d like to know whether it would be possible to de-dregulate it?
[+] 1 user Likes paravil's post