Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Q and A
Flying_solo, I enjoyed your posts!  The answer for me is being USA compliance tested.  No other startup has accomplished that critical step to production with the exception of the certified Corbin Sparrow in 2003. We will have answers soon enough to all the questions regarding final specs when they have been finalized.  It's ElectraM's concept and if we don't like the finished production model Solo we won't buy it.  Easy choice.  Thanks for sharing your views.

Note for Dale:  Please don't ever refer to me as ickb.  Smile
White Hot Solo #166
There are a couple of completely different reads that can be taken from all of this.
The North American enclosed 3-wheeler history hasn't done much to garner confidence.

While It may be only natural to let that residue splash onto a newcomer to the game...
Even one that has shown considerable progress in a comparatively short amount of time...
I'm getting the opposite read from this. This vehicle appears to be well engineered out of the box.

Even in  my laymen understanding of what is involved in the process, it's only been a very short two years.
The US compliance process is underway while a road-worthy pre-production vehicle continuously clocks miles.
I believe that R&D continues on different aspects of the EMV Solo relating to it's use for varied applications.
And all of it appears to have been done with as little as 3% of what others have unsuccessfully spent to date.

I've honestly gotten to the point where I hate to compare the existing 3-wheeled start-ups.
It seems harder to do as the differences grow. They're more like apples and oranges every day.

One of those other start ups has provided performance specifications obtained from computer simulations.
But has not been able to validate those specifications in industry standard tests or in real world conditions.
And they've had quite a while and several functional prototypes with which to do that.

EMV has offered no simulated specifications or, IMO for that matter, grandoise forward looking statements.
Neither EMV nor Arcimoto or, to my knowledge any start-up, has as yet given detailed performance specifications.
EMV has only offered specifications that they know to be fact. I find that to be both credible and respectable.
It may be cliche, but EMV has a tremendous amount to accomplish with only so many hours in a day.

Their efficiency and frugality are two of the things I admire most about them.
I would rather they didn't change their method of operation and begin to "throw money at it."
That seemed to be the strategy of one of the other 3-wheeler companies. It hasn't seemed to work very well.

I'd rather wait to have proven results than be given conjecture, projections and estimates.
If EMV is holding their research and corporate operations close to their collective chest, so be it.
I've read nothing here that sets off alarm bells and I'm going to at least "give the guy a chance."

There are just too many positives here with, as yet, seemingly no significant negatives.
It may be that this company is talented enough to bring themselves into full production...
And long-term financial success unprecedented for a three-wheeled vehicle start up.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
flying,

Thanks for that. I have something to ask.

Please permanently re-instate that line into your signature.
You have no idea how much I enjoyed reading that everyday!
I never got tired of seeing it and it would not be the same without it.

I'm serious!
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
This is the EMV Newsletter from 10-31.
I thought this would be a good place and time to post it.
If you aren't signed up for the monthly EMV newsletter, by all means go to the site and sign up!

http://us11.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f47...6dc3a6ff48
hi all

what did i miss, kind of confused?
(12-01-2016, 02:34 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: There are a couple of completely different reads that can be taken from all of this.
The North American enclosed 3-wheeler history hasn't done much to garner confidence.

While It may be only natural to let that residue splash onto a newcomer to the game...
Even one that has shown considerable progress in a comparatively short amount of time...
I'm getting the opposite read from this. This vehicle appears to be well engineered out of the box.

Even in  my laymen understanding of what is involved in the process, it's only been a very short two years.
The US compliance process is underway while a road-worthy pre-production vehicle continuously clocks miles.
I believe that R&D continues on different aspects of the EMV Solo relating to it's use for varied applications.
And all of it appears to have been done with as little as 3% of what others have unsuccessfully spent to date.

I've honestly gotten to the point where I hate to compare the existing 3-wheeled start-ups.
It seems harder to do as the differences grow. They're more like apples and oranges every day.

One of those other start ups has provided performance specifications obtained from computer simulations.
But has not been able to validate those specifications in industry standard tests or in real world conditions.
And they've had quite a while and several functional prototypes with which to do that.

EMV has offered no simulated specifications or, IMO for that matter, grandoise forward looking statements.
Neither EMV nor Arcimoto or, to my knowledge any start-up, has as yet given detailed performance specifications.
EMV has only offered specifications that they know to be fact. I find that to be both credible and respectable.
It may be cliche, but EMV has a tremendous amount to accomplish with only so many hours in a day.

Their efficiency and frugality are two of the things I admire most about them.
I would rather they didn't change their method of operation and begin to "throw money at it."
That seemed to be the strategy of one of the other 3-wheeler companies. It hasn't seemed to work very well.

I'd rather wait to have proven results than be given conjecture, projections and estimates.
If EMV is holding their research and corporate operations close to their collective chest, so be it.
I've read nothing here that sets off alarm bells and I'm going to at least "give the guy a chance."

There are just too many positives here with, as yet, seemingly no significant negatives.
It may be that this company is talented enough to bring themselves into full production...
And long-term financial success unprecedented for a three-wheeled vehicle start up.

Dale, 
   Well said.
2015 Nissan Leaf owner/lover
(12-01-2016, 07:47 PM)ram Wrote: hi all

Not a whole lot.
Basically a regrettable, untimely typo.
(12-02-2016, 12:18 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(12-01-2016, 07:47 PM)ram Wrote: hi all

Not a whole lot.
Basically a regrettable, untimely typo.
  iskjockeyDale, your typo had nothing to do with flying's departure.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(12-02-2016, 01:05 PM)Rickb Wrote:   iskjockeyDale, your typo had nothing to do with flying's departure.
Thanks Rick. I got a different read from that too.
I'm not sure he said that he was actually departing.
(12-02-2016, 02:31 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 01:05 PM)Rickb Wrote:   iskjockeyDale, your typo had nothing to do with flying's departure.
Rick, I got a different read from that too.
I'm not sure he said that he was actually departing.
Yes, flying did say he would be checking in periodically.  I hope he does.  I think he will be pleasantly surprised or shocked by the photo's posted of you, me, and other retail customers taken in our 2017 Signature Series Solo's.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post