Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first 1000
The Solo's lower center of gravity provided by the balanced weight distribution of the Solo's twin slide out battery tray location will provide for much greater stability than the Sparrow.

A few Sparrow owners indicated stability issues when over accelerating while cornering, due to the instant torque of the motor. I agree, issues likely corected by Solo designers and engineers. One needs to be aware of a vehicle's limits regardless of what we are driving. I too need Solo testing results to validate my assumptions. The Sparrow served as the early prototyping for the Solo's final design and engineering specs.
White Hot Solo #166
(11-15-2016, 03:26 PM)Rickb Wrote: The Solo's  lower center of gravity provided by the balanced weight distribution of the Solo's twin slide out battery tray location will provide for much greater stability than the Sparrow.

A few Sparrow owners indicated stability issues when over accelerating while cornering, due to the instant torque of the motor.  I agree, issues likely corected by Solo designers and engineers.  One needs to be aware of a vehicle's limits regardless of what we are driving.  I too need Solo testing results to validate my assumptions.   The Sparrow served as the early prototyping for the Solo's final design and engineering specs.

I believe that the same argument could be made that the Mustang served as the early prototyping for the Camaro's final design and engineering specs.  I have no doubt that the Chevy people bought, tested, and reverse-engineered the Mustang in their development of the Camaro.  From my point of view, the Solo and the Sparrow have about the same level of commonality as the original Mustang and the original Camaro.  One is clearly a derivative of the other, with a great deal in common, but when all was said and done, they were completely different vehicles.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
(11-15-2016, 04:30 PM)flying_solo Wrote: I believe that the same argument could be made that the Mustang served as the early prototyping for the Camaro's final design and engineering specs.  I have no doubt that the Chevy people bought, tested, and reverse-engineered the Mustang in their development of the Camaro.  From my point of view, the Solo and the Sparrow have about the same level of commonality as the original Mustang and the original Camaro.  One is clearly a derivative of the other, with a great deal in common, but when all was said and done, they were completely different vehicles.
Interesting. The very first production Camero with  Vin #1 was on display at SEMA. It's a tan 6-cyl "Plain Jane".
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
This photo says it all in the prototyping connection between the Sparrow and the Solo:

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_5529.JPG (Size: 42.95 KB / Downloads: 44)
White Hot Solo #166
Photo 
(11-15-2016, 05:16 PM)Rickb Wrote: This photo says it all in the prototyping connection between the Sparrow and the Solo:

This photo says it all in the prototyping connection between the Mustang and the Camaro:

[Image: 1366_2000.jpg]
I'm done.
Yes it does.  Thanks for that.  I was searching for a side by side comparison photo.
White Hot Solo #166
(11-15-2016, 05:56 PM)Rickb Wrote: Yes it does.  Thanks for that.  I was searching for a side by side comparison photo.

One big difference.  The Camaro was a strong competitor to the Mustang.  OTOH, the Solo should be significantly superior to the Sparrow in every aspect.
I'm done.
Yes it looks to be superior in design and engineering both.  The Solo's styling is sportier than the jellybean look of the Sparrow.  It will appeal to a wider demographic based on styling alone.  EV technology has advanced significantly since Corbin's early days entry into the EV market.

I'll have to take some time to check for superior Specs used in Corbin's new Sparrow 2 compared to his original Sparrow and the new Solo.   The Sparrow 2 Styling is more aero, but still odd styling in a somewhat friendly looking  package.  To many dimples.
White Hot Solo #166