Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first 1000
(10-12-2016, 12:42 PM)Lotus Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 06:43 PM)Rickb Wrote: Welcome Acentre!  I received an email update a few days ago that confirmed my Solo #166 delivery date.  Prior to making my reservation, Christoph Koch, Director of Retail Operations provided answers to all my email questions in relative short time.  Email Christoph at:
ChrisKoch@electrameccanica.com

Nice to have another reservation holder member to join in on the Solo chat.

Shortly after my reservation I received a thank you for the reservation statement confirming the refundable reservation payment along with a Jerry Kroll autographed photo of the Solo.  It will be framed and hung on the wall next to the charging station in my garage. Smile

On my order confirmation letter there is also a reservation #. What does this mean? It is a strange number; #10000001
Lotus, That is a long/odd number.  My email order confirmation and the follow up snail mail from JK was the same 4 digit invoice number.  The followup email confirming the April 2017 delivery date was the actual vehicle number.  You should be receiving the delivery date and vehicle number within 2-3 weeks (as I recall) after placing the reservation.  ElectraM is very responsive to email questions.
White Hot Solo #166
(10-12-2016, 01:15 PM)Rickb Wrote:
(10-12-2016, 12:42 PM)Lotus Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 06:43 PM)Rickb Wrote: Welcome Acentre!  I received an email update a few days ago that confirmed my Solo #166 delivery date.  Prior to making my reservation, Christoph Koch, Director of Retail Operations provided answers to all my email questions in relative short time.  Email Christoph at:
ChrisKoch@electrameccanica.com

Nice to have another reservation holder member to join in on the Solo chat.

Shortly after my reservation I received a thank you for the reservation statement confirming the refundable reservation payment along with a Jerry Kroll autographed photo of the Solo.  It will be framed and hung on the wall next to the charging station in my garage. Smile

On my order confirmation letter there is also a reservation #. What does this mean? It is a strange number; #10000001
Lotus, That is a long/odd number.  My email order confirmation and the follow up snail mail from JK was the same 4 digit invoice number.  The followup email confirming the April 2017 delivery date was the actual vehicle number.  You should be receiving the delivery date and vehicle number within 2-3 weeks (as I recall) after placing the reservation.  ElectraM is very responsive to email questions.
OK, i will wait and see Smile Maybe they don't know delivery date yet since they are in the progress with testing in Europe for the EEC laws and regulations. But my order # is 6497, so if they don't mass-produce in China next year, i have to wait for quite a long time. Unless the first digit is for Europe marked or something.
Ah-ha!
So could this mean that my "C-7" number means that I'm the 7th US reservation and the "C" stands for certification?
Hmmm.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(10-12-2016, 02:34 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Ah-ha!
So could this mean that my "C-7" number means that I'm the 7th US reservation and the "C" stands for certification?
Hmmm.

It is logical that the order numbering have a system for what marked (US/CAN, Europe,Japan etc) it is intended for. Due to different certification. In europe for instance, lights and seatbelts have to have a stamp/label with E-type approval code.
Most parts manufacturers already ensure that their products conform to internationally accepted standards, so that should not be much of a problem. I noticed that the Solo rear lights and direction indicators are a different colour, but Euro-standard replacements would likely be readily available.
The questions have officially been sent. [Image: biggrin.png]
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
From Jerry Kroll's facebook page:

"Electrameccanica Vehicles Solo Pre-Production #5 all prepped and ready to be built! They're starting to stack 'em up at the factory!!"

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.kroll.9?fref=ts
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
HI Dale,

Looks like we are all in waiting for certification process to be done so that EM can move to the next step of building these preorder vehicles
do you or anyone know which agency handles the certification in US(sorry folks outside US, no disrespect to you), how long do they take,

if we know the agency, may be one us can contact the agency and find out where EM is and where it is going

may be we will get some answers this way
(11-13-2016, 09:54 AM)ram Wrote: HI Dale,

Looks like we are all in waiting for certification process  to be done so that EM can move to the next step of building these preorder vehicles
do you or anyone know which agency handles the certification in US(sorry folks outside US, no disrespect to you), how long do they take,

if we know the agency, may be one us can contact the agency and find out where EM is and where it is going

may be we will get some answers this way
That would be the NHTSA. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The testing is done by third party companies and the results are given to the NHTSA.

Sorry ram, I really don't think it would do you any good to contact either the NHTSA or any third party.
I doubt that they have the authority to share information with any of us before it officially becomes public record.

Jerry Kroll: "Testing results will be published as completed."

I'm just going to keep checking the facebook accounts and tweets for anything new.
The NHTSA and it's employees would be in deep kimchee if they revealed that kind of information ahead of time.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post