Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Solo on The Daily Planet
Did any of you watch The Daily Planet on November 30th?  They aired the story about the Solo and I missed it.  I am trying to find it on their website but so far no luck.  They filmed at Electra Meccanica's office and at our restaurant.  Please let me know if anyone figures out how to view it.
(12-03-2017, 10:38 PM)Leona Wrote: Did any of you watch The Daily Planet on November 30th?  They aired the story about the Solo and I missed it.  I am trying to find it on their website but so far no luck.  They filmed at Electra Meccanica's office and at our restaurant.  Please let me know if anyone figures out how to view it.
December 1st is available, but the 30th seems to be missing. Very strange. I've contacted them about it. I'll let you know when I get a reply.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Thank you
(12-03-2017, 10:38 PM)Leona Wrote: Did any of you watch The Daily Planet on November 30th?...

It's on the November 29 episode. https://www.discovery.ca/Shows/Daily-Pla...id=1247397

See 10:50 and onward.

I think the main point of the video is the larger battery. At one point is mentioned 80 km range being doubled. So, I'm a bit confused. I thought Solo had 16 kWh all along but apparently that's a project in progress. They mention 1600 cells so that's consistent with a 144V battery with cells in 40 banks in parallel with each bank having 40 cells in series with each cell having 3.6V and about 10Wh capacity (40X3.6=144, 1600*10=16000Wh). So, I don't see anything new there except coming up to specs. Solo is still a great car.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
Thanks Pogson.  I found out today that I was wrong about the date.  Chris from Electra Meccanica sent me a copy of the show.