Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Owners Manual
Hi,

Ordered my solo, does anyone have a pdf copy of the owners manual?
I'd like to look it over before I get the vehicle.

Thanks in advance
[+] 1 user Likes karg's post
(12-03-2017, 12:15 AM)karg Wrote: Hi,

Thanks in advance

Welcome karg.

It's fantastic to have you here. Make yourself at home.
I think Electra Meccanica is still "writing the book" so to speak.
There have been a few signature series Solos delivered to customers.
From what I understand those customers are out there running them everyday...
And EMV is keeping in close contact with them. I'll pass this one on to our resident real-time owner.

Leona, can you give any insight on when we can expect an official owner's manual?

karg, did you get the $1000 discount on your Solo by sending EMV a copy of your Elio deposit confirmation?
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Welcome Karg!
White Hot Solo #166
We got an owner's manual with the car but to be perfectly honest I have never looked at it.  I threw it behind the seat and that's where it has stayed.  Whenever I have any questions I ask Jerry (he comes in for breakfast a couple times a week) or I call Mark West.  I don't know if I have mentioned this but I LOVE this little car.  It seems like the novelty is never going to wear off.  It makes me smile every time I drive it.  I wish you all had yours and then you would know what I mean.
[+] 2 users Like Leona's post
(12-03-2017, 10:30 PM)Leona Wrote: ... It seems like the novelty is never going to wear off.  It makes me smile every time I drive it.  I wish you all had yours and then you would know I mean.
I know what you mean. Solo is a great concept reasonably implemented and it suits me almost perfectly. It will do everything I need an EV to do except haul a deer out of the bush and there's probably a way around that... I've been working with electrical machinery and ICEd machinery since about 1956 and an EV is definitely a lovely way to go. An ICEd machine can find a new way to fail annually throughout its life while an EV just goes and goes like the Energizer Bunny (<-link). I've had ICEd machines flood with liquid fuel, catch fire, break dozens of different parts, refuse to start in so many ways, blow blue smoke, leak and stink and waste heat and deafen us even when they did run. I hate 'em.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
(12-03-2017, 10:30 PM)Leona Wrote: We got an owner's manual with the car but to be perfectly honest I have never looked at it.  I threw it behind the seat and that's where it has stayed.  Whenever I have any questions I ask Jerry (he comes in for breakfast a couple times a week) or I call Mark West.  I don't know if I have mentioned this but I LOVE this little car.  It seems like the novelty is never going to wear off.  It makes me smile every time I drive it.  I wish you all had yours and then you would know I mean.
I know what you mean.  Smile
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
(12-03-2017, 12:15 AM)karg Wrote: Hi,

Thanks in advance

The best thing I can say is to give Electra Meccanica an email and ask if they could help you out with a manual.
http://electrameccanica.com/ Let us know what they have to say. I'm sure we'd all like to get a peak at it.

--Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post