Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Center Headlamp
(11-16-2017, 01:15 PM)Rickb Wrote: The hoodscoop center light styling looked decent and even better if painted to match the body color.  Perhaps it was too high?.

I wonder if the powers that be would respect our wishes if we told them that spot was reserved for Snoopy's twin machine-guns? Rolleyes
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
The minimum height of the headlight on motorcycles is 24 inches. Which coincidentally is the minimum height for car headlights. hmmmm? Put an led headlight at the top of the front panel above Solo.
(11-27-2017, 09:45 AM)Drift Wrote: The minimum height of the headlight on motorcycles is 24 inches. Which coincidentally is the minimum height for car headlights. hmmmm? Put an led headlight at the top of the front panel above Solo.

Nope. 22 inches. https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.108
However, are the existing "headlamps" on the Solo 22" inches from the ground?
They actually don't have to be. Because they're considered to be  auxillary (think fog) lighting.
And is the location you suggested on the "grill" for the required headlamp  22" or more from the ground?
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(11-26-2017, 09:36 PM)Rickb Wrote: The hoodscoop center light styling looked decent and even better if painted to match the body color.  Perhaps it was too high?.

I don't think so. 54" is the max allowed height.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post