Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Center Headlamp
Does there exist a plausibility for the US to move the center light to a center fog light position? Just thinking out loud.
Welcome to The Solo Owners and Future Owners Forum.
Ready for #695
(11-15-2017, 08:42 PM)Lynn D Wrote: Does there exist a plausibility for the US to move the center light to a center fog light position?   Just thinking out loud.

Nope. It has to be a set height from the ground.
You can reference the complete specifications in the NHTSA regulations at the links that I posted earlier in the thread.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
I agree the single ugly addon compliance light is crap integration. Months have passed since his highness discussed the US compliance testing and butt ugly design choices.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
I wonder if the other three wheeler motorcycle classified concepts like the SONDORS, the FUV, and the ELIO will have to add a center headlight to meet the USA compliance certification requirements?
White Hot Solo #166
IMHO if the US units must have the high center light ; It could be recessed in the frump to keep the aerodynamics with a solid cover lens of the windshield material. I prefer glass and not the plastic which yellows and scratches. Headlight restoration is a big business.
Welcome to The Solo Owners and Future Owners Forum.
Ready for #695
[+] 1 user Likes Lynn D's post
The hoodscoop center light styling looked decent and even better if painted to match the body color.  Perhaps it was too high?.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

White Hot Solo #166
I can think of only 1 word...
Clown Nose. Uh, Clownnose. No, Clownose. Whatever.
Even IT would be embarrassed.

[Image: Solo_clown_nose.jpg]

[Image: Mikebike_signature.png]

I do not like the third light.  I really am gravitating toward the Sonders, which offers a roomy interior, abs, air bags and ac. I thought a Solo would be available to me by now, but the Model 3 may hold me over until the Sondors.
How will the SONDORs required third light impact the styling?  Jerry promised that we will all like the finalized required center headlight styling.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

White Hot Solo #166
(11-26-2017, 04:22 PM)Rickb Wrote: How will the SONDORs required third light impact the styling?  Jerry promised that we will all like the finalized required center headlight styling.

Chances are that Sondors won't even have to deal with it. The NHTSA gives a pass to side-by-side seating configurations that are that wide.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.