Office 102 East First Avenue, Vancouver, BC Canada V5T 1A4
Factory 47 Braid Street, New Westminster, BC Canada V3L 3P2
Mission Statement Close the last gas station in the world
Delivered 10/12/2017 [ 4 customer delivery] & [ 17 preproduction]

Certification Canadian - NO
U.S. - NO

Classification Canadian - Motorcycle
U.S. - Motorcycle
soloowners.net/pogson update: In Canada, Solo is a Three Wheeled Vehicle and it will have its own set of safety standards different from the usual passenger car and motorcycles. In USA, it's a motorcycle but may be classed differently as an AutoCycle if recent moves in states actually are implemented

MSRP Canadian $19,888
U.S. $15,500

Larger scale production of the SOLO will begin by the end of the first half of 2018. 

2017 EMV Solo Technical Data

Acceleration 130 km/h / 80 MPH est* (governed to this speed)
0-100 km/h (0-60 MPH): 8 seconds est*

Accessories Heated seat Standard
A/C is available as a $1000 option available on early models
A turbo cord level 2 charger is available as a $500 option
Car wrap estimated $1,000 Canadian / $800 U.S.

Battery System Battery Chemistry: Lithium Ion
Energy capacity (kWh) 16.1
Average life cycle 5 yrs. / 5 Year Battery Warranty
Battery Temperature controll tested -40C/-40 deg F to +50C/122 deg F
Battery pack was said to be made up of 18650s

Brake Regenerative braking
Electric braking (simulate power)
3 wheel Disc
Electric Parking Brake

Cargo Cargo Space: 285 Liters (10 ft³ / 17,390 in³ / 75.29 gallons)
Carpeted Trunk

Charger Connector Type J1772 Universal Connector

Charging Time 3 hours/220V
6 hours/110V
soloowners.net/pogson update: There's been a discussion of the charging times and Jerry did answer a question about that in the last CEO update. At 120V 6h charging definitely will not go from 0-100% charge but it will almost certainly top up a battery for the typical commuter. At 240V 3h charging is possible but it depends on the circuitry in Solo. Nissan charges extra for 3h charges in Leaf even for 240V. We asked what the charging current/power for Solo was and did not receive an answer. Some owner or test-driver may have to supply us that data. Leona, the first owner, finds she's always at 100% charge when she sets out after as little as 2h charging.

Colors Body Titanium Silver
Electric Red
Raven Black
Arctic White

Colors Rims Anthracite Gray
Platinum Silver

Controller output 144 Volts / 200 to 240 Amps

Design foot print Reverse Trike

Dimensions Length 120 in (3.04 m)
Width: 47.6 in (1.21 m) - at the front wheels
Height: 50.5 in (1.28 m)
Wheelbase: 80.5 in (2.04 m)
Ground Clearance: 7 in (0.1778 m)

Doors Both(R & L) functioning driver doors
Automatic opening hatch

Drag Coefficient 0.24

Electric Drive Type: AC Synchronous Electric Motor
Power (kW / hp): 16.1 kWh Lithium Ion Battery
Torque: (lb-ft / Nm): 140 ft-lbs torque
Drivetrain - Rear Wheel Belt Drive

Exterior Two Speed Windshield Wiper

Interior LCD Digital Instrument Cluster
Sirius XM ready AM/FM radio head unit with CD, Bluetooth and USB
6 Way Adjustable Cloth Covered Seat
Heating, Defogger and Ventilation System
Rear View Backup Camera
Remote Keyless Entry
Power Windows
Cargo Space: 285 Liters (10 ft³ / 17,390 in³ / 75.29 gallons)
Carpeted Trunk

Lights Daytime Running Lights
Bi-Halogen Headlamps

Mirrors Heated External Mirrors

Motor Information Rear Wheel Drive
Type: AC Synchronous Electric Motor
Electric Motor Power Output: Up to 82 hp

Occupancy Single occupant

Overall Vehicle Weight Curb Weight: 627 kg/ 1380 lbs est*
Construction: Lightweight Aerospace Composite Chassis

Range Up to 100 miles / 160 km of Range : expect 124 miles / 200km range on production

Rims 15” Aluminium Alloy Wheels

Safety Body panels of carbon fiber
Crumple zones are aluminum

Steering Electric (simulate power)

Tires 155-60 R15 (Front) Continental All Season
175-55 - R15 (Rear) Continental All Season

Special mention soloowners.net/pogson update: Missing are specs about winter driving. Nissan, for instance, recommends against use/storage below -15C/ 5 deg F. I guess a heated garage or even a tarp and heater would do wonders as long as trips could be kept short. It may be that some commuters for January/February might have to use an ICE. That would be sad but Jerry or someone did say they are looking at heating/cooling the battery to take care of this albeit at reduced range as the energy to heat the battery comes from the battery once Solo is off the charger. I wish EMV had an operator's manual and put it on line so potential buyers could see what it's like to be an owner. Most of us know the horrors of ICEd vehicles. I'm sure a couple of points about care and feeding of batteries would not scare people off. It's just that we should know the details before buying the car.

Our letter of intent from September 18th, 2017 shows all reservations combined. We have several reservation systems. Corporate reservation, individual reservation and so on. 

Your reservation is registered in the individual reservation system. It shows that you have the SOLO car# **5. This number doesn't reflect your position in line. It's just an indication for the company that SOLO #**5 is reserved for you Your Name. Your Order# C-**9 is for the books. So, if I bring up your name to our financing department they will know you Your Name under C-**9. If I speak to our production team they will know you under Order# **5.

Jerry has stated from the very start that EMV specified SOLO parts would be sourced from around the world. The quality of those parts and the quality of any contracted build specs are set and controlled by EMV.

Reservations made as 11/08/2017 will be delivered Mid 2019.
Welcome to The Solo Owners and Future Owners Forum.
Ready for #695
[+] 1 user Likes Lynn D's post
Everybody here does realize that they had their massive announcement over a YEAR ago their "final", shipping product (which they have continually revised since) and have only sold how many to paying customers since Sep 2016? Two? Three?

I *really* want them to succeed, but ...

I would *love* to buy the published (specs) vehicle, but at this point (since I am not "in the queue") will wait until several hundred have been shipped before plunking down money.
(11-11-2017, 09:44 PM)SparkE Wrote: Everybody here does realize that they had their massive announcement over a YEAR ago their "final", shipping product (which they have continually revised since) and have only sold how many to paying customers since Sep 2016? Two? Three?

I *really* want them to succeed, but ...

I would *love* to buy the published (specs) vehicle, but at this point (since I am not "in the queue") will wait until several hundred have been shipped before plunking down money.
No risk refundable deposit to be in the queue.   EMV is already successful.  IMO
White Hot Solo #166
Lynn D, thank you for the work you put into compiling all of this up-to-date information.
I've put the direct link to it at the very top of the list in our resource library.
I've moved the actual post/page here so we can discuss the info in a thread.
Seriously, thank you. Love it. We need more of it.

--Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.