Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMV Specs and Info 1/3/18
Information update as of 01/05/2018 Accessories AC
Information update as of 01/03/2018 : U.S. will have center head light (engineers working on design), Turning Circumference   33 feet, Production battery 20.2 KW/hr, Battery Temperature control tested -20C/-4 deg F to +50C/122 deg F
Information as of 12/3/2017    subject to change per Electra Meccanica             updated from 11/08/2017     airbags , air conditioning, Canadian classification & Seat note

Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp.
11/8/2017
Stock YES        symbol  -  ECCTF

Office 102 East First Avenue, Vancouver, BC Canada V5T 1A4
Factory 47 Braid Street, New Westminster, BC Canada V3L 3P2
Mission Statement Close the last gas station in the world
Delivered 10/12/2017   [ 4 customer delivery] &  [ 17 preproduction] & [ working on 26 & 27]    
      *Note
     Electra Meccanica December 16 at 10:56am
      We've built 16 cars , many of which are driven daily. We've also delivered cars to customers in Vancouver and Victoria BC. We look forward to building and delivering many more in  2018.

Certification Canadian - NO
               U.S. - NO

Classification Canadian - Car
               U.S. - Motorcycle
soloowners.net/pogson update:   In Canada, Solo is a Three Wheeled Vehicle and it will have its own set of safety standards different from the usual passenger car and motorcycles.         In USA, it's a motorcycle but may be classed differently as an AutoCycle  if recent moves in states actually are implemented

MSRP Canadian $19,888
        U.S. $15,500

Larger scale production of the SOLO will begin by the end of the first half of 2018. 

2017 EMV Solo Technical Data

Acceleration 130 km/h / 80 MPH est*  (governed to this speed)
              0-100 km/h (0-60 MPH): 8 seconds est*

Accessories Heated seat  Standard
A/C is available as a $1000 option available 2019 (Will delay the 2018 delivery if required)
[A/C? It should not affect you receiving a Signature Series plate.
Mark West
Vice President Sales and Dealerships]
A turbo cord level 2 charger is available as a $500 option
Car wrap  estimated $1,000 Canadian / $800 U.S.  

Air Bags     Future plans locations :   Exterior Windshield   Interior side windows and steering wheel  EMV life time replacement by company no charge

Battery System Battery Chemistry: Lithium Ion
            Energy capacity (kWh) 20.2
            Average life cycle 5 yrs. / 5 Year Battery Warranty
           Battery Temperature control tested -20C/-4 deg F to +50C/122 deg F
           Battery pack was said to be made up of 18650s
                  3000 charge-discharge cycles expected lifetime  {That's ~300000 miles}
                   the warranty was for unlimited mileage within five years on the battery

Brake Regenerative braking
      Electric braking (simulate power)
      3 wheel Disc
      Electric Parking Brake

Cargo Cargo Space: 285 Liters (10 ft³ / 17,390 in³ / 75.29 gallons)
       Carpeted Trunk

Charger Connector Type J1772 Universal Connector

Charging Time 3 hours/220V
6 hours/110V
soloowners.net/pogson update:    There's been a discussion of the charging times and Jerry did answer a question about that in the last CEO update. At 120V 6h charging definitely will not go from 0-100% charge but it will almost certainly top up a battery for the typical commuter. At 240V 3h charging is possible but it depends on the circuitry in Solo. Nissan charges extra for 3h charges in Leaf even for 240V. We asked what the charging current/power for Solo was and did not receive an answer. Some owner or test-driver may have to supply us that data. Leona, the first owner, finds she's always at 100% charge when she sets out after as little as 2h charging.

Colors Body Titanium Silver
               Electric Red
               Raven Black
               Arctic White
Black top stripe will be standard. If you want color match will be optional.

Colors Rims Anthracite Gray
               Platinum Silver

Controller output 144 Volts       /       200 to 240 Amps

Design foot print       Reverse Trike

Dimensions Length 120 in (3.04 m)
               Width: 47.6 in (1.21 m) - at the front wheels
               Height: 50.5 in (1.28 m)
               Wheelbase: 80.5 in (2.04 m)
              Ground Clearance: 7 in (0.1778 m)

Doors Both(R & L) functioning driver doors
       Automatic opening  hatch

Drag Coefficient 0.24

Electric Drive Type: AC Synchronous Electric Motor
Power (kW / hp): 16.1 kWh Lithium Ion Battery
Torque: (lb-ft / Nm): 140 ft-lbs torque
Drivetrain - Rear Wheel Belt Drive

Exterior Two Speed Windshield Wiper

HOV lane      Legal in both Canada and USA     100% occupancy

Interior LCD Digital Instrument Cluster
Sirius XM ready AM/FM radio head unit with CD, Bluetooth and USB
6 Way Adjustable Cloth Covered Seat
Heating, Defogger and Ventilation System
Rear View Backup Camera
Remote Keyless Entry
Power Windows
Cargo Space: 285 Liters (10 ft³ / 17,390 in³ / 75.29 gallons)
Carpeted Trunk

Lights Daytime Running Lights
       Bi-Halogen Headlamps
               U.S. will have center head light (engineers working on design)

Mirrors Heated External Mirrors

Motor Information Rear Wheel Drive
                      Type: AC Synchronous Electric Motor
                      Electric Motor Power Output: Up to 82 hp

Occupancy Single occupant

Overall Vehicle Weight Curb Weight: 627 kg/ 1380 lbs est*
Construction: Lightweight Aerospace Composite Chassis

Range Up to 100 miles / 160 km of Range :  expect 124 miles / 200km range on production

Rims 15” Aluminium Alloy Wheels

Safety Body panels  of carbon fiber
Crumple zones are aluminum

Steering Electric (simulate power)

Tires 155-60 R15 (Front)  Continental All Season
175-55 - R15 (Rear)  Continental All Season

Tow      Per Jerry - The Solo can be towed on one wheel.   Per SOLO owner Leona #1 - Owners manual states tow on flat bed truck.

Turning Circumference   33 feet

Warranty      3 year new car warranty

Special mention soloowners.net/pogson update:    Missing are specs about winter driving. Nissan, for instance, recommends against use/storage below -15C/ 5 deg F. I guess a heated garage or even a tarp and heater would do wonders as long as trips could be kept short. It may be that some commuters for January/February might have to use an ICE. That would be sad but Jerry or someone did say they are looking at heating/cooling the battery to take care of this albeit at reduced range as the energy to heat the battery comes from the battery once Solo is off the charger. I wish EMV had an operator's manual and put it on line so potential buyers could see what it's like to be an owner. Most of us know the horrors of ICEd vehicles. I'm sure a couple of points about care and feeding of batteries would not scare people off. It's just that we should know the details before buying the car.

Our letter of intent from September 18th, 2017 shows all reservations combined. We have several reservation systems. Corporate reservation, individual reservation and so on. 

Your reservation is registered in the individual reservation system. It shows that you have the SOLO car# **5. This number doesn't reflect your position in line. It's just an indication for the company that SOLO #**5 is reserved for you Your Name. Your Order# C-**9 is for the books. So, if I bring up your name to our financing department they will know you  Your Name under C-**9. If I speak to our production team they will know you under Order# **5.

Jerry has stated from the very start that EMV specified SOLO parts would be sourced from around the world.  The quality of those parts and the quality of any contracted build specs are set and controlled by EMV.

Reservations made as 11/08/2017 will be delivered  Mid 2019.
Welcome to The Solo Owners and Future Owners Forum.
Ready for #695
[+] 2 users Like Lynn D's post
Everybody here does realize that they had their massive announcement over a YEAR ago their "final", shipping product (which they have continually revised since) and have only sold how many to paying customers since Sep 2016? Two? Three?

I *really* want them to succeed, but ...

I would *love* to buy the published (specs) vehicle, but at this point (since I am not "in the queue") will wait until several hundred have been shipped before plunking down money.
(11-11-2017, 08:44 PM)SparkE Wrote: Everybody here does realize that they had their massive announcement over a YEAR ago their "final", shipping product (which they have continually revised since) and have only sold how many to paying customers since Sep 2016? Two? Three?

I *really* want them to succeed, but ...

I would *love* to buy the published (specs) vehicle, but at this point (since I am not "in the queue") will wait until several hundred have been shipped before plunking down money.
No risk refundable deposit to be in the queue.   EMV is already successful.  IMO
SOLO #166 reservation refunded 12/14/2017.   OVER & OUT!  
Lynn D, thank you for the work you put into compiling all of this up-to-date information.
I've put the direct link to it at the very top of the list in our resource library.
I've moved the actual post/page here so we can discuss the info in a thread.
Seriously, thank you. Love it. We need more of it.

--Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
update 12/13/2017 airbag, seat note, Canadian classification & air condition
Welcome to The Solo Owners and Future Owners Forum.
Ready for #695
[+] 1 user Likes Lynn D's post
(12-13-2017, 10:24 PM)Lynn D Wrote: update 12/13/2017   airbag, seat note, Canadian classification  & air condition

Jerry gave some more specifics about the battery: 3000 charge-discharge cycles expected lifetime. That's ~300000 miles, decades for many commuters. I almost certainly won't live long enough to wear out the battery. He also stated the warranty was for unlimited mileage within five years on the battery. I'd have to do two or three deep discharges per day to wear it out in five years. That would be really hard work. I can see doing that rarely in a longer trip but not in everyday commuting/errands. I'd say Solo is about as close to perfect as a reliable performer can be for individual drivers.

Jerry also stated testing is completed and only filing/acceptance remains. That's a little vague. Surely he knows whether or not Solo passed the tests... I presume Solo passed so the blockage on production should soon be gone.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
Delaying A/C until 2019? I guess getting that integrated is proving to be more difficult than anticipated. So much for sales in any part of the world that gets warm.

Seems like their engineering efforts may be a bit scattered and encountering "mission creep". Talking about all kind of airbags (even external ones!), autonomous controls, etc., but cannot complete the addition of a basic feature like A/C.
[+] 1 user Likes sbarr's post
Based on EMV's CEO response regarding  AC, on ElectraMeccanica USA Facebook, I cancelled my Receipt #166 reservation.
(12-14-2017, 03:32 PM)Rickb Wrote: Based on EMV's CEO response regarding  AC, on ElectraMeccanica Owners Facebook, I cancelled my Receipt #166 reservation.
Based on the map, Rickb is in the northwest USA. I wouldn't think AC would be vital there. Perhaps it's to reduce humidity. I've used AC a few times in Canada but mostly it's an utter waste. I can just drive in the cool of the morning or late at night to avoid high heat indices. From September through May, AC would be useless here. Overall I consider AC a negative, raising capital cost and wasting energy. I could put a microwave oven or a TV in a Solo too, but those would be equally useless.

One issue with Solo about AC... I think AC will be powered from the 12V battery. I'm not sure the size of the battery is adequate for such loads. Is the 12V battery charged only while plugged in or does an inverter draw power from the traction-battery to keep that up? In either case it would reduce the range, drawing from the big battery or draining the 12V battery.

So many questions. So few answers. An electrical diagram would reveal the answer promptly. Good specs would reveal the answer promptly. As it is I will buy a Solo and report what I find...
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
(12-14-2017, 03:51 PM)pogson Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 03:32 PM)Rickb Wrote: Based on EMV's CEO response regarding  AC, on ElectraMeccanica Owners Facebook, I cancelled my Receipt #166 reservation.
Based on the map, Rickb is in the northwest USA. I wouldn't think AC would be vital there. Perhaps it's to reduce humidity. I've used AC a few times in Canada but mostly it's an utter waste. I can just drive in the cool of the morning or late at night to avoid high heat indices. From September through May, AC would be useless here. Overall I consider AC a negative, raising capital cost and wasting energy. I could put a microwave oven or a TV in a Solo too, but those would be equally useless.

One issue with Solo about AC... I think AC will be powered from the 12V battery. I'm not sure the size of the battery is adequate for such loads. Is the 12V battery charged only while plugged in or does an inverter draw power from the traction-battery to keep that up? In either case it would reduce the range, drawing from the big battery or draining the 12V battery.

So many questions. So few answers. An electrical diagram would reveal the answer promptly. Good specs would reveal the answer promptly. As it is I will buy a Solo and report what I find...
Rickb, appreciates the AC option for those that need it living in hot and humid climates.  However, I did not opt for AC.  That has nothing to do with Kroll's "the SOLO doesn't need AC, it's like putting AC in a motorcycle, an excuse to stay with gas vehicles.......blah,blah,blah.  Why the hell did he offer it as an option and then slam a reservationist that was disappointed to hear it's delayed and then proceed to cancel his reservation because he was disappointed?  That could be the CEO's award winning question of the day.  There is a word for Jerry and his inconsiderate response and total lack of customer PR.

ElectraMeccanica USA Facebook:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)