Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Production Deal
http://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/electra-meccanica-announces-first-solo-manufacturing-agreement-649041013.html
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Great news! Now they solo can have ABS, Regeneration and AC standard, perhaps at an even lower price.
(10-04-2017, 08:47 AM)Acentre Wrote: Great news! Now they solo can have ABS, Regeneration and AC standard, perhaps at an even lower price.

ABS would be quite a radical change for Solo. Regen and A/C are already included or fairly simple additions but ABS would mean changing the braking from simple hydraulics to power-braking plus sensors for each wheel, some controller and possibly independent circuits for each wheel. That would also mean recertification because braking is one of the tests. I'd much rather have no ABS if there were any increase in time to delivery. I can see ABS also costing much more. A compromise might be a spin detector on the body and an hydraulic motor to pulse the brake pressure during braking if necessary. That might not work if braking is combined with turning. Too much can go wrong.

I'd rather keep Solo simple the way cars used to be around the time of horses and buggies. Horses gave me problems but buggies seemed very reliable except in mud or sharp turns. In mud all kinds of bad things happened, but in sharp turns the buggy was like a 3-wheeled vehicle going the wrong way. Solo has that fixed. I think the braking is OK if JK and other drivers love it.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post