Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Corporate Orders"?
EMV financial statements and media releases tout ~19,000 corporate Solo orders.
Trying to figure out who these corporations are.
Think they're talking about dealers? If not, who else? Beats me.

[Image: Mikebike_signature.png]

(10-02-2017, 12:39 PM)Qubit Wrote: EMV financial statements and media releases tout ~19,000 corporate Solo orders.

Big outfits with fleets of vehicles sorely need low maintenance, low cost of operation vehicles for shuttling people and stuff back and forth. Think "company cars" and delivery vehicles. Think Pizza Whatever...

On a related note, EMV has just announced that China will produce a gazillion Solos over the next few years, thousands anyway. See https://electrameccanica.com/electra-mec...agreement/

Production is to start in 2018. Perhaps my Solo will be made in China. The Chinese already have the working space, many parts and workers. They can easily ramp up and Chinese ride millions of gas-guzzling scooters. China wants to ban gas-guzzlers of all shapes and sizes. Solo is a good fit.

I guess inking this agreement is what JK has been doing in China lately. I would not be surprised that if certification in North America happens, the Chinese partner will start manufacturing in North America.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
(10-02-2017, 12:52 PM)pogson Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 12:39 PM)Qubit Wrote: EMV financial statements and media releases tout ~19,000 corporate Solo orders.

Big outfits with fleets of vehicles sorely need low maintenance, low cost of operation vehicles for shuttling people and stuff back and forth. Think "company cars" and delivery vehicles. Think Pizza Whatever...

On a related note, EMV has just announced that China will produce a gazillion Solos over the next few years, thousands anyway. See https://electrameccanica.com/electra-mec...agreement/

Production is to start in 2018. Perhaps my Solo will be made in China. The Chinese already have the working space, many parts and workers. They can easily ramp up and Chinese ride millions of gas-guzzling scooters. China wants to ban gas-guzzlers of all shapes and sizes. Solo is a good fit.

I guess inking this agreement is what JK has been doing in China lately. I would not be surprised that if certification in North America happens, the Chinese partner will start manufacturing in North America.

Yeah, I guess. Think ≤ a breadbox.

[Image: Mikebike_signature.png]