Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20SEP2017 total Solo deliveries as of today
Dale/Rick/Anyone,
    How many Solo Alphas have been delivered to customers to date?
2015 Nissan Leaf owner/lover
I guesstimate less than 10 Alphas and those are only to Canadians.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
(09-20-2017, 06:41 PM)Janet6196 Wrote: I guesstimate less than 10 Alphas and those are only to Canadians.

We know of a few publicly announced:
  • Leona's Green Solo
  • Some other folks
  • The guy in Victoria BC, across by ferry
  • several more in the works including one member's #13
So far, reports have been good. Why keep production so low when the product is suitable and wanted by many? It's one of the Universe's great mysteries. Aren't we long past prototyping? Come on, let more of us test Solo. I can't get to Vancouver for a test-drive. Too expensive to travel that far by ICE.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
[+] 2 users Like pogson's post
(09-20-2017, 07:54 PM)pogson Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 06:41 PM)Janet6196 Wrote: I guesstimate less than 10 Alphas and those are only to Canadians.

We know of a few publicly announced:
  • Leona's Green Solo
  • Some other folks
  • The guy in Victoria BC, across by ferry
  • several more in the works including one member's #13
So far, reports have been good. Why keep production so low when the product is suitable and wanted by many? It's one of the Universe's great mysteries. Aren't we long past prototyping? Come on, let more of us test Solo. I can't get to Vancouver for a test-drive. Too expensive to travel that far by ICE.
Too far to travel by electric.  Your Solo will likely be delivered by ICE so better start saving for the huge delivery fee!
White Hot Solo #166
(09-20-2017, 06:34 PM)STEPHENSOLO Wrote: Dale/Rick/Anyone,

Hi Stephen. Good to see you're still here.
I have no idea of how many, but it is low. Very possibly no more than 10.
They were talking about starting at only 4 per month.

One piece of good new was that China still seems to be on the table.
Jerry said he's got a couple of trips planned this month.
That's the first time it's been mentioned for quite a while now.

Like I've said before, I believe the present facility is just a multi-purpose stop-gap measure.
I believe it's more of a testing ground for developing an efficient mass production system.

Nothing wrong with that IMO. It's basically a lab and a perk for the early Canadian adopters.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
As fahr as. I know only 3 Solos have been delivered. #1,#10 and #11. 
#12and 13 are in the production line. I haven't heard if there near completion, no information on delivery time
for my Solo #13  Sad  #14to #17 are also in production but are going to be used for crash testing according to Jerry.
Jerry is in China right now looking at the production there.
This is all the info I'm aware of at the moment.
Sometimes it's tough trying to get anything out of EMV.
(09-20-2017, 06:34 PM)STEPHENSOLO Wrote: Dale/Rick/Anyone,
Hey Stephen,

3 SOLOs delivered according to EMV public announcements with 2-3 in various stages of assembly.

Jerry stated in one of the video updates that they were interested in building 'perfect' SOLOs providing Canadian deliveries only so they could monitor those vehicles locally to catch any possible issues with early production vehicles prior to scaling production.  Getting it right out of the gate seems logical to me.  

Someone stated that EMV anticipates the majority of the current 570 Signature Series Solo reservations would likely be delivered in 2018.  Time will tell on that one.  Frankly, they are well ahead of where I thought they would be to date.  Smile
White Hot Solo #166
(09-20-2017, 08:27 PM)Rickb Wrote: Too far to travel by electric.  Your Solo will likely be delivered by ICE so better start saving for the huge delivery fee!

I figure it would cost me about $500 to travel to Vancouver for a half-hour test-drive. That's a couple of year's travel by Solo... I don't really require a test-drive except perhaps to verify that my stomach will fit. I'm satisfied with the numbers and performance I've seen EMV demonstrate.

I'd guess delivery would be similar. I had a tractor delivered to me from China for about twice that. If they ship a dozen Solos on a truck to Winnipeg, it could work. So far, I'm the only one I know in Manitoba wanting a Solo. That would be expensive. I've offered to drive my Solo back from Calgary where EMV claims to have a dealership in waiting. That would cost me ~$200 for a bus-ticket and some meals. Who knows? By 2018 there might be a dealership in Winnipeg.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
Regardless, there will be a vehicle destination fee on  the window sticker, but a Winnipeg dealership would afford you a test drive opportunity to verify fit.  I don't understand not wanting/needing to test drive any vehicle before making the purchase.  I've come across vehicles I like the looks of, but after a test drive no way I'd own one based on performance, comfort, fit, and finsish.
White Hot Solo #166
(09-21-2017, 11:58 AM)Rickb Wrote: I don't understand not wanting/needing to test drive any vehicle before making the purchase.  I've come across vehicles I like the looks of, but after a test drive no way I'd own one based on performance, comfort, fit, and finsish.

I just need reliable transportation from A to B. All else is secondary and uncritical. If Leona loves her Solo, that's good enough for me. For me a test-drive is just some fun while waiting for delivery and an opportunity to record some data... I've test-driven more than one ICEd vehicle that turned out to be nightmares. One ended up as scrap metal just on its own with no accident or abuse after just 4 years. That was a landmark in my journey to driving electrically. I kid you not, every piece of rubber under the hood had to be replaced, the muffler was replaced twice, the dealership went out of business and the engine was blowing blue smoke. Four years... With Solo, I know there's less to go wrong. Two doors instead of five, three wheels instead of four, no ICE at all, several times lower cost of operation and no gears to shift. Solo is made for me.
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post