Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo goes traveling
Packing the solo video. https://youtu.be/ljFBs2wb5-s
[+] 1 user Likes Jamaf's post
(09-19-2017, 02:33 AM)Jamaf Wrote: Packing the solo video. https://youtu.be/ljFBs2wb5-s
Cute. Solo is certainly enough car for me. Jerry claims a cellist found a cello will fit as well. I'm curious how long a rifle, fishing rod or telescope the cargo spaces can hold. I suspect the rear space, if something can protrude into the cockpit, will do. Some disassembly might help as well. Now all we need is a roof-rack for a deer or else more processing in the field will be required. Nuts, berries and groceries are clearly not a problem. It's all good.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
Awesome little vehicle!
[+] 2 users Like ultrachaser's post
(09-20-2017, 10:32 AM)ultrachaser Wrote: Awesome little vehicle!

Solo is a demonstration of doing more with less. It's nearly optimal for commuting and errands. In addition this minimalism combined with a sleek shape causes great efficiency. No EV comes close to the distance/energy ratio of Solo. I suspect that's the same about maintenance too. Light vehicles suffer less wear to tires, brakes and bearings. It's all good. Most other small EVs tend to be boxy and only suitable for low speed city driving because of air-resistance. Solo does quite well on highways at least until ~100miles/160km. We still don't know for sure how Solo does in Manitoba's winters but I'm willing to be the guinea pig...  Rolleyes
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
(09-21-2017, 08:11 AM)pogson Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 10:32 AM)ultrachaser Wrote: Awesome little vehicle!

Solo is a demonstration of doing more with less. It's nearly optimal for commuting and errands. In addition this minimalism combined with a sleek shape causes great efficiency. No EV comes close to the distance/energy ratio of Solo. I suspect that's the same about maintenance too. Light vehicles suffer less wear to tires, brakes and bearings. It's all good. Most other small EVs tend to be boxy and only suitable for low speed city driving because of air-resistance. Solo does quite well on highways at least until ~100miles/160km. We still don't know for sure how Solo does in Manitoba's winters but I'm willing to be the guinea pig...  Rolleyes

I am very impressed. Can't wait for your winter review on the Solo.
I think we owe Mike Corbin some debt of gratitude for developing the Corbin Sparrow's vehicle arcitecture on which the Solo's platform is based.  Thanks Mike.  Thanks Jerry for buying the handful of remaining Sparrows, Sparrow parts, and Sparrow rights from Myers Motors and making the EMVSOLO's major styling improvement and component parts upgrades.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(09-21-2017, 04:21 PM)Rickb Wrote: I think we owe Mike Corbin some debt of gratitude for developing the Corbin Sparrow's vehicle arcitecture on which the Solo's platform is based.  Thanks Mike.  Thanks Jerry for buying the handful of remaining Sparrows, Sparrow parts, and Sparrow rights from Myers Motors and making the EMVSOLO's major styling improvement and component parts upgrades.

Amen! Sparrow was a good concept but Solo is a better implementation in a time of greater acceptance of EVs. Reservations and public reaction to Solos in the wild suggest that Solo will succeed barring catastrophe.
(09-21-2017, 04:47 PM)pogson Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 04:21 PM)Rickb Wrote: I think we owe Mike Corbin some debt of gratitude for developing the Corbin Sparrow's vehicle arcitecture on which the Solo's platform is based.  Thanks Mike.  Thanks Jerry for buying the handful of remaining Sparrows, Sparrow parts, and Sparrow rights from Myers Motors and making the EMVSOLO's major styling improvement and component parts upgrades.

Amen! Sparrow was a good concept but Solo is a better implementation in a time of greater acceptance of EVs. Reservations and public reaction to Solos in the wild suggest that Solo will succeed barring catastrophe.
Yes, Jerry's engineering and design team accomplished an amazing Sparrow makeover.  The new styling and engineering upgrades will garner world wide market acceptance.
White Hot Solo #166
(09-21-2017, 10:23 PM)Rickb Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 04:47 PM)pogson Wrote:

Yes, Jerry's engineering and design team accomplished an amazing Sparrow makeover.  The new styling and engineering upgrades will garner world wide market acceptance.
Yes, but even the Solo styling is now starting to get old. (3 or 4 year old design). Look at the new design/layout of the cars this year and coming for 2018.  They have to follow the trend and not stopping developing the Solo.