Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Open House
Get a Sneak Preview of Luxury & Supercar Weekend by RSVPing For Our September 8th Open House!

Factory Open House
Friday, September 8th, 4 P.M.—6 P.M.
47 Braid Street, New Westminster, B.C.

Luxury & Supercar Weekend
September 9th & 10th, 11 A.M.—5 P.M.
VanDusen Botanical Garden, 5251 Oak St, Vancouver, B.C.

Electra Meccanica returns to Luxury & Supercar Weekend September 9th and 10th! Those eager for a sneak peek at our weekend's showcase are invited to attend our Factory Open House. Visit 47 Braid Street, New Westminster, between 4 P.M. and 6 P.M. on Friday, September 8th, for an exclusive preview of the B.C.-built EVs that will have Vancouver's most glamorous autoshow buzzing!

Send your Open House RSVP to events@electrameccanica.com. See below for event location. For tickets to Luxury & Supercar Weekend, click

here.

[Image: 71f1c6e2-8f9f-408b-82d6-e75e5969962a.png]
Is anyone going??
(09-03-2017, 11:09 AM)Jamaf Wrote: Is anyone going??

Perhaps you did too good of a job with your test drive report and video.  What is the point in going to see a pre-production prototype with poor fit & finish, a weak battery, and non-production specs?  With production at 2 per month, and no indication whether the production models have high-quality fit and finish, or full-spec batteries, no news on certification status, or any other solid information, the forum interest has dried up.  

Elio is dead, Arcimoto and ElectraMeccanica are treading water with no real indication of progress, and Sondors is still a year and a half away from projected production.  IOW, all is normal in the trike world, nothing now, perhaps great things coming next year, or the year after.

Slingshot, Venice, or Spyder?  At least they are available now.
I'm done.
(09-03-2017, 09:20 PM)flying_solo Wrote: With production at 2 per month, and no indication whether the production models have high-quality fit and finish, or full-spec batteries, no news on certification status, or any other solid information, the forum interest has dried up.

I don't think that's true at all. There's plenty of interest. There is a drought of information and the quality and consistency of information is lacking. Nevertheless, Solo is a great idea and very close to success. I, too, question how EMV is operating but it's their company and their business-plan.

It looks like there are bid/ask numbers for ECCTF at last. On Friday, 100 shares traded at $1.50. If they sold a few million shares at that price, they probably could greatly increase production. Still no certification, as far as I know...
(09-03-2017, 11:29 PM)pogson Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 09:20 PM)flying_solo Wrote: With production at 2 per month, and no indication whether the production models have high-quality fit and finish, or full-spec batteries, no news on certification status, or any other solid information, the forum interest has dried up.

I don't think that's true at all. There's plenty of interest. There is a drought of information and the quality and consistency of information is lacking. Nevertheless, Solo is a great idea and very close to success. I, too, question how EMV is operating but it's their company and their business-plan.

It looks like there are bid/ask numbers for ECCTF at last. On Friday, 100 shares traded at $1.50. If they sold a few million shares at that price, they probably could greatly increase production. Still no certification, as far as I know...
Good catch, thanks.

https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/ECCTF/quote

$0.10 / $2.00
I'm done.
(09-03-2017, 09:20 PM)Dflying_solo Wrote:

Elio is dead, Arcimoto and ElectraMeccanica are treading water with no real indication of progress, and Sondors is still a year and a half away from projected production.  IOW, all is normal in the trike world, nothing now, perhaps great things coming next year, or the year after.

Arcimoto is on the cusp of production.  Excellent progress since the extreme make over Gen8 SRK reveal a year or so ago.  Elio is penny less.
White Hot Solo #166
(09-03-2017, 09:20 PM)flying_solo Wrote:

Perhaps you did too good of a job with your test drive report and video.  What is the point in going to see a pre-production prototype with poor fit & finish, a weak battery, and non-production specs?  With production at 2 per month, and no indication whether the production models have high-quality fit and finish, or full-spec batteries, no news on certification status, or any other solid information, the forum interest has dried up.  

I would hope that by going we would see some productions Solo's.   Then we could see the final "fit and finish".  Yes we are disappointed that the Solo has been solo slow to the market.  I hope that through the first production models they will iron out the kinks increase the speed/hp/range and add some power brakes. Otherwise a slightly used Nissan Leaf is looking pretty good.
(09-04-2017, 11:07 PM)Jamaf Wrote: I hope that through the first production models they will iron out the kinks increase the speed/hp/range and add some power brakes. Otherwise a slightly used Nissan Leaf is looking pretty good.

I've seen pix of what's under the front hood of a Leaf. It's a nightmare, not much different from some ICEd autos. I prefer the Solo because it's more efficient and has way less moving parts. I certainly have no need of more speed/hp from Solo although a bit more range would make it more useful for highway driving. I still plan to take a few longer trips with my Solo by relying on the existing public charging stations along major routes. I can travel east to the Winnipeg River and west to the Rocky Mountains even with 100 mile range. Going north is a bit more difficult...

We sure do need reliable data on charging and range of Solo if range matters. The 3h/6h spec is suspect because the 6h spec for 120v just can't be right. With a TurboCord(link to PDF spec), 120V X 12A X 6h is only 8.64kWh, less than 16.1kWh, and there needs to be a few extra kWh to fill in the small inefficiency of power-conversion and charging. 16A X 240V X 3h is also only 11.52kWh... We still don't know what a Solo will draw from a J1772 Level 2 charging station. I posted a question on FB about that after last month's live session but have received no reply. Damned Internet was down here on the day... That's no matter for commuters who work sane hours but it's a drag for anyone wanting to "live off the land" with existing power outlets. It's discouraging for anyone who can do the maths, read the website or listen to Jerry... It's bad business... Once they are in production and selling to ordinary consumers, how long will it take to get a lawsuit or complaint for false advertising going?
Leaf Owner's report to love their leafs.  Proven and in production since 2010 with the next gen reveal 2017.  I only wish I liked the styling.  No comparison to the SOLO.  One could own a Leaf as the primary family car and buy the SOLO for it's intended purpose......a supplement to the primary vehicle.

Bad business is new startups making vehicle specification and production start claims and not following through.  That has happened with all the new startups.  "Badder" business would be mass producing a vehicle that wasn't quite ready for production.  Important to insure very happy customers right out the gate to avoid recalls and warranty issues, particularly with no established servicing network.

After 10+ years of following new startups and having several vehicle reservations, some since refunded,  blah, blah, blah.
White Hot Solo #166
(09-05-2017, 10:07 AM)Rickb Wrote: Bad business is new startups making vehicle specification and production start claims and not following through.

I think those things about EMV are more about not keeping the website updated in the face of facts, like the delivery schedule. FB is more current than the website but less about specifications. The blog is almost monthly. Would it be too hard to make it daily/weekly? I mean it's a startup. Aren't things happening? Why are pix from a year ago still on the top of the pile on the website? They are beautiful pix but there have been thousands of opportunities to give the public more details on the steps of production, design changes, testing, test-drives, smiling happy customers... It's like taking the family up the hill to fly the kite but not turning it loose. It just spoils the fun.

So much has been accomplished. Why is everything in slow motion now? Where has the momentum gone? There are hundreds of buyers patiently waiting. They have a car with a beautiful design meeting lots of needs. What are we waiting for? It just seems strange having staff designing and selling cars but no one making them. Send me the parts. I'll make my own... I bet at the price of freight and a few pizzas for volunteers I could do it in a few weeks and be driving my Solo instead of waiting for it. I built a tractor from parts once. I'm sure I could build a Solo.