Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CEO Report August 2017
From the Desk of Jerry Kroll

Early production of SOLOs from our New Westminster, B.C. factory continues to spool up, and we’ve had the pleasure of delivering another two customer cars since my June update: Cars #0010 and #0011. The first SOLOs will be delivered in the general Vancouver area, and Vancouver Island, to keep them within a few hours of our shop in case we need to perform any work on them. I felt like Santa Claus delivering the last one in Victoria, as the bright red SOLO had the neighbourhood buzzing while Mark West went over the manual with the new owner. Seriously, if you are not getting enough attention with your Lamborghini, you can always step up to a SOLO! We parked it at the big Empress Hotel for a while, and had a constant ten to twenty people around it. And the SOLOs are performing as advertised. Just a beautiful ride. You can book your SOLO test drive experience, currently at our HQ, by just sending us an email to info@electrameccanica.com.

We just had the gentleman known as “The Soup Nazi” from the Seinfeld Show drop in to our HQ for a test drive. If he can make it here, so can you! He’s a very charming man, and was in town to do a fundraiser for people harmed by the recent forest fires. He gets climate destruction, and knows we need to do more! If you don’t understand this, “No SOLO for YOU!!” Better yet, take up
Fandango's offer of a free ticket to An Inconvenient Sequel (use promo code "CLIMATEEDU"). It's a must-see!

We also had four SOLOs on display at an electric car expo in July, and had almost 300 people do quick test drives over the one day. Lots of great feedback, and people have a lot more patience than I would, standing in line for half an hour for a 5-minute spin around a small test track. Everyone seemed happy though, and we got another whack of SOLO orders out of it. We are close to having our entire 2018 production sold out.

On the Tofino front, our first prototype is now being built up in the Braid shop and should be on the road in a few weeks. We plan to unveil it at the September 9th Vancouver Supercar show, as well as our Braid Street Open House on September 8th. RSVP at events@electrameccanica.com if you'd like to attend. This is a good time to come over and see the SOLOs coming together, as well as the first two prototype Tofinos, for yourself. I always feel more comfortable when people see things for themselves, to eliminate any miscommunication from any of my updates. Come see, feel and smile. It’s all real, and real cool! Please come out and have a coffee with myself and our production and development team. I promise you’ll be impressed. To my knowledge, no other car company does this as openly as Electra Meccanica does! We are very proud of what we’re doing!

On the financial side of things, our public market filing of EMV stock continues to cruise along. It’s now shown as ECCTF on the OTCQB venture exchange (US markets) and I’m told that our shareholders certificates are all being digitized and should begin actual trading soon. I’m beyond pleased at the public market support for Tesla stock, and having met the two founders Marc and Martin back in 2007, it is a dream come true for EV supporters. I hope we are as fortunate with EMV, so we can deploy all the SOLOs, Tofinos and other products that we have in our pipeline. It seems that sustainable business, and clean tech energy in particular is getting the lion’s share of investor attention. Our timing could not have been any better!

The next couple of months will include a lot of travel for myself and the EMV team, as we set up business around the world. Connect with our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with all the adventures, and tune in to Facebook Live at 6 P.M. PST, September 11th for our monthly EMV Update! I have an SCCA open wheel competition at Laguna Seca on September 1-3, so come by and say “Hi” if you’re in the Monterey, California area during that time. Admission is free, and you can have a photo sitting in my Formula car!

September 14th is our EMV Annual General Meeting, and this year we will be holding it at the beautiful Science World facility, one block away from our HQ in Vancouver. It will be a live theatre presentation, and will include introductions to our entire team and some special guests! Bring your questions on our business, products and plans, and let’s get excited about Electra Meccanica! Official notices will go out to all shareholders soon, but please accept this as an invitation to attend as my guest, and RSVP to events@electrameccanica.com. We really are doing special things, and I love sharing it with everyone who is interested!

All the best to everyone for a happy summer, and looking forward to catching up again with the next EMV CEO report!

Sincerely,

[Image: c065c560-bed7-43a7-9c49-d93aa271b323.png]

Jerry Kroll, CEO
ElectraMeccanica Vehicles Corp.
604-428-SOLO
www.emvauto.com
I *loved* the "Seriously, if you are not getting enough attention with your Lamborghini, you can always step up to a SOLO" line!!
[+] 2 users Like SparkE's post