Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMV on Dragon's Den
According to this August 16th,
"DRAGONS’ DEN (Sept. 28), featuring Arlene Dickinson’s return to the Den as the sixth Dragon"

Unknown if Jerry will be on the 1st episode, though.

[Image: Mikebike_signature.png]

[+] 1 user Likes Qubit's post
(08-18-2017, 12:26 PM)Qubit Wrote: According to this August 16th,
"DRAGONS’ DEN (Sept. 28), featuring Arlene Dickinson’s return to the Den as the sixth Dragon"

I saw a snippet here: http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/m/blog/season-12-trailer

It shows Jerry offering 25% of EMV for $25million about 26s in...

Share price of ECCTF has reached as high as $8. That would make that offer a great deal. Who knows? Jerry knows but he's not saying.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
(09-22-2017, 06:13 PM)pogson Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 12:26 PM)Qubit Wrote: According to this August 16th,

I saw a snippet here: http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/m/blog/season-12-trailer

It shows Jerry offering 25% of EMV for $25million about 26s in...

Share price of ECCTF has reached as high as $8. That would make that offer a great deal. Who knows? Jerry knows but he's not saying.

If the link above will not work (in your area) I found it on facebook / Young man in Yellow hazard shirt clip
https://www.facebook.com/pg/dragonsden/v...e_internal
Welcome to The Solo Owners and Future Owners Forum.
Ready for #695
[+] 2 users Like Lynn D's post
I'm not sure DD folks are rich enough for that offer. They often make a counter-offer. Suppose they counter with 10% for $10 million. That's about the amount Jerry was seeking last year. It's probably enough to ramp up production in Canada, assuming safety certification happens. I'd bet that would be acceptable. The share could be an issue. Jerry and friends have put in ~$10million so far, so giving up 10% or even 15% share for assurance of take-off would be good for them. I think Jerry and friends might resist shares of 25% or more.

Then, of course, we will see whether or not Buying Canadian, Three-Wheeled Vehicle, EV, lithium ion batteries in winter and single-seater appeal to a broader range of  people. Wise investors would want a market-survey to reassure them on these points. I'm not sure that's been done by EMV. All I've heard are statistics on single-passenger commuting and EVs in general. There is a market for Solo but I don't think anyone knows for sure how large it is and how rapidly it will be flooded by competitors if Solo succeeds. I think EMV will have a monopoly for at least a year and possibly two years, plenty of time to break even in a big way. I think success eventually means Solo will be available on Amazon with delivery in a few weeks... rather than a raft of dealerships. The whole selling model will be different with kiosks all over for test-drives and a few servicing points rather than the way auto-makers do things. The low parts-count and high reliability of Solo probably means selling and service don't need to be closely tied. The most-needed parts can be sold on Amazon and the electrical service, rarely needed, can be done at a few places in major cities.
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...