Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Joined Love Electra Meccanica
Hello everyone my name is Joe and I've been following Elio for many years and actually started a show on YouTube called Let's Talk Elio. I've had the pleasure to meet Jerry Kroll when they invited me to Vancouver. Seeing and driving the car totally made me a believer. I would like to share with you my experience. BTW I've also reserved a Solo. If you would like to see my journey go to YouTube and search joeker88. Thanks guys.
[+] 3 users Like Menandro's post
(08-02-2017, 01:26 AM)Menandro Wrote: Hello everyone my name is Joe and I've been following Elio for many years and actually started a show on YouTube called Let's Talk Elio. I've had the pleasure to meet Jerry Kroll when they invited me to Vancouver. Seeing and driving the car totally made me a believer. I would like to share with you my experience. BTW I've also reserved a Solo. If you would like to see my journey go to YouTube and search joeker88. Thanks guys.

Welcome Joe.
Glad you made it.

Feel free to also post your videos here in the appropriate subforums.

And don't forget to put your pin on the interactive Solo Demographics Map.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(08-02-2017, 01:26 AM)Menandro Wrote: Hello everyone my name is Joe and I've been following Elio for many years and actually started a show on YouTube called Let's Talk Elio. 

Hi Joe,

Nice to have you on this forum!  I'm a great fan of your Let's Talk Elio program!  Unfortunately, my enthusiasm for the Elio is waning, since I can't see a sustainable future for fossil fueled transportation.  I'd still buy one though, if they're available in the next three years or so.  The ICE still has at least another 10 years to go, I'd wager.
[+] 1 user Likes Sniffy's post
Welcome Joe! Let's not talk Elio. Let's Talk SOLO! Glad you're here.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(08-02-2017, 01:51 PM)Sniffy Wrote: The ICE still has at least another 10 years to go

That's probably true since ICEs do have lots of advantages in power/weight/range etc. OTOH, EVs are certainly competitive around cities where ~80% of us now live. The pollution of ICEs making NOx, CO2 and ozone are a huge negative in congested areas. So, I don't see ICEs disappearing but they will definitely decline rapidly as the "goto" technology.

There are also social arguments rather than scientific/technical. A good number of us are singles these days through choice as well as accident. There is a market for Solo, not just for commuters but many near-urban dwellers, singles, retired folk, and folks who have multiple vehicles. I have multiple neighbours with multiple vehicles. There's no reason at all that Solo could not be one of them. I was a student at university for 9 years. I don't see why a Solo would not be a good commuter for students. However you slice it a Solo EV could work for an awful lot of us. Leave the long hauls and heavy freight for ICEs. I know some are looking at EV trucks but they seem awkward to me requiring huge batteries. If delivering power from the roadways becomes widespread that could change.
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
Joe, if you get the time, give us some personal insight on your Tesla in the "Similar Vehicles" section.
We have at least one member with a deposit on a Model 3.

I'm sure any input you could give about your baby would be appreciated.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.