Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just reserved a solo
Wow! Brian's post really got you guys FIRED-UP. COOL
Appreciation for that remark Chris and apologies all around.
This discussion would probably have been better served on a different thread.
Keep in mind is that it's all speculation based on history, personal experience and limited information.

.jpg   solocrystalball.jpg (Size: 6.23 KB / Downloads: 61)
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
I got my order in yesterday and will receive number 756 off the line. I have been waiting on the Elio (All-In at $1,000.00) for a long time and their chances of producing the Elio are very slim right now so I jumped boat on the Elio for the Solo. In my case 99.99% of my driving is around 40 miles or less when I drive somewhere. The solo is perfect for me. There is also a Maryland rebate of $100.00 per Kill-a-Watt of the battery. I am getting old and want to experience driving in a center mount driving position before cashing in my chips. Don't get me wrong, the first that goes into production gets my business since I think they are both great ideas.

Hi Everyone,
My name is Jayne and I live in Maryland. Yesterday after looking into what going on with Elio motors I decided to move on and get in line for the Solo. I am now number 756 off the line. With any luck the Spring of 2019 is going to be exciting for me. Hope to learn more about the Solo in the coming months from the company and you folks.
[+] 1 user Likes Jayne's post
(12-29-2017, 10:02 AM)Jayne Wrote: ...In my case 99.99% of my driving is around 40 miles or less when I drive somewhere. The solo is perfect for me. There is also a Maryland rebate of $100.00 per Kill-a-Watt of the battery. I am getting old and want to experience driving in a center mount driving position before cashing in my chips. Don't get me wrong, the first that goes into production gets my business since I think they are both great ideas...

Congratulations on a good choice. While the Elio may have some advantages it also has the disadvantages of ICE maintenance, heat, noise, and pollution. That quickly overcomes the lower purchase price (which is illusory if they never actually sell/make any...).

They both are good ideas in being close to ideal for the single-occupant commuter but I like the extra storage space of Solo since I will travel around hunting, gathering, shopping, etc. and could use the space. Electricity is so cheap here that I don't need a subsidy on the battery. Solo is a great deal for me. I'm spending several $thousand per annum keeping my SUV in operation now. I need Solo to cut my costs of operation. I'm trying to persuade my wife to make us a two-Solo family instead of one gas-guzzler and one power-sipper. I'm the guy who has to get the maintenance done...
My blog is an eclectic list of rants and commentary about things for which I care. See MrPogson.com It's been around a decade...
(12-29-2017, 10:02 AM)Jayne Wrote: I got my order in yesterday and will receive number 756 off the line. I have been waiting on the Elio (All-In at $1,000.00) for a long time and their chances of producing the Elio are very slim right now so I jumped boat on the Elio for the Solo. In my case 99.99% of my driving is around 40 miles or less when I drive somewhere. The solo is perfect for me. There is also a Maryland rebate of $100.00 per Kill-a-Watt of the battery. I am getting old and want to experience driving in a center mount driving position before cashing in my chips. Don't get me wrong, the first that goes into production gets my business since I think they are both great ideas.

Hi Everyone,
  My name is Jayne and I live in Maryland. Yesterday after looking into what going on with Elio motors I decided to move on and get in line for the Solo. I am now number 756 off the line. With any luck the Spring of 2019 is going to be exciting for me. Hope to learn more about the Solo in the coming months from the company and you folks.

Welcome Jayne! Glad to have you as a member. Thanks for the heads up on the Maryland incentive.
Make yourself at home and be sure to put your pin on our user-driven Solo enthusiast/reservation holder map.
http://soloowners.net/usermap.php

--Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.