Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Drives Today! 07-15
Click to play videos...

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
Cool! It's not as much fun as being there but I'll take one.

Isn't that red colour delicious? It's like a ripe apple or a pretty rose or ... all the while being with zero emissions, quiet and responsive.
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
I like red, but there is red hot and then there is...............white hot #166.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(07-16-2017, 12:00 PM)Rickb Wrote: I like red, but there is red hot and then there is...............white hot #166.

White reflects a lot of light. White hot emits light. Red is a signal for multiple species that danger or excitement approaches. It might just keep  me awake while driving...

It could be just my personal thing. I value/respect any bird that visits my yard but I worship iridescent humming birds and tree swallows and bright yellow finches. I loved a house down the street that dared to be purple. To my horror, the current sane/respectable owners painted it black... I just can't explain it but I value bright colours. If we are going to have colour at all why go gently with it? I was at a wedding party last night. The music was too loud for conversation so I retired to a quiet corner and watched the younger generation dance. All the men seemed to have "standard" hair-dos of various lengths. The women were more diverse but one had a shoulder-length mane of golden hair. There were a few blondes in the room but none had hair like this. It shone and sparkled. You could easily spot it anywhere in the room. I appreciate such things. Bright colours seem to make the world a better place.
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
What I saw watching the videos was SOLOs being test driven and what I heard was one of the EMV hosts say is, "Did you have fun?"

What I didn't see or hear is test driver non-verbal or verbal responses to the experience. Jerry compared driving the Solo to a Disney ride so I expected to see ear to ear grins and hear responses like, "OMG this is/was so much fun!"
White Hot Solo #166
(07-17-2017, 01:02 PM)Rickb Wrote: What I saw watching the videos was SOLOs being test driven and what I heard was one of the EMV hosts say is, "Did you have fun?"
The answer was "yes" but a further response was too deep in the noise for me. It needed a proper interview in a place out of the wind.

I cleaned up my audio a bit and heard the guy in the red car reply "awesome". The lady in the silver car answered "yes, very ...". I think the third word could have been "awesome" as well. Is that how Vancouverians talk?
[+] 2 users Like pogson's post
It looked like a fun, low-key event. I've done a fair number of motorcycle test rides, and while all were enjoyable enough, only a few were really worthy of the "fun" designation. Taking a BMW K1600GT up to 130mph behind the host group leader was Fun, but most of the rides were very controlled. Considering the skill levels of many of the test-riders, that was a good thing.

The Solo demo was in a closed parking lot course, so it was like an ice-cream tasting with wooden spoons. More than enough to decide if you are still interested, but probably not enough to write a check for the full amount and take one home today.

And that is what it was supposed to be. Keep the faithful interested, bring in a bit more interest. They are in a delicate situation, and their approach seems logical and business-like.

Enough rambling. I did think that it was interesting that the seat belt appears to be over the right shoulder. It makes sense, with the Sparrow / right door origins, but I don't remember noticing it before.
I'm done.
(07-17-2017, 03:35 PM)flying_solo Wrote: it was interesting that the seat belt appears to be over the right shoulder

What do they have in the "racing" version? I think because of the lack of air-bags it would be a good option to have a "five point" seat-belt for consumers. The "over one shoulder" kind is decent for frontal collisions but the big concerns are collisions from other directions or rolling after a collision.