Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age Poll Comments
(07-04-2017, 06:29 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Please help us determine the age demographics of our small slice of the Solo market by anonymously indicating your age above.

Wow! It seems seniors are close to being a majority here. I wonder if EMV has the right target. I wonder if the younger commuters are interested in Solo but not talking about it online...

It's a small sample to base any hypothesis but I'd say wisdom does come with age.
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
(07-04-2017, 06:29 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Please help us determine the age demographics of our small slice of the Solo market by anonymously indicating your age above.

And please share a graphic link to us by using the social media tabs on our home page.

Thanks! --Dale

Excellent, Dale. Will be very interesting to watch!
[+] 1 user Likes Qubit's post
(07-05-2017, 04:31 PM)pogson Wrote:

Wow! It seems seniors are close to being a majority here. I wonder if EMV has the right target. I wonder if the younger commuters are interested in Solo but not talking about it online...

It's a small sample to base any hypothesis but I'd say wisdom does come with age.
Retirees and Seniors are the only demographic that has enough time on their hands to follow and post on the various vehicle forums. I still buy your assertion that "wisdom does come with age".
White Hot Solo #166
(07-05-2017, 07:48 PM)Rickb Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 04:31 PM)pogson Wrote:

Retirees and Seniors are the only demographic that has enough time on their hands to follow and post on the various vehicle forums. I still buy your assertion that "wisdom does come with age".

I never look at the Solo and think "What a perfect car for an old fart".

But if I consider various age ranges (from my POV):

20-30... Social creatures that don't seem to do much of anything by themselves.
My 30 year old daughter travels long distances by herself a lot, but is very social so she sometimes needs to carry passengers around home.

30-50... Already have 2 cars for 2 jobs and also need to carry kids. Into prestige and don't mind seeing 27 more cars like theirs at Applebee's.

50-70-ish... 1 or the other at/nearing retirement, kids grown. Can envision getting by with 1 multi-seat car and 1 additional, fun vehicle for quick trips. Even better for some if the 2nd car is cheap to buy and maintain.

I'm sure there are other reasons and points of view. But, maybe Solo IS an old fart's car.

[Image: Mikebike_signature.png]

Jerry said when driving around Vancouver he gets thumbs up and questions from all age groups. The perfect urban commuter vehicle to supplement the family car for those still working, the smart & fun old fart retirees like US, and everybody in between. The younger demographic simply needs to see the SOLO on the roadways or in a local SOLO Store. I'm hoping one of the new three wheeler startups is able to validate market acceptance soon.
White Hot Solo #166
I'm moving the discussion part of the Age Demographics Poll to this new sub-forum and thread.
Previously, when you clicked on the "Last Post" link for a Poll, there was no indication that you had to scroll up to view the poll.

I've looked for a better way around this, but it seems that as good as this forum program is, it still has it's limitations.
I've included a link to this thread in the one post that still has to be connected to the poll in order for it to exist.

I'm doing this with all the polls in the poll sub-forum.
It may prove to be a bit awkward at first, but I think it may work for us.
The main objective is to make it easier to navigate to the polls themselves, and hopefully enable more participation.

The actual Age Demographics Poll is at: http://soloowners.net/showthread.php?tid=668
And you can reach the directory for the entire poll sub-forum at: http://soloowners.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=32

Thanks!

--Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.