Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Options Poll Comments
I consider it a positive that the manufacturer is interested in discussion with people having interest and little time or patience for those that don't.

We should appreciate that fact as we watch the milestone progress to production. The key milestone event for me will be the announcement of a test drive schedule so I can validate my continued interest or move on.
White Hot Solo #166
I eagerly look forward to the time when I can make create another forum category called "Upgrades and mods". [Image: becky.gif]
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
I'm looking forward to the time when Soloowners Forum members are actual Solo Owners and the upgrades and mods aren't so cool that I'm compelled to sell the Solo Collector Signature Series Edition and trade up.
White Hot Solo #166
(02-15-2017, 06:51 PM)Rickb Wrote: I'm looking forward to the time when Soloowners Forum members are actual Solo Owners and the upgrades and mods aren't so cool that I'm compelled to sell the Solo Collector Signature Series Edition and trade up.

Well... Actually having the vehicles is kind of what I meant.

I've always regarded upgrades and mods as being things done to existing vehicles.
Either provided by EMV and their dealers or by DIY.

I think It'll be interesting to see how some owners customize their Solos.
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
I don't know if this would be possible. A trailer with a generator to charge the Solo on long trips. With room for a suitcase or two.
[+] 2 users Like Graeme's post
Keep the suggestions for options coming.
A some point, I'll take many of the suggestions...
And make a second poll so you won't have to re-vote.

After we've taken a reasonable amount of time to vote in poll #2...
I'll merge the two while keeping all the voting information for both intact.

Some of you have mentioned additional options to me but have not posted them here.
Please refresh my memory by posting them so I can include them in the new poll.

Thanks!

--Dale
placeholder
(02-24-2017, 07:39 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Keep the suggestions for options coming.
A some point, I'll take many of the suggestions...
And make a second poll so you won't have to re-vote.

After we've taken a reasonable amount of time to vote in poll #2...
I'll merge the two while keeping all the voting information for both intact.

Some of you have mentioned additional options to me but have not posted them here.
Please refresh my memory by posting them so I can include them in the new poll.

Thanks!

--Dale

To reiterate-
During my meet 'n greet with Mark West before the test drive, Mark had a printout of my order.
He noted that I hadn't opted for heated seats and announced that heated seats are now standard equipment.
Good news for folks expecting to pay extra for that.

While I don't need them where I am (Seattle area) or where I eventually will be (Las Vegas), it means I have a source of power in the cockpit I can tap for something else. Since I've decided I don't need a rear-view camera, I'm not sure what that would be.
Come to think of it, the required 'hoodlights' are another power source.  Tongue

[Image: Mikebike_signature.png]

(02-14-2017, 08:18 PM)SparkE Wrote: Personally, having "EVSE options" is pure nonsense *in that* you can just go out and buy them off-the-shelf. Should a dealer have recommendations and/or some on stock? Sure! But as an ordering option?!!? Evan as an order option, it's pretty simple to add (a few clicks on the web buying interface) ...

If EMV, or any other vehicle dealer, has options and add-ons available at the time of purchase, a buyer might have the opportunity to include them in the total financing of the vehicle. That was common at the Harley dealership where I worked until 'The Great Recession' around 2009 when many banks started restricting loans to the vehicle cost only.
Before that happened, a purchaser could buy a $15k Harley and another $5k in helmets, leathers and installed accessories and finance the whole thing.

It only makes sense for a dealer (or manufacturer) to have a profit center that offers accessories, logo items, etc.
In the case of an electric vehicle, an EVSE is a natural- just like hats. pens and key FOBs.

The trade-off is that dealer prices are usually higher than Amazon and interest adds further cost.

[Image: Mikebike_signature.png]

(07-12-2017, 09:48 AM)Qubit Wrote: In the case of an electric vehicle, an EVSE is a natural- just like hats. pens and key FOBs.s are

Amen. EMV and others have lots of choices what to do about EVSE. They can:
  • include one with every vehicle just as some do spares, jacks, tools...
  • sell them at reduced prices to increase competition in the market for EVSE
  • sell them at full retail price as a profit-centre
  • go all out selling EVSE to stimulate demand for EVs
Homes often have 120V outlets Solo can use but it's away from home where more EVSE would be useful. When I have my Solo, I will do more  business with businesses that provide charging.

Solo, thanks to a small battery and high efficiency is better for consumers in that they don't need an expensive installation. I plan on both installing EVSE with solar power and carrying a corded EVSE but I plan on doing more longer drives than most commuters. I will consider my charging system part of the capital cost of driving electrically.