Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Options Poll Comments
(02-13-2017, 04:08 PM)flying_solo Wrote: Loved the last two posts!  Maybe Rat-Leather seat covers should be added to the option list.

Only offered on post-apocalyptic Solos.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
When you care enough to give the very best:  
Rat's Rear™ Premium Leather seating*.  

*Limited to purchasers who have been waiting for at least 10 years for a fun, affordable production three-wheeler.
I'm done.
We've updated the poll!
And you can add to (or rather re-do) your votes(s)...
At the top of the Poll just underneath the title, you'll see this...

Poll: What Solo Accessory Options Would You Order if Available?
You have already voted in this poll. [Undo vote]

click on the "Undo vote" link and have at it all over again!
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Personally, having "EVSE options" is pure nonsense *in that* you can just go out and buy them off-the-shelf. Should a dealer have recommendations and/or some on stock? Sure! But as an ordering option?!!? Evan as an order option, it's pretty simple to add (a few clicks on the web buying interface) ...

On the other hand, I did NOT click "Sunroof/Moonroof" option as I haven't driven a Solo yet. If the airflow through the vehicle is good (which I can't know until I drive one), then I wouldn't get one - I'd rather have better integrity/solidity in the body/chassis. If driving it is like being in an oven, I'd either NOT buy a Solo, or get the sunroof option (probably the former, if truth be told).
(02-14-2017, 08:18 PM)SparkE Wrote: Personally, having "EVSE options" is pure nonsense *in that* you can just go out and buy them off-the-shelf. Should a dealer have recommendations and/or some on stock? Sure! But as an ordering option?!!? Evan as an order option, it's pretty simple to add (a few clicks on the web buying interface) ...

On the other hand, I did NOT click "Sunroof/Moonroof" option as I haven't driven a Solo yet. If the airflow through the vehicle is good (which I can't know until I drive one), then I wouldn't get one - I'd rather have better integrity/solidity in the body/chassis. If driving it is like being in an oven, I'd either NOT buy a Solo, or get the sunroof option (probably the former, if truth be told).

Hey SparkE, agree with you.  The purpose of the Solo Accessory Options Poll is 1) Stimulate discussion about the possible Solo options that EMV could/should offer, 2)  Stimulate ideas and discussion with EMV to consider multiple options for the Solo, 3) Guage EMV offerings against enthusiast requests,  4) Compare and contrast offerings of other manufacturers against EMV.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
[+] 1 user Likes Janet6196's post
Janet let me know that the [Undo vote] link under the Poll Title wasn't working.
It should work now. It's located at the top of the Poll and looks like this...

Poll: What Solo Accessory Options Would You Order if Available?
You have already voted in this poll. [Undo vote]

Thanks Janet!
(02-14-2017, 08:18 PM)SparkE Wrote: Personally, having "EVSE options" is pure nonsense *in that* you can just go out and buy them off-the-shelf. Should a dealer have recommendations and/or some on stock? Sure! But as an ordering option?!!? Evan as an order option, it's pretty simple to add (a few clicks on the web buying interface) ...

Agreed, in that it is pure nonsense to have a poll about options for a vehicle that is not in production, and does not even have finalized specs.  Disagreed, in that this is a possible indication of interest that might inform production choices.  Every option offered increases complexity and costs.  On the other hand, options offer a potential profit and satisfaction center for the company.  Choosing options and option packages wisely can affect a company's profitability significantly.

As to the EVSE options, there are many kinds of customers.  For an existing EV owner who has a multi-port 220V EVSE permanently installed in their garage, there isn't much reason to buy a combo or 220v portable from EMV.  Many countries only have 220v, so a 110v EVSE would be useless for them.  Personally, since I don't have an EV or an EVSE already, I'd rather have the option to buy a combo unit only, rather than have a 110v come with the vehicle and have to buy another one to be able to charge at 220v.  This poll, on a very small sample, simple shows what interests this small group might have.

As a consumer, it's nice to have factory support of options, assuming the prices are in line.  For example, I might pay 10-20% more for the same product from the factory than I would from the aftermarket, but I wouldn't pay 50% more.  That is generally true for most buyers, but their cutoff percentages may vary greatly.
I'm done.
[+] 2 users Like flying_solo's post
My personal interest in the Solo is determined by the current Signature Series Solo's specs and options.  
The Solo Commuter EV will be primarily used for short trips and a long list of options may not be a requirement for most future owners of this vehicle segment.  With that said, if the Solo is well received by the driving public, the walls of the Solo Stores may be lined with EMV factory options to individually customize the Solo.  

I prefer factory installed options or options & accessories items that would be purchased and installed by a certified EMV Solo Sales and Service Dealership.  My luxury option package budget allowance will be spent on my primary ride, not the supplemental Solo fun ride.
White Hot Solo #166
Just change another $1000 for ABS, AC and Regeneration and be done with it. It will then been a modern, safe, enjoyable ride in any location.
(02-15-2017, 02:29 PM)flying_solo Wrote:

Agreed, in that it is pure nonsense to have a poll about options for a vehicle that is not in production, and does not even have finalized specs.  Disagreed, in that this is a possible indication of interest that might inform production choices.  Every option offered increases complexity and costs.  On the other hand, options offer a potential profit and satisfaction center for the company.  Choosing options and option packages wisely can affect a company's profitability significantly.

As to the EVSE options, there are many kinds of customers.  For an existing EV owner who has a multi-port 220V EVSE permanently installed in their garage, there isn't much reason to buy a combo or 220v portable from EMV.  Many countries only have 220v, so a 110v EVSE would be useless for them.  Personally, since I don't have an EV or an EVSE already, I'd rather have the option to buy a combo unit only, rather than have a 110v come with the vehicle and have to buy another one to be able to charge at 220v.  This poll, on a very small sample, simple shows what interests this small group might have.

As a consumer, it's nice to have factory support of options, assuming the prices are in line.  For example, I might pay 10-20% more for the same product from the factory than I would from the aftermarket, but I wouldn't pay 50% more.  That is generally true for most buyers, but their cutoff percentages may vary greatly.

SparkE and Flying...opinions are like belly buttons we all have one so I dont shoot messengers.  Discussion about possible options for the Solo Alpha's produced after #10 is healthy as is discussion with the manufacturer and not "nonsense" as we are all interested or sitting on the fence about purchasing an affordable fun EV.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
[+] 3 users Like Janet6196's post