Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance Poll Comments
(10-31-2016, 06:06 PM)flying_solo Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 04:58 PM)STEPHENSOLO Wrote: Okay, my S10 was making a grinding noise in gear when I would depress the accelerator pedal. Took it to my mechanic - turns out my rear u-joint has gone bad. Angry No U-joints on the SOLO!  Rolleyes I still don't believe I'll be replacing one set of problems (ICE vehicles) for another set of problems (PEV vehicle)....

Even expensive cars can have issues.  Consumer Reports does not recommend Tesla's. 
http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/tesl...rformance/

Lots of issues with vehicles are not based on them having an electric or gasoline power train.

Just a few examples: 
Suspension
Tires
NVH (squeaks, rattles, wind noise, etc may be even more noticeable in an EV)
A/C, heat, ventilation
Interior - seats, insulation, carpeting, instrumentation, entertainment systems, etc
Paint, glass, body panels - fit & quality
Lighting
Brakes (entire system, not just pad wear rate)

The fact is that modern (ie late-model) gasoline-powered vehicles are quite efficient, quite clean, quite reliable, and are low-maintenance and cost-effective.

EV's are offering only minor incremental improvements, at a quite high initial purchase price, as well as increased pollution in the manufacture of some/many components.  "EV" is not a magic talisman eliminating the need for all repairs and maintenance.

There are good reasons to stick with ICE, just as there are good reasons to go with EV.  I'm like a broken record in my belief that the free market, without government rewards and penalties, would yield the optimal solution for the transportation needs of the world.

I like what I see so far with the Solo, but ElectraMeccanica will have to offer a "best use of $15K" argument to attract a large number of purchasers.  And reduced maintenance costs will likely be part of that argument.

If you did take the time to read the entire article from Consumer Reports, They (Consumer Reports) may not put Tesla on it's 'recommend' list, but over 97% of Tesla owners would buy a Tesla again. To me, that speaks volumes.
2015 Nissan Leaf owner/lover
(10-31-2016, 07:09 PM)STEPHENSOLO Wrote: If you did take the time to read the entire article from Consumer Reports, They (Consumer Reports) may not put Tesla on it's 'recommend' list, but over 97% of Tesla owners would buy a Tesla again. To me, that speaks volumes.

That sounds impressive.  I did not click on every link on the page.  Could you post the link to the 97% satisfaction rating?
I'm done.
(10-31-2016, 08:10 PM)flying_solo Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 07:09 PM)STEPHENSOLO Wrote: If you did take the time to read the entire article from Consumer Reports, They (Consumer Reports) may not put Tesla on it's 'recommend' list, but over 97% of Tesla owners would buy a Tesla again. To me, that speaks volumes.

That sounds impressive.  I did not click on every link on the page.  Could you post the link to the 97% satisfaction rating?
It's in the ermbedded video - near the end.
The primary reason the Tesla was bumped out of Consumer Reports favor was because Elon Musk put to much new technology into the Model X.

Customers obviously like the vehicle, which is key for marketing and repeat sales. It seems the 300,000 Tesla Model 3 pre-reservations speaks to others liking the Tesla Brand as well.
White Hot Solo #166
It didn't seem to hurt him when it came to getting reservations for the Model 3.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
*A thermostat* Or radiator hoses!
>>>>>>>>>> Not on the Solo<<<<<<<<<<<<<