Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMV's Latest Video

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
It's a great ar - it's a world car. Countries are banning internal combustion engines right and left. But the government has to pay us. WTF?!!?

You have a product that you say is wanted world-wide, and Canada is at fault because they haven't given you money?!!?

<Edited by Admin. Name calling is not allowed.>
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
(07-01-2017, 01:25 AM)SparkE Wrote: It's a great ar - it's a world car. Countries are banning internal combustion engines right and left. But the government has to pay us. WTF?!!?

You have a product that you say is wanted world-wide, and Canada is at fault because they haven't given you money?!!?

Many countries are accepting cutting CO2 production is an important national goal to reduce global warming. There are a number of levers governments can choose to promote EVs as a means to cutting CO2 production: taxing fossil fuel, education, subsidizing wind/solar projects, charging stations and EVs themselves. Suggesting that Canada could help promote/produce Solo is legitimate. Building Solos in Canada could also benefit the economy. It's not just about money but the best use of money to accomplish an end. As a taxpayer, I'd be quite happy if Canada or BC invested in Solo EVs and any other EVs folks wanted to make in Canada. As we've seen, it's not a huge investment required for EMV but the benefits would be huge.

Politically, some see government meddling in any industry as a bad thing but governments have invested a lot in roads, electrical utilities, communication, standardization, healthcare... all for a good reason. Businesses and individuals can't do it all. EMV can struggle along and get Solo to market but competition will flood in and adjust to swamp them if there isn't continued expansion. Some of that competition will be subsidized by foreign governments. There is a risk that competition from ICEd vehicles could be subsidized to stifle EVs in general and Solo in particular. There are risks in governments helping EMV and risks in not helping. In a democracy, we should let our politicians know what we think so they can be prompted to make the right decision for Canada. Have you talked to your representatives in government? Go ahead. Send them an e-mail or three.
(07-01-2017, 06:53 AM)pogson Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 01:25 AM)SparkE Wrote: It's a great ar - it's a world car. Countries are banning internal combustion engines right and left. But the government has to pay us. WTF?!!?

Many countries are accepting cutting CO2 production is an important national goal to reduce global warming. There are a number of levers governments can choose to promote EVs as a means to cutting CO2 production: taxing fossil fuel, education, subsidizing wind/solar projects, charging stations and EVs themselves. Suggesting that Canada could help promote/produce Solo is legitimate. Building Solos in Canada could also benefit the economy. It's not just about money but the best use of money to accomplish an end. As a taxpayer, I'd be quite happy if Canada or BC invested in Solo EVs and any other EVs folks wanted to make in Canada. As we've seen, it's not a huge investment required for EMV but the benefits would be huge.

Politically, some see government meddling in any industry as a bad thing but governments have invested a lot in roads, electrical utilities, communication, standardization, healthcare... all for a good reason. Businesses and individuals can't do it all. EMV can struggle along and get Solo to market but competition will flood in and adjust to swamp them if there isn't continued expansion. Some of that competition will be subsidized by foreign governments. There is a risk that competition from ICEd vehicles could be subsidized to stifle EVs in general and Solo in particular. There are risks in governments helping EMV and risks in not helping. In a democracy, we should let our politicians know what we think so they can be prompted to make the right decision for Canada. Have you talked to your representatives in government? Go ahead. Send them an e-mail or three.
I wouldn't worry so much if I were you.  You've already assured us that EMV is going to make $10k profit per $15k vehicle.  The Solo will be so easy to build that an old man can build it single-handed in a day, and they can fully outfit a production line for $100k.  With a business model like that, the competition will be swept away without any need for any governmental subsidies.

I'll try not to comment too much on the CO2 / global warming hoax.  Plants (ie food) thrives on CO2.  It's hard to underestand why some governments are trying to starve the children by reducing life-giving, food-growing carbon dioxide.
I'm done.
(07-01-2017, 04:51 PM)flying_solo Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 06:53 AM)pogson Wrote:

I wouldn't worry so much if I were you.  You've already assured us that EMV is going to make $10k profit per $15k vehicle.  The Solo will be so easy to build that an old man can build it single-handed in a day, and they can fully outfit a production line for $100k.  With a business model like that, the competition will be swept away without any need for any governmental subsidies.

I'll try not to comment too much on the CO2 / global warming hoax.  Plants (ie food) thrives on CO2.  It's hard to underestand why some governments are trying to starve the children by reducing life-giving, food-growing carbon dioxide.

I'm compelled to side with science on CO2/ and global warming issues.  I believe that some governments are trying to starve the children and elderly, but rather by cutting food stamp programs, meals on wheels, and school lunch programs.  Needless to say it doesn't impact EMV's bottom line because the children are to young to drive and the old are to old to drive or can't afford to GoSOLO.
White Hot Solo #166
(07-01-2017, 05:46 PM)Rickb Wrote: I'm compelled to side with science on CO2/ and global warming issues.  I believe that some governments are trying to starve the children and elderly, but rather by cutting food stamp programs, meals on wheels, and school lunch programs.  Needless to say it doesn't impact EMV's bottom line because the children are to young to drive and the old are to old to drive or can't afford to GoSOLO.

LOL. Good one Rick.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(07-01-2017, 05:46 PM)Rickb Wrote: the old are to old to drive or can't afford to GoSOLO.

Well, I'm between a rock and a hard place on that. I need EMV to get it together before I can no longer use the Solo "transporter". I can afford it but I can't spend the money after I'm dead without some legalese in the will. I'd rather cut the lawyers out of the deal.
[+] 2 users Like pogson's post
Gents, maybe Sondors will learn from the mistakes (missteps/learning) of EM &EMV and bring us an EV to market without blaming a government for no funding their adventures for the betterment of mankind. Please think about our veterans and American freedom during the 4th of July holiday festivities.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver