Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June CEO Report
(07-01-2017, 10:43 AM)ram Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 09:30 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 07:34 PM)SparkE Wrote: Or, once the vehicle is finalized (which it isn't yet, as it doesn't have ABS, or A/C, or regen braking - yet - all promised) and has passed certification in both the U.S. and Canada, components/major assemblies can be mass produced in China, mostly assembled in China and sent - dozens per shipping container - as 3-6 "modular pieces" for final assembly in Canada (or any of several factories in North America, if they wanted to).

Attaching wheels, drive belt, composite body, engine to one another really isn't rocket science. The bodies can be printed/extruded in N.A., for that matter. A monthly shipment of 250 or 500 'mostly assembled' Solos to Vancouver for final assembly would not be that difficult. If they can sell 250/month (and they really should be able to) they can make a heck of a lot of money. But they need to finalize the damn product and start building them!

Why do people continue to insist on saying that the Solo does not have regen?
HI dale 

may be still doubts about the regen because emv has not shared range numbers in at different speeds on a  highway and numbers in city, and whether solo can be driven in one pedal mode http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1109...ectric-car

dale

if you have the info please post it ,

I don't have the specific stats you asked for ram, but Jerry has definitely said that the Solo has mild regen several times. It's in at least one the one of the podcast recordings.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Regarding mass production and keeping cost and profits maximized.  Jerry stated a Chinese Motorcycle manufacturer partnership and has made a few trips to China.  I recall Chinese pre-orders in the 20-30,000 range and there have been a couple of China test drive videos posted.  I assume mass production of parts in China may be underway, with parts and various Solo sub-assemblies shipped to Canada for final assembly.  Even though EMV needs to expand into a larger Canadian assembly facility, they aren't necessarily waiting to scale worldwide production of the SOLO and SOLO parts.  Perhaps a question for the Jerry Kroll LIVE Event Monday night.  Smile
White Hot Solo #166
(07-01-2017, 03:58 PM)Rickb Wrote: Regarding mass production and keeping cost and profits maximized.  Jerry stated a Chinese Motorcycle manufacturer partnership and has made a few trips to China.  I recall Chinese pre-orders in the 20-30,000 range and there have been a couple of China test drive videos posted.  I assume mass production of parts in China may be underway, with parts and various Solo sub-assemblies shipped to Canada for final assembly.  Even though EMV needs to expand into a larger Canadian assembly facility, they aren't necessarily waiting to scale worldwide production of the SOLO and SOLO parts.  Perhaps a question for the Jerry Kroll LIVE Event Monday night.  Smile

I think it's significant that the Chinese connection has not been mentioned by EMV for months. I'd say it's probably more accurate at this point to say "Potential Partnership".
And... I don't recall those ever being described as actual established pre-orders. As I remember, they were described as being the numbers being discussed from "expressed interest".
And again, not many people, including the business-minded Chinese, are willing to spend several million to gear up for someone who has not even ordered in mass quantity yet .

Agree that this would be a good question for Monday night.
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(07-01-2017, 05:29 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 03:58 PM)Rickb Wrote: Regarding mass production and keeping cost and profits maximized.  Jerry stated a Chinese Motorcycle manufacturer partnership and has made a few trips to China.  I recall Chinese pre-orders in the 20-30,000 range and there have been a couple of China test drive videos posted.  I assume mass production of parts in China may be underway, with parts and various Solo sub-assemblies shipped to Canada for final assembly.  Even though EMV needs to expand into a larger Canadian assembly facility, they aren't necessarily waiting to scale worldwide production of the SOLO and SOLO parts.  Perhaps a question for the Jerry Kroll LIVE Event Monday night.  Smile

I think it's significant that the Chinese connection has not been mentioned by EMV for months. I'd say it's probably more accurate at this point to say "Potential Partnership".
And... I don't recall those ever being described as actual established pre-orders. As I remember, they were described as being the numbers being discussed from "expressed interest".
And again, not many people, including the business-minded Chinese, are willing to spend several million to gear up for someone who has not even ordered in mass quantity yet .

Agree that this would be a good question for Monday night.
Having seen the video of the SOLO being driven and tested by a group of techy looking money guys in China leads to speculating that a Chinese manufacturer that produces a million motorcycles per year to include Harley's, and believes that the Solo EV is the ideal vehicle for China's urban centers might be the proven mass market appeal logic behind their willingness to partner and invest.  Obviously, it's tooling existing manufacturing space for a new motorcycle product line.  Also, Jerry mentioned that they are starting to receive pre-assembled SOLO component sub assemblies to speed up EMV's Canadian assembly process that may be shipped from China..........or not. Smile
White Hot Solo #166
(07-01-2017, 02:50 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 10:43 AM)ram Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 09:30 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 07:34 PM)SparkE Wrote: Or, once the vehicle is finalized (which it isn't yet, as it doesn't have ABS, or A/C, or regen braking - yet - all promised) and has passed certification in both the U.S. and Canada, components/major assemblies can be mass produced in China, mostly assembled in China and sent - dozens per shipping container - as 3-6 "modular pieces" for final assembly in Canada (or any of several factories in North America, if they wanted to).

Attaching wheels, drive belt, composite body, engine to one another really isn't rocket science. The bodies can be printed/extruded in N.A., for that matter. A monthly shipment of 250 or 500 'mostly assembled' Solos to Vancouver for final assembly would not be that difficult. If they can sell 250/month (and they really should be able to) they can make a heck of a lot of money. But they need to finalize the damn product and start building them!

Why do people continue to insist on saying that the Solo does not have regen?
HI dale 

may be still doubts about the regen because emv has not shared range numbers in at different speeds on a  highway and numbers in city, and whether solo can be driven in one pedal mode http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1109...ectric-car

dale

if you have the info please post it ,

I don't have the specific stats you asked for ram, but Jerry has definitely said that the Solo has mild regen several times. It's in at least one the one of the podcast recordings.

Hi Dale ,

I understand that jerry kroll has said there is regen, he has said so many things which are kind of kind of difficult to believe,  coming to regen, if there is any regen, no matter which vehicle it is range cannot be same on highway and in the city, they keep saying range is 160 km, we all know some earlier nissan leafs had problems in arizona,  he does not have to send whole lot of money in getting this like tesla is doing: 
Why is a Model 3 (left-hand-drive) in New Zealand? Our guess is that it will be hitting the roads for winter/snow testing soon. In the southern hemisphere, New Zealand is the place to go for testing during the U.S. summer months: http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-new-zealand/

we know that solo was brought down to san diego for cnet test drive video, if they planned  and they could have taken it down to aarizona and tested 

and yet another simple way would have been to post pictures like these 

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=292e5deda3&view=fimg&th=15cffd6...2880-h1678] 

that is picture of my vehicle info from this morning, my wife drives it to gym, we live in a hilly area, u could see the time distance, speed and electricity consumption, this data is from this morning alone

this photo gives you data about average 5.7miles/kwh over 1955.4 miles since my last service in may, most of this is my daily commute to work and occasional weekend use by my wife to gym

jerry could take a picture of similar or planned trips, he just simply post a picture of recent drive, i am sure there is a highway in vancouver where he could drive 10 or twenty miles at a stretch late in the night or very early in the morning at 50 or 70mph and post the picture 

a picture is worth thousand words 

i understand different people have different driving styles which could lead to different energy consumption driving the same drive, but most people still believe in averages,  thats why we have miles per gallon, that doesn't mean every one gets same number, ymmv right ,  do you think its unreasonable to ask for this info, which could be provided without much effort or cost, btw read this link 
https://chargedevs.com/features/fleetcar...r-ev-data/

fyi, fleetcarma is a canadian company
(07-01-2017, 06:44 PM)ram Wrote: Hi Dale ,

I understand that jerry kroll has said there is regen, he has said so many things which are kind of kind of difficult to believe,  coming to regen, if there is any regen, no matter which vehicle it is range cannot be same on highway and in the city, they keep saying range is 160 km, we all know some earlier nissan leafs had problems in arizona,  he does not have to send whole lot of money in getting this like tesla is doing: 
Why is a Model 3 (left-hand-drive) in New Zealand? Our guess is that it will be hitting the roads for winter/snow testing soon. In the southern hemisphere, New Zealand is the place to go for testing during the U.S. summer months: http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-new-zealand/

we know that solo was brought down to san diego for cnet test drive video, if they planned  and they could have taken it down to aarizona and tested 

that is picture of my vehicle info from this morning, my wife drives it to gym, we live in a hilly area, u could see the time distance, speed and electricity consumption, this data is from this morning alone

this photo gives you data about average 5.7miles/kwh over 1955.4 miles since my last service in may, most of this is my daily commute to work and occasional weekend use by my wife to gym

jerry could take a picture of similar or planned trips, he just simply post a picture of recent drive, i am sure there is a highway in vancouver where he could drive 10 or twenty miles at a stretch late in the night or very early in the morning at 50 or 70mph and post the picture 

i understand different people have different driving styles which could lead to different energy consumption driving the same drive, but most people still believe in averages,  thats why we have miles per gallon, that doesn't mean every one gets same number, ymmv right ,  do you think its unreasonable to ask for this info, which could be provided without much effort or cost, btw read this link 

Yep. All good questions. And the only one with the answers that I know of is the guy that will be in front of the camera Monday night. [Image: becky.gif]
(07-01-2017, 07:42 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 06:44 PM)ram Wrote: Hi Dale ,

Yep. All good questions. And the only one with the answers that I know of is the guy that will be in front of the camera Monday night. [Image: becky.gif]
hi dale 

in the last post i did add two pictures i can't see them did they get uploaded, or do i have to repost
(07-01-2017, 09:15 PM)ram Wrote: hi dale 

in the last post i did add two pictures i can't see them did they get uploaded, or do i have to repost

Looked into it and sent you a PM ram.
Hi Dale ,

I understand that jerry kroll has said there is regen, he has said so many things which are kind of kind of difficult to believe, coming to regen, if there is any regen, no matter which vehicle it is range cannot be same on highway and in the city, they keep saying range is 160 km, we all know some earlier nissan leafs had problems in arizona, he does not have to send whole lot of money in getting this like tesla is doing:
Why is a Model 3 (left-hand-drive) in New Zealand? Our guess is that it will be hitting the roads for winter/snow testing soon. In the southern hemisphere, New Zealand is the place to go for testing during the U.S. summer months: http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-new-zealand/

we know that solo was brought down to san diego for cnet test drive video, if they planned and they could have taken it down to aarizona and tested

and yet another simple way would have been to post pictures like these

first picture of my vehicle info from this morning, my wife drives it to gym, we live in a hilly area, u could see the time distance, speed and electricity consumption, this data is from this morning alone

second photo gives you data about average 5.7miles/kwh over 1955.4 miles since my last service in may, most of this is my daily commute to work and occasional weekend use by my wife to gym

a picture is worth thousand words

i understand different people have different driving styles which could lead to different energy consumption driving the same drive, but most people still believe in averages, thats why we have miles per gallon, that doesn't mean every one gets same number, ymmv right , do you think its unreasonable to ask for this info, which could be provided without much effort or cost, btw read this link

[Image: DSC_0162.jpg]

photo upload sites free

[Image: DSC_0163.jpg]

free unlimited image hosting

hi dale

i reposted with pictures in the bottom, both pictures are taken this morning, first one is todays use and its relevant data, and the second one is average of 1955 miles showing an average of 5.7 miles/kwh

on most work commutes i use only 55 to 70% of the battery depending on the weather, on friday i used 60%, my commute is 65 to 70 miles depending on the traffic on different route options i have, i use waze app on the phone

even though i3 is rated for 80miles i still had 40% battery left after driving 70miles, i drive as fast as the traffic permits each way could take an hour to two hours

this is my experience, thats why i have been asking from the beginning what is the data/info at various speeds and conditions
It seems there will be plenty of testing and test data available from a variety of locations and driving conditions at various speeds after the early adopter reservationist 1000 Signature Series hit the road. I will be tracking and logging my Solo driving experiences and willing to share.
White Hot Solo #166