Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo #1 Sold To Greens And Beans, Sighted In Vancouver
(06-24-2017, 11:59 AM)Rickb Wrote: My more likely scenario is one Signature Series Solo and one early production model SRK (2 seater) so my wife and I have the choice to travel together after 49 years of marriage. Smile

We've been married 35 years but she thinks she's still young, sells real estate and loves to shop endlessly. I know I'm old, am retired and stay around the house a lot and I like to avoid the city but visit fishing, hunting, and berry-picking spots. About the only time we drive together is for social occasions or rarely, shopping. She likes to drive and it terrifies me... She does not drive defensively... Sad  So, two Solos would likely work well for us. She still loves the smell of burning oil. I love electricity. When we compare bills she will be sold on Solo methinks.
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
From Jerry Kroll's Facebook page...
"Another catering order being delivered by Leona at Greens and Beans in her Solo!"

[Image: 19905350_10158946497635612_6393182616483...e=59F447AE]
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
I can imagine what the dash (and the back of the driver's head) would look like if the Solo had to suddenly brake when carrying food deliveries like that.
[+] 2 users Like SparkE's post
(07-19-2017, 01:54 PM)SparkE Wrote: I can imagine what the dash (and the back of the driver's head) would look like if the Solo had to suddenly brake when carrying food deliveries like that.

Lots of vehicles come with tie-down locations and offer cargo nets.  Personally, I bought the cargo net with my current car, but very seldom use it.  The aftermarket has a number of inexpensive cargo net options as well.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
Yeah - but they aren't using it. (tie down, net, a box, whatever). Not a knock on the car, a knock on the thoughtless idiot driving it. Why didn't they put it in the front (frunk) instead of where they put it?
(07-20-2017, 07:51 PM)SparkE Wrote: Yeah - but they aren't using it. (tie down, net, a box, whatever). Not a knock on the car, a knock on the thoughtless idiot driving it. Why didn't they put it in the front (frunk) instead of where they put it?

Perhaps Leona just set the food items in the rear cargo compartment to give us some sense of available cargo space and didn't make a real delivery. I see Leona as smart and thoughtfull.  She is driving the first production Solo.  Maybe the containers are velcroed in place. Smile
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
Looks like 8 more chassis's arrived   Smile  keep the Solos coming EMV    Big Grin  maby I'll get my Solo before summer is over..... Keeping my fingers crossed.. lol
[+] 3 users Like Manfred Sieg's post
(07-22-2017, 01:10 AM)Manfred Sieg Wrote: Looks like 8 more chassis's arrived   Smile  keep the Solos coming EMV    Big Grin  maby I'll get my Solo before summer is over..... Keeping my fingers crossed.. lol
I bet you will be driving Red Solo Lucky #13 by Fall!  We expect a full review of your driving experience. Smile
White Hot Solo #166
(07-22-2017, 01:10 AM)Manfred Sieg Wrote: Looks like 8 more chassis's arrived   Smile  keep the Solos coming EMV    Big Grin  maby I'll get my Solo before summer is over..... Keeping my fingers crossed.. lol

Well, that's not exactly the kind of ramping-up I'd like to see but it's progress. I think there will be enough revenue from Solos delivered to keep EMV supplied with parts if not new labour. It's how a small business grows.

I've done some business with China. The real efficiency in freight over the ocean comes when you ship filled containers... How many chassis, motors, batteries, lights,... can one fit in a 20 or 40 foot container? I hope we find out one day but it's probably a lot more than 8. I look forward to the day when EMV can build several Solos every day. That's what success looks like. The potential for Solo is huge if even a fraction of solo commuters buys one. EMV could eventually be making dozens every day and still have a queue of reservations.

While I am still far back in the queue compared to #13, I'm hoping to be first to own two Solos if I can convince my wife to ditch the present gas-guzzler. 90% of her trips are done solo and most of the trips with passengers are with a single grand child so the kids could take care of that. That leaves a tiny fraction of her trips with large items for shopping. The cost of operating the SUV is much greater than the cost of delivery for such goods per annum. She knows that but, in her heart, she still loves the SUV. It's going to take a Solo in my driveway to convince her to buy a second Solo. Go EMV! Heart Go Solo! Heart
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
It's not the revenues generated from selling a few SOLO units that is going to ramp production or cover daily business expenses.  EMV is looking for and will secure venture capital investor funding to ramp production when they feel comfortable to ramp production.  I think they are wise to get a 100 + Pilot SOLOs out to reservationists for daily use road testing with feedback before scaling production.  I am anxiously waiting for the first Solo Store opening and the official introduction of the SOLO to the USA market.  With all the ride and drive PR events and positive media coverage the 1000 Signature Series SOLOs should sell out rather quickly providing there is serious market interest in a solo commuter EV and public acceptance is still a big question mark for all the new three wheeler startups.
White Hot Solo #166