Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo #1 Sold To Greens And Beans, Sighted In Vancouver
(06-18-2017, 11:44 AM)pogson Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 09:56 AM)Qubit Wrote: While perusing Google search results for "ev motor", I found one that looks to be similar to the motor shown in EM's photos:

Good find! Quoting the page on ebay:

"Features regenerative braking and idle function as well." and it has a 2-year warranty. I like that.

I doubt there's any gear-reduction going on in there, so the whine must just be from the belt. I can drive slowly and go easy on acceleration... That will give higher efficiency too.

See http://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_in...cts_id=172

This product has been around awhile so it's not an unknown. I like reliable propulsion. Check out the torque v RPM curve. It's almost flat to 4500 RPM! Flat out, it's about 86% efficient and at about 2000 RPM where I might run, it's 91% efficient! Eat your hearts out, gas-guzzlers!

I would hope that EMV would be interested in achieving the quietest Solo ride possible...
But, I'm not ruling out finding a way to install additional cabin dampening by we DIY types if necessary.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Today's blog entry on EMV shows in video the happy day when the Greens got their Solo. It's a few minutes of life where one doesn't know whether to smile, laugh or cry. It's a roller-coaster of emotion for me. The video shows the "signature plate", affixing the official BC plates, and the couple taking turns driving their green Solo.

Good show, EMV. Keep those Solos rolling out of there.
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post

The blog is at: https://electrameccanica.com/category/blog/
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
The ultimate production smilestone.  A very proud moment for the EMV Team.

Green for go SOLO #001.
White Hot Solo #166
Congrats to EMV on the first retail delivery!

The dark green looks nice, and should enhance the collectible factor down the road.

It appears that the ground clearance spec we discussed previously is still the same. This unit is still quite low to the ground, much less that the 5" discussed.

It also has the original "tail-dragger" rear end, rather than the more upwardly curved tail (around the rear wheel) that was subsequently shown.

It's still a long road ahead, but this was a major accomplishment.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
Actually it doesn't have the tail-dragger rear end. Take a look at the video @ 1:46.
(06-23-2017, 07:08 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Actually it doesn't have the tail-dragger rear end. Take a look at the video @ 1:46.

You are correct.   Blush
I'm done.
So the 1st Solo is finally delivered Smile Congratulations !!
The dark green color looks great. I wonder if we can have our Solo's in different colors too.? Mind you i still like my Red Solo #13
(06-24-2017, 01:31 AM)Manfred Sieg Wrote: So the 1st Solo is finally delivered Smile Congratulations !!
The dark green color looks great. I wonder if we can have our Solo's in different colors too.? Mind you i still like my Red Solo #13

I still think for many of us having multiple Solos is feasible. If two have to go to multiple different locations, why not go in two vehicles costing half as much to buy and 1/5 as much to operate? This also solves the problem of liking two different colours and having to choose only one...  Smile Another benefit is that one could drive black to work and red for fun while the black is recharging.

Unfortunately, I can only afford one this year. If my wife loves mine, she could decide to trade in the SUV and buy another. If I had to buy two Solos, I'd pick red and red and distinguish them by their plates. She can pick any colour she wants.
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
If your wife likes your SOLO........... better hide the keys.  

I will leave my #166 Signature Series Collector Edition SOLO stock Meccanica.  The second one would become a blank palette that might change with custom color wraps and after market accessories over time for show at the SOLO Clubs of America Events. 

My more likely scenario is one Signature Series Solo and one early production model SRK (2 seater) so my wife and I have the choice to travel together after 49 years of marriage. Smile  

I have been looking forward to a successful enclosed three wheeler hitting the market for 10+ years and now it appears that I will have the opportunity to start a collection.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post