Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kroll Live on FB 05-15!
OK folks.
The recording is up on EMV's FB.
The sound is slightly better than it was live.

As far as the original live version...
The mic on the webcam crackled and went to almost nothing at around 10 minutes into the feed.

If you had powered speakers on your 'puter...
You should have been able to get the gain you needed.

Those without powered speakers could barely hear anything even when the webcam was moved closer to Jerry.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
(05-16-2017, 08:45 PM)STEPHENSOLO Wrote: Wait a sec....This guy can't even hook up a mic....and I should spend $ to purchase a vehicle from HIM? Seriously? NO MORE EXCUSES! Good luck to all of you on your reservations. I'm happily driving my Nissan Leaf!
Stephen, Glad to hear your having a good experience with the Leaf.  

Keep in mind Jerry isn't selling sound systems.  The Solo will hit the market sooner or later and when we have the opportunity to test drive one, we may both like it.  No need to be so critical of the new startup, they are moving forward at a respectable pace doing the necessary testing and making modifications along the way that should yield a better first production run to limit potential recall issues. 

I'm hoping to join you in driving an EV soon.  Solo, SRK, or Tesla.  No more gas!
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(05-17-2017, 03:03 AM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:

I liked what I heard. A company that started out small and is growing bigger, rather than like Elio who started big and is now broke. I like going from a small production facility to a larger and going from 10 a month to 100. I also like knowing the rear tire is an easy change, but mostly I like Jerry talking about how hot Virginia is in the summer! Guess what almost all of the U.S. is hot in the summer. The A/C is critical. I will be awaiting the show The Dragon's Den. Hope to hear more good news.
[+] 3 users Like Chris's post
Chris, I not only like what you HEAR, I like what I SEE. I'm waiting to FEEL some cool air blasting out the AC vents, experience the new car SMELL, TOUCH of the steering wheel, and the occasional sip/TASTE of coffee from the insulated mug in the cup holder while driving SOLO #166.
White Hot Solo #166
(05-17-2017, 11:42 AM)Rickb Wrote: Chris, I not only like what you HEAR,   I like what I SEE.  I'm waiting to FEEL some cool air blasting out the AC vents,  experience the new car SMELL,  TOUCH of the steering wheel, and the occasional sip/TASTE of coffee from the insulated mug in the cup holder while driving SOLO #166.

Right there with ya buddy! Super excited with every piece of news. This is why I wake up each day.
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Though I'm no longer a prospective Solo purchaser, I still check on the progress from time to time.

It was good to see some video of the Solo in traffic / on the highway.

It was good to hear that at least one production Solo is supposed to be delivered in Canada this month.

It was good to have some indications that progress is being made.

If was funny to hear/see Jerry talk about in-car video as though it existed, and if not, that it would exist soon due to enthusiasts' suggestions. We've only been suggesting it for well over 6 months.

It was funny, almost hilarious, to hear him talk about regen so matter-of-factly. He has gone from no regen because it was essentially useless, to mild regen, to standard regen, to regen being such an integral part of all EV's that it's a ridiculous question to even ask.

It was sad, though expected by me, to hear that production through 2017 will be extremely limited.

It was sad, though not unexpected, that U.S. deliveries will not happen / are not expected before 2018.

In spite of the delays, the twists and turns, and the spin, it still looks as though there is a reasonable chance that the Solo will get produced and make it to the U.S.A..
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
As a reservation holder, I experienced no sadness, but rather a certain amount of respect for Jerry taking the time for questions and being in front of the camera.  Throughout the R&D process and actual track and daily road testing things change on both the vehicle and the Teams view on what becomes important specifications in the production model SOLO.  

Apparently those changes are why you are no longer a prospective SOLO purchaser.  However, you apparently still have a small measure of interest in the SOLO, SOYOU may flip flop a second time and buy one after a test drive experience.

The test drive is what will determine whether or not I follow through with my reservation when the opportunity arises.

After following the Elio and the SRK for a decade, I'm pleasantly surprised the SOLO has progressed to the point it has after 1 - 2 years of R & D.
White Hot Solo #166
(05-18-2017, 04:08 PM)Rickb Wrote: As a reservation holder, I experienced no sadness, but rather a certain amount of respect for Jerry taking the time for questions and being in front of the camera.  Throughout the R&D process and actual track and daily road testing things change on both the vehicle and the Teams view on what becomes important specifications in the production model SOLO.  

Apparently those changes are why you are no longer a prospective SOLO purchaser.  However, you apparently still have a small measure of interest in the SOLO, SOYOU may flip flop a second time and buy one after a test drive experience.

The test drive is what will determine whether or not I follow through with my reservation when the opportunity arises.

After following the Elio and the SRK for a decade, I'm pleasantly surprised the SOLO has progressed to the point it has after 1 - 2 years of R & D.

Rick, I continue to admire your patience and enthusiasm.  My interest in the progress of the Solo towards production (or bankruptcy) is not accompanied by any desire to purchase.  There are lots of reasons why I will not buy a Solo, but you are correct that the spec changes are at least a minor part of that decision.  

Having said that, I really hope the vehicle is produced.  Mostly for the industry, and for the many people, like you, who have wanted to see a quality, affordable, production tadpole trike on the market for many years.  

I hope you get your trike.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
flying_solo, thanks.  However, I am neither patient or enthusiastic, but somewhat hopeful. Smile  If it happens it happens.  Deliveries  appear to be closer to happening than with any other startup over the past decade. The reality is I may not like the SOLO after my test drive experience.
White Hot Solo #166