Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solo Factory tour
The latest email from EM is an invite to tour the New Westminster factory on Wednesday April 19th between 5 and 7pm.   Is anyone on the mainland going???   I am on the island and work the next morning so I am out.  It would be GREAT if someone could shoot some video/ take some photos if they are able to go.
[+] 2 users Like Jamaf's post
Thanks Jamaf for posting this.
I've been busy. I'm surprised that no-one posted the email.
I've seen it posted elsewhere but not here.

.jpg   solofactory1.jpg (Size: 258.68 KB / Downloads: 94)

.jpg   solofactory2.jpg (Size: 155.75 KB / Downloads: 93)
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
Looks like a real deal assembly line!  Perhaps those Production SOLOs will be rolling out sometime in May.

The Red looks so hot, I may have to reconsider my original #166 White Hot color choice.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
So is anyone going??
https://www.facebook.com/EMVsolo/videos/...022782131/

EM Solo FB live production line tour
[+] 5 users Like Jamaf's post
Jamaf, thanks for posting the link!

I noticed the Red Solo with the center hood headlight setting on one of the stands.  It was likely the Solo sent for USA compliance testing.  I'd like to hear the long overdue news that the SOLO is officially compliance certified.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
(04-16-2017, 02:39 PM)Rickb Wrote: I may have to reconsider my original #166 White Hot color choice.

I'd like to order two, mine in Red and The Little Woman's in White. She's not there yet, but I'm really beginning to hate our gas-guzzler...

Yes, it looks like they are ready to crank out ~1 a day with that system. I was surprised to see them soldering together battery modules. I would have thought such modules would be standard parts by now.
[+] 1 user Likes pogson's post
(04-20-2017, 02:34 PM)pogson Wrote: I was surprised to see them soldering together battery modules. I would have thought such modules would be standard parts by now.

Probably not available in the proprietary configuration required by the the Solo design.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.