Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kroll to Host Chat 04-03
Jerry Kroll is set to host our Monday night live video conference chat at 9:00pm EDT on 04-03.

1. Join the online meeting with your browser:
   Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/soloowners.net
   Online Meeting ID: soloowners.net

Browser Instructions:
To join the online meeting, click on the meeting link listed above and follow the prompts to join the meeting.
For 24/7 customer service please call 844-844-1322

2. Dial into the conference:
   Dial-in Number: (712) 451-0293 - United States
   Access Code: 337440
   International Dial-in Numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/...ernational

Dial-in Instructions:
At the scheduled date and time of the meeting, dial into the conference line.
When prompted, enter the Access Code followed by the pound key.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
I never did get the audio to work. Reloaded the page, tried two different browsers. I hope someone can post the video with audio or a transcript.

From the chat I got only a hint of what was discussed.
(04-03-2017, 10:11 PM)pogson Wrote: I never did get the audio to work. Reloaded the page, tried two different browsers. I hope someone can post the video with audio or a transcript.

I also never heard what was said and the video only worked sporadically. Hoping for a condensed re-cap also.
Hi dale
thanks for your efforts in organizing this,

do you remember where this came no regen, wasn't it from emv, today jerry did a total 180, can this guy be believed , from reading best battery in the world is new battery from tesla, even that has lower performance in cold weather , if the vehicle has regen when you drive in the city it should give you more than 100 miles , these two things he is not straight forward on he is selling a lot sounds like snake oil to me

in my opinion he just trying sell the vehicles with what he thinks is his charm, he has lots of catching up to do

here is an interesting article about one pedal driving
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1109...ectric-car
Just curious. Any solid info from the chat? Specs? Certifications? Test drives? Delivery dates? Chinese production status?
I'm done.
driving assistance technology articles
http://www.govtech.com/transportation/Dr...icles.html
https://www.lifewire.com/advanced-driver...ems-534859
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2485278,00.asp

he is saying may but no compliance testing not completed yet, vehicles cannot be registered yet, about vehicles per month

lots of fluff, did a total 180 on regen, now says regen is standard, ,
says 100 miles whether you drive on highway or city
cold weather doesn't affect solos battery and etc,

don't know what to believe
[quote pid='2895' dateline='1491272827']
do you remember where this came no regen, wasn't it from emv, today jerry did a total 180, can this guy  be believed
[/quote]

I do believe he meant that the "post-Signature" series vehicles will have regen, not that the vehicles we will be getting will have it. Though it wasn't made explicitly clear... He also said that all electric vehicles have regeneration by design, then in the same breath said regen is unnecessary and can make the driver feel sick. I may have misunderstood what he was saying but that's what I got. A lot of contradictory statements about regen.
sorry about two vehicles per month until it is ramped up, few dozen delivered this year, so may fifty by the end of this yr , don't know who is going buy one if you can't register
(04-03-2017, 10:11 PM)pogson Wrote: I never did get the audio to work. Reloaded the page, tried two different browsers. I hope someone can post the video with audio or a transcript.

I'm sorry Robert.
I even had some problems at the beginning.
The program was telling me that I was the only one in the meeting...
When I was actually looking at the list of people who were already in there with me.

I put the old Windows Vista Home desktop through it's paces all day today and it's exhausted. That might have been part of the issue in the beginning of the meeting..
I'm giving some very serious thought to doing a fresh install of Win 10 Pro. I've got all my files backed up, but I'm still afraid of losing things and functionality.

I didn't record because Jerry and I had not discussed whether he wanted to be recorded or not.

Some points that he discussed were...

He said that there actually is mild regen already built into the system via the controller.
That co-insides with what Sethodine said over at EO about almost all EV controllers already having regen built in now.

The Solo will do better than 130km (80.6mph). He said there is not a limiter on the system contrary to popular belief.

He said, in so many words, that the Solo has proven to have a range of between 160km and 200km (99.2mi to 124mi) in real life.

The carpeting and the seats will undergo further change.

It sounded like A/C will not be available on the first signature production vehicles but will be probably be available late this year.

Signature series production will start out slow. Jerry hopes to have a hundred or so cars being owned and driven by customers this year.
The production curve is going to depend, as I understand it, on dealing with any issues that may, or may not, arise, and fine tuning the vehicle.

Jerry said that EMV is working on autonomous drive and that he would like to see a completely autonomous vehicle being tested by the end of this year.

U.S. compliance is almost done. There was some kind of miscommunication that resulted in modifications and re-tests. Canada and Europe are next.

More videos from EMV to come -  including things like a demo of rear tire maintenance methods and 0-60mph recorded with an inside mounted go-pro.

Adaptive cruise control does not seem to be an option that will be available anytime in the for-see-able future. Heated seats may make it into the signatures.

The red and black CAD "rendering" of the Tofino is the final design and is actually CNC machine ready.

That's all I can really remember at the moment, but I'll depend on other members to jog my memory if there's anything else.

I've handed the 1st Monday of the month conferences over to Jerry and his crew. Less parts involved, less to go wrong.
They may even use facebook live. Tonight was the first time I had any problem with FreeConferenceCall on my side of the screen.
I'll still use it for my business conferences as I'll need the ability to have a number of people on A/V at the same time..

But I'll still hold Monday member text chats here at the site if anyone want to drop by. Same time... 9pm EDT / 6pm PST.

And Zalf, sorry man, I just spotted your post. Yeah, I saw you logging in and out and figured you were having issues.

Thanks Robert and everyone.

--Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(04-03-2017, 10:27 PM)ram Wrote: today jerry did a total 180, can this guy be believed

So negative! Jerry is the CEO, the visionary, the guru... He's not the chief engineer. Just as we don't expect Trump to get down into the weeds on detail, you should not expect Jerry to do that for a dozen people on the web.

EM is a tiny organisation. I want them to ship a car more than I want them to drown me in technical details (which I would love almost as much as I will love my Solo), and I want Jerry making the deals that make this happen. I'm going to buy the Solo no matter what negativity is out here and I will find out what it does. It's a commuter car, not the spaceship to Mars. It will certainly do what I need whether or not it has ABS, regen, or a rear-view mirror.

If these niggling details are showstoppers, please drop out so my number can come up sooner.  Smile I'm working on my wife to buy one as well. She doesn't know what ABS or regen are and with two side mirrors so far apart, rear-view is hardly needed.