Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW MODEL!
The Tofino Reveal...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/electra-me...00096.html

EMV said to tune in to Facebook live on their page at 6:00.

"Designed by a world-class development team, its good looks are matched by spirited and powerful performance.
The long range electric drive will take you wherever you want to go in exceptional comfort and style.
It's craftsmanship with nostalgic, yet evolutionary design.

The Tofino combines more than fifty years of classic car manufacturing expertise with the advanced, environmentally-friendly technology of the modern day.
With enough storage space for a weekend getaway, or cruising down the coast, the Electra Meccanica Tofino is the perfect choice for your next road trip, rain or shine.

Join us today at 6 P.M. PST at the Vancouver International Autoshow, or on Facebook Live for the official Tofino announcement...
by lead designer Henry Reisner and Electra Meccanica CEO Jerry Kroll.
"

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
The "New Model Reveal" counter at the top of the site page is now negative (-56 mins at this point) ...

Maybe it is time to remove it?

https://electrek.co/2017/03/28/electra-m...-roadster/

Electra Meccanica announces new all-electric roadster: 250 miles range and ~$37,000 starting price

At the Vancouver Auto Show today, Electra Meccanica, the electric division of the formerly Italian (now based in Canada) automaker InterMeccanica, has announced today a new all-electric roadster called Tofino.

The company claims that the vehicle will have a range of up to 400 km (250 miles) on a single charge and a starting price of $50,000 Canadian (~$37,000 USD).

It does look like an attempt to create the “Mazda Miata of electric vehicles”, which is not necessarily a bad approach.

Electra Meccanica is best known for the SOLO, a ~$15,500 all-electric 3-wheeler with 100 miles range, but InterMeccanica is best known for its trademark roadsters and the Tofino is presented as an evolution of that heritage.

The company describes the vehicle in a press release:

“The Tofino is equipped with a high-performance, all-electric motor with a top speed of 200 kph (125 mph) and a 0-100 kph (0-60 mph) in under 7 Seconds. The chassis and body are made of a lightweight aerospace-grade composite and the car is capable of up to 400 km (250 Miles) of range on a full charge. The roadster will be available in five stunning colors including Titanium Silver, Electric Red, Raven Black, Arctic White, and Bionic Bronze with a suggested retail price starting at $50,000* (~$37,000 USD). Estimated deliveries will begin by 2019 and interested individuals can make a $1,000* reservation for the Tofino at the show or on the website.”

They only shared a rendering of the vehicle.

Electra Meccanica also unveiled a performance version of the SOLO called SOLO R at the show.

Mark West, President of Electra Meccanica, said about the announcements:

“We are very proud to showcase our company, along with a couple of extremely exciting new vehicles at our hometown show. The passion behind these cars is a massive step-forward for our brand and they represent the best of what we can achieve from a performance standpoint. Vancouver Auto Show attendees and others around the world will not be disappointed.”

While we will have to wait at least two years to see the Tofino make it to market, the company claims that the first deliveries of the SOLO will start in May – or about a year late. The single-seater is not for everyone, but it is configured in a way that it could take advantage of EV incentives in certain regions and be priced reasonably.

For example, if it ends up getting the full credit in Ontario, it could cost only $6,000, but it’s unconfirmed at the moment.
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post
Thanks SparkE.
The live video of the Tofino is in 17 minutes!

http://electrameccanica.us11.list-manage...6dc3a6ff48

Click on the link to watch the live feed.

In the meantime, here's a teaser...

This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
HI ALL,

they create this hype, live at 6pm, 15min past, nothing going on, bad pr and management

I don't think these guys are not serious, looks like they come up with new ideas too soon, before the previous one has matured and executed, all FAKE NEWS

we probably get another response like couldn't login,
(03-28-2017, 09:16 PM)ram Wrote: HI ALL,

they create this hype, live at 6pm,  15min past, nothing going on, bad pr and management

I don't think these guys are not serious, looks like they come up with new ideas too soon, before the previous one has matured and executed, all FAKE NEWS

we probably get another response like couldn't login,

Yeah, I'm not getting anything either ram. 6:21PST now.
I messaged them at the FB page and emailed.
With everyone at the car show...
I don't expect a response. Sad

All I can say is stuff happens.

I was on a business video conference call with my team today...
And the mic on my webcam was the only one not working.
Tried everything. As soon as the conference was over...
I tried it on my FCC program, and it worked fine.
UNRELIABLE BIGLY
I find it rather amusing that they are announcing TWO new vehicles before they have shipped a single one of the (much delayed and much changed) SOLO. EMV seems to be learning from Elio motors ...
(03-28-2017, 07:56 PM)SparkE Wrote: The "New Model Reveal" counter at the top of the site page is now negative (-56 mins at this point) ...

Maybe it is time to remove it?

https://electrek.co/2017/03/28/electra-m...-roadster/

Electra Meccanica announces new all-electric roadster: 250 miles range and ~$37,000 starting price

At the Vancouver Auto Show today, Electra Meccanica, the electric division of the formerly Italian (now based in Canada) automaker InterMeccanica, has announced today a new all-electric roadster called Tofino.

The company claims that the vehicle will have a range of up to 400 km (250 miles) on a single charge and a starting price of $50,000 Canadian (~$37,000 USD).

It does look like an attempt to create the “Mazda Miata of electric vehicles”, which is not necessarily a bad approach.

Electra Meccanica is best known for the SOLO, a ~$15,500 all-electric 3-wheeler with 100 miles range, but InterMeccanica is best known for its trademark roadsters and the Tofino is presented as an evolution of that heritage.

The company describes the vehicle in a press release:

“The Tofino is equipped with a high-performance, all-electric motor with a top speed of 200 kph (125 mph) and a 0-100 kph (0-60 mph) in under 7 Seconds. The chassis and body are made of a lightweight aerospace-grade composite and the car is capable of up to 400 km (250 Miles) of range on a full charge. The roadster will be available in five stunning colors including Titanium Silver, Electric Red, Raven Black, Arctic White, and Bionic Bronze with a suggested retail price starting at $50,000* (~$37,000 USD). Estimated deliveries will begin by 2019 and interested individuals can make a $1,000* reservation for the Tofino at the show or on the website.”

They only shared a rendering of the vehicle.

Electra Meccanica also unveiled a performance version of the SOLO called SOLO R at the show.

Mark West, President of Electra Meccanica, said about the announcements:

“We are very proud to showcase our company, along with a couple of extremely exciting new vehicles at our hometown show. The passion behind these cars is a massive step-forward for our brand and they represent the best of what we can achieve from a performance standpoint. Vancouver Auto Show attendees and others around the world will not be disappointed.”

While we will have to wait at least two years to see the Tofino make it to market, the company claims that the first deliveries of the SOLO will start in May – or about a year late. The single-seater is not for everyone, but it is configured in a way that it could take advantage of EV incentives in certain regions and be priced reasonably.

For example, if it ends up getting the full credit in Ontario, it could cost only $6,000, but it’s unconfirmed at the moment.

I am liking the Tofino and at 37K minues 9500 tax credits, brings the cost to 27500, which is less than most Harleys and BMW motorcycles..
I am sure it will have air bags, abs and regeneration.
$1000 refundable deposit may be worth a chance, especially if the Solo does not meet my expectations..
The more I look at this rendering of the Tofino, the more I think it looks like a Qvale Mangusta... Eerily similar

[Image: IMG_0748.jpg]
(03-29-2017, 03:24 AM)SparkE Wrote: I find it rather amusing that they are announcing TWO new vehicles before they have shipped a single one of the (much delayed and much changed) SOLO. EMV seems to be learning from Elio motors ...

LOL, No comparison.
White Hot Solo #166