Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW MODEL!
OK, things are about to get real serious...

Solo Deliveries start in May. Company stock pending. Details next month.

Second store opening in Richmond BC in April. Twenty-three more to open in this year.

A brand new Electra Meccanica Model Prototype will be unveiled at the Vancouver Auto Show on or around the 28th.

Jerry Kroll: "I’m here to tell you that our development team has created a true dream machine."

http://electrameccanica.com/electra-mecc...eo-update/

http://electrameccanica.com/product/emv18/

Two models. In six months. Same company.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
In my opinion, it is not positive to advertise a second model, when you can not even buy the first
[+] 1 user Likes Lotus's post
Hope the new model is state of art with ABS and Regeneration! If the Solo does not come with these features, I may have to wait for the second generation.
[+] 1 user Likes Acentre's post
I agree with both Acentre and Lotos. I put my deposit down in September and have yet to even test drive a car. If the "Tofino" is a two seater or a better Solo I may wait. If you want my guess I would say it could be a motorcycle. Either way why spend the time developing a new car when you haven't delivered any of your first gen to your 500+ customers. Jerry Kroll likes to use Apple as an example when talking about the Solo. Well Apple wouldn't pre sell the iPhone 8 and then announced the 8+ after all the orders have been received
[+] 1 user Likes Jamaf's post
EMV has a development team that is developing vehicles.   They have a custom Build Team that is building and testing Solos, they have a Marketing Team that is marketing.  They have a manufacturing partner that is ready to manufacture.  They have actually started Solo test drive events. They have a business model that appears to be working with Signature Series deliveries officially starting in May.  

Jerry talks about Apple comparing the Computer to the phone......size matters.  Jerry also talks about EMV's business model similarities to Tesla Motors.  A car company generally has several Models on the drawing board..........the Tesla pickup for example......and they still have not delivered my Tesla Model 3.......damn that Elon Musk.

I can't complain about my relatively short wait since my Solo Reservation.  They start EMV in late 2015 and here it is 2 years later with vehicles about to be delivered.  I've been following the other three wheel startups (Arcimoto & Elio) .........9 years.  Go EMV!

(03-22-2017, 09:55 AM)Acentre Wrote: Hope the new model is state of art with ABS and Regeneration!  If the Solo does not come with these features, I may have to wait for the second generation.

My guess is that none of us will be able to afford the EMV TOFINO.  I envy you being young enough to wait for regen and ABS.  I'm to old to put the brakes on my anticipated Solo delivery. Smile
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
I am pretty sure the Solo is finished developed, and delivery will start within a few weeks. But they should concentrate on this and getting the details with brakes and regen finished, before spending any time developing a new model.
[+] 1 user Likes Lotus's post
My curiosity was killing me.  Here's a link to the history of the name Tofino (tuff city)  and the background on the little isolated city in B.C.   http://www.theheartoftofino.com/2010/10/...-city.html
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
[+] 1 user Likes Janet6196's post
(03-22-2017, 12:14 PM)Rickb Wrote: EMV has a development team that is developing vehicles.   They have a custom Build Team that is building and testing Solos, they have a Marketing Team that is marketing.  They have a manufacturing partner that is ready to manufacture.  They have actually started Solo test drive events. They have a business model that appears to be working with Signature Series deliveries officially starting in May.  

Jerry talks about Apple comparing the Computer to the phone......size matters.  Jerry also talks about EMV's business model similarities to Tesla Motors.  A car company generally has several Models on the drawing board..........the Tesla pickup for example......and they still have not delivered my Tesla Model 3.......damn that Elon Musk.

I can't complain about my relatively short wait since my Solo Reservation.  They start EMV in late 2015 and here it is 2 years later with vehicles about to be delivered.  I've been following the other three wheel startups (Arcimoto & Elio) .........9 years.  Go EMV!

(03-22-2017, 09:55 AM)Acentre Wrote: Hope the new model is state of art with ABS and Regeneration!  If the Solo does not come with these features, I may have to wait for the second generation.

My guess is that none of us will be able to afford the EMV TOFINO.  I envy you being young enough to wait for regen and ABS.  I'm to old to put the brakes on my anticipated Solo delivery. Smile

I am not that young, but I have drive electric vehicles long enough that, at least Regeneration is important to the driving experience. I will wait until my number is called to decide, by then the Tesla model three delivery schedule should be know, as well as the details about the Sonders EV three wheeler. So many choices!
[+] 2 users Like Acentre's post
Overall I'm pumped by the recent newsletter update. Delivery of the first production 2-door Signature Series Solo will be the ultimate milestone accomplishment along with the ribbon cutting of the first USA Solo Store.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(03-22-2017, 04:11 PM)Acentre Wrote: I am not that young, but I have drive electric vehicles long enough that, at least Regeneration is important to the driving experience. I will wait until my number is called to decide, by then the Tesla model three delivery schedule should be know, as well as the details about the Sonders EV three wheeler. So many choices!

BTW Acentre...
Launched another site.

http://sondorstalk.com

Y'all come. [Image: becky.gif]
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post