Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from WI
(02-23-2017, 04:41 PM)Rickb Wrote: The ride is more meaningful when you have personal time and effort involved with the build.  Edward, how many hours total to complete the build?  Nice workmanship!

Thanks Rick

It took from February 2013 to June 2014 to complete. Most of the time was thinking on how to make it bullet proof and better looking. I also wanted side cases for travel so that meant a front radiator. I also wanted ease of maintenance so that is how the quick release hood came about. Things just spring boarded from there with each new problem to solve until I ended up with what I have now.

All the carbon parts I made using cardboard, foam and packing tape with lots and lots of sanding in between so most was done with minimal tools as you can see in my blog.

The one part different between the Solo is on a beautiful moonlit summer night driving along the lake with nothing but wind blowing lightly over the top of your head. Priceless!!
The one feature I like about the 'convertible' SRK is open air for the perfect weather day or night riding and enclosure panels on for the not so nice days/nights.
White Hot Solo #166
(02-23-2017, 03:04 PM)edvb Wrote: Here is everything I have on my build.
Thanks Edward.

I haven't got a chance to check it all out yet, but what I have seen so far is just amazing.
It seems like the investment of time and money has paid off for you many times over.
That's a vehicle that anyone would be proud of. Much more so being the builder.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Thanks Dale

I still pinch myself sometimes on how it all came together during that year.

I think getting the Solo will be something like that.

Edward
[+] 2 users Like edvb's post