Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Wide Charging Map
I just added a link to ChargeMap, a world wide user driven charging station map to the resource library.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
That link seems to be very outdated (references "Coulomb Technologies" instead of its current name, "ChargePoint") and doesn't look very useful for me (very small list of valid chargers in the SF Bay Area).

PlugShare ( http://plugshare.com/ ) is a very good resource for the U.S., listing EVSEs from *many* different charge companies/networks.
(09-19-2016, 05:58 PM)SparkE Wrote: That link seems to be very outdated (references "Coulomb Technologies" instead of its current name, "ChargePoint") and doesn't look very useful for me (very small list of valid chargers in the SF Bay Area).

PlugShare ( http://plugshare.com/ ) is a very good resource for the U.S., listing EVSEs from *many* different charge companies/networks.

Now that you posted it, I do remember seeing Plugshare some time ago. Thanks SparkE, I'll replace the ChargePoint map with this one in the library.
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
I hope you meant "ChargeMap" and not "ChargePoint".
(09-20-2016, 02:30 AM)SparkE Wrote: I hope you meant "ChargeMap" and not "ChargePoint".
True that. Where did you see "Coulomb Technologies" and/or "ChargePoint" on the ChargeMap site?
I can't find those anywhere. Like I was trying to say, I'm replacing ChargeMap with PlugShare in the library.
Thanks again.
>> Where did you see "Coulomb Technologies" and/or "ChargePoint" on the ChargeMap site?

zoom the map to San Jose, CA - 50 miles south of San Francisco, at the bottom of the bay. (move the map, and use the ' + ' button). Zoom it enough such that the 'green radar circles' with numbers around San Jose turn into the individual blue squarish icons. Click on the southern-most blue icon (near/in Campbell). That is declared as "Columb Tech 4" (what ChargePoint was called 6-8 years ago) and has only ONE charge unit listed! (they actually have over 20).

Or just type in 'Campbell, CA' in the search field of the map.

But any map that shows less than 10 charge locations in the entire south bay is pretty useless. There are hundreds and hundreds of public charge stations in the south bay (probably well over 1000 by this point). Heck, just ChargePoint alone has over 500 (looking at their map) - and that isn't counting the 'non-networked' chargers (there are LOTS) or any of the other networks (EVgo, Blink, Aerovironment, Greenlots, ...).

PlugShare is so great because it lists so many network's charge points, AS WELL AS people who list their *home* (private) EVSEs as emergency "oh crap, I only have 3 miles left on my EV!!!" locations. There are over 10 homes listed just within a mile of my house! (and luckily I've never needed to use this feature).
[+] 1 user Likes SparkE's post