Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerry Kroll to Attend Chat 6 Feb for Q&A - IMPORTANT
I appreciate and thank Jenna and Mark for taking part in the chat room event. Perhaps Jerry didn't feel it mandatory to stop by since he responded to the 20 questions above. EMV was well represented by Jenna and Mark. Thanks Janet for initiating the chat and Dale for hosting. Hopefully, they stop by for future chats. I think they appreciate the reservationist support and felt welcome.

I hope to schedule time to attend the Vancouver Auto Show for a Solo test sit. The senior admission fee is certainly affordable. Smile
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(02-07-2017, 01:07 AM)Rickb Wrote: I appreciate and thank Jenna and Mark for taking part in the chat room event.  Perhaps Jerry didn't feel it mandatory to stop by since he responded to the 20 questions above.  EMV was well represented by Jenna and Mark.    Thanks Janet for initiating the chat and Dale for hosting.  Hopefully, they stop by for future chats.  I think they appreciate the reservationist support and felt welcome.  

I hope to schedule time to attend the Vancouver Auto Show for a Solo test sit.  The senior admission fee is certainly affordable. Smile

Jerry had trouble logging in but will be back. He made a number of tries and we didn't realize it for some time and so weren't able to assist.

Agree with thanks all around and Rick, you're welcome. Thank you for being there. Good to hear of your Vancouver plans.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
Interesting 20 questions, although I still felt several were very evasive. 11 and 17 were answered directly, and the rest were 'postponed' for the show announcement. The weasel wording bothers me, as in the question about the signature series owners as 'testing'. But I will wait and see, at this point, even for a free SIL, I am not going to move on anything. The weight/size issue still rankles me, obviously it will have a impact on range, and that didn't change. You cannot 'update' the specs and not update the range, and don't try to tell me they originally planned on "less than 1000 pounds" with that range, and now magically it is the same? Doesn't pass the smell test to me. Range is the most critical factor, and since range is affected by the heaters and A/C as well, this can become a make or break deal. Remember, in many areas of the country, 20 miles may take an hour or more to drive, especially in snow or heavy traffic, and with other electrical devices on (heat), you could be left sitting on the side of the road.
[+] 1 user Likes Hog's post
(02-07-2017, 10:10 AM)Hog Wrote: Interesting 20 questions, although I still felt several were very evasive. 11 and 17 were answered directly, and the rest were 'postponed' for the show announcement. The weasel wording bothers me, as in the question about the signature series owners as 'testing'.  But I will wait and see, at this point, even for a free SIL, I am not going to move on anything. The weight/size issue still rankles me, obviously it will have a impact on range, and that didn't change. You cannot 'update' the specs and not update the range, and don't try to tell me they originally planned on "less than 1000 pounds" with that range, and now magically it is the same? Doesn't pass the smell test to me. Range is the most critical factor, and since range is affected by the heaters and A/C as well, this can become a make or break deal. Remember, in many areas of the country, 20 miles may take an hour or more to drive, especially in snow or heavy traffic, and with other electrical devices on (heat), you could be left sitting on the side of the road.
Amen Hog...we are brand ambassadors if the EMV staff wants us to be or not if they cannot tell us the straight truth...I have an SIL #64 but I am now a fence sitter and unsure about the ability to promote a car with stats all over the map.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
I can't be a brand ambassador until I use the brand product and like it.   Only at that time can I recommend it.  

We are all Solo fence sitters with simple $250 refundable reservations.  Those lucky people that used there receipts from other vehicle reservations have a simpler $0 'refundable' reservation.  Like Jerry said if you don't love it, leave it...........well maybe he said he will personally refund your deposit.

If we don't like or believe EMV rep. answers, or assume specs and plans can't change until finalized, why invite them to chat?  I understood the chat to say the Signature Series Specs will be locked in on the Solo reveal at the Vancouver Auto Show.  If we like the final specs, have the opportunity to test drive and actually buy it.......that's when we make a decision to accept the brand.   

Note:  Arcimoto's philosophy is providing little info until they are more certain of specs or answers to avoid false expectations.  There seems to be a lot of false expectations regarding the Solo.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
Executive summary:
Jenna showed up and was polite and professional. From my point of view, she seemed to be acting in the role of a facilitator.
Mark West was also polite, professional, and responsive. Apparently not a car guy, he did address several marketing issues. They plan to roll out dealerships "Intro Stores" at the same time as the Signature Series. Mass production is dependent on how things go with the hand-built Signature Series. No solid dates.
Jerry K was quite late, and then unable to log in.
I'm done.
[+] 2 users Like flying_solo's post
Jerry was responsive and kind enough to spend time answering 20 questions.
White Hot Solo #166
(02-07-2017, 01:07 AM)Rickb Wrote: I appreciate and thank Jenna and Mark for taking part in the chat room event.  Perhaps Jerry didn't feel it mandatory to stop by since he responded to the 20 questions above.  EMV was well represented by Jenna and Mark.    Thanks Janet for initiating the chat and Dale for hosting.  Hopefully, they stop by for future chats.  I think they appreciate the reservationist support and felt welcome.  

I hope to schedule time to attend the Vancouver Auto Show for a Solo test sit.  The senior admission fee is certainly affordable. Smile

Rick,

I am looking at travel reservations to the attend the Vancouver Auto Show for a Solo test sit.  The specs are essential to determining whether the Solo fits our needs, and wants.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
[+] 2 users Like Janet6196's post
(02-07-2017, 01:40 PM)Janet6196 Wrote:

Rick,

I am looking at travel reservations to the attend the Vancouver Auto Show for a Solo test sit.  The specs are essential to determining whether the Solo fits our needs, and wants.
Janet, It would be ideal if EMV makes the decision to offer test drives at the VAS.  I recall Jenna mentioning the possibility.  However, I can make a personal decision with test sit. 

I'm within a 450 mile drive to Vancouver and would like to attend the VAS or may decide to wait on Chris' USA tour schedule.  There may be no rush based on the Solo #166 delivery schedule.
White Hot Solo #166
(02-07-2017, 01:38 PM)Rickb Wrote: Jerry was responsive and kind enough to spend time answering 20 questions.

Yes, responsive and kind enough to turn at least one Solo enthusiast (me) into a former Solo enthusiast.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post