Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerry Kroll to Attend Chat 6 Feb for Q&A - IMPORTANT
(02-03-2017, 05:14 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 02:24 PM)Janet6196 Wrote: Rick, any idea what the exact URL is for the chat and does Jerry need an account to access the chat..I wrote a private email to Dale but no reply yet. The EMV or person has not heard from Dale. Thanks

Hi Janet!
I'm not used to anyone sending me anything at the admin@soloowners.net contact addy.

I finally saw the excitement and had a duh! moment before digging up the emails.
Jenna seemed to think we were all on board for our regular start time of 9:00pm EST Monday night.
Either 9 or 10 is fine. I'll have the chat open at 9:00pm and urge all members to come then in case Jerry's there.

I did email Jenna back to confirm and clarify.
Here's the email...

Hi Jenna.
Dale LeBarron from Soloowners.net here.
I'm pleased to hear that Jerry Kroll and/or Chris plan to attend our Monday night live member chat on our site.
The live chat windows should be visible to members at the top of every page on our site, http://soloowners.net as soon as they log in to the site.
I'll be opening the chat up at our regular time of 9:00pm EST (6:00 Pacific) on Monday February 6th. 2017.
Jerry has been a member for some time now and I see that he has posted about seeing us on Monday.

We appreciate EMV's efforts to be available to their customers and fans and look forward to Monday evening.
I believe that several of EMV's staff and associates are members here and I want to extend the invitation to everyone at Electra Meccanica.
I thank you, Jerry, Chris, Janet and everyone involved for this opportunity and for everything you do for EMV and it's customers every day.
Please contact me if that time is not convenient for everyone or if you have any questions at any time.

Yours truly,
Dale LeBarron

Fantastic work Janet. Thanks. See you Monday night @ 9:00EST.
For everyone's convenience, here's a handy EST clock... https://time.is/EST
Dale,

For my UMUC Masters and adjunct faculty classes, I utilize FreeConferenceCalling.com for group meetings as voice calls seem to add an another dimension to the conferences.  The conferences can be recorded for off-line listening if desired.  I suggest this concept as some folks are not typists and the use of chats that require keyboarding can be a challenge.

I would be happy to reserve a number with FreeConferenceCalling.com to accompany our Monday chats if we can get general consensus.  Janet
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
[+] 2 users Like Janet6196's post
I won't be able to make I tonight but have a question for Jerry .
Since the door is on the left ( curb side ) can the door on the right be opened from the inside at least . This could be a safty issue if you end up in a ditch and can't open the door. Or is there at least the option to have it as a working door.

Red Solo #13
(02-06-2017, 08:51 AM)Janet6196 Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 05:14 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 02:24 PM)Janet6196 Wrote: Rick, any idea what the exact URL is for the chat and does Jerry need an account to access the chat..I wrote a private email to Dale but no reply yet. The EMV or person has not heard from Dale. Thanks

Hi Janet!
I'm not used to anyone sending me anything at the admin@soloowners.net contact addy.

I finally saw the excitement and had a duh! moment before digging up the emails.
Jenna seemed to think we were all on board for our regular start time of 9:00pm EST Monday night.
Either 9 or 10 is fine. I'll have the chat open at 9:00pm and urge all members to come then in case Jerry's there.

I did email Jenna back to confirm and clarify.
Here's the email...

Hi Jenna.
Dale LeBarron from Soloowners.net here.
I'm pleased to hear that Jerry Kroll and/or Chris plan to attend our Monday night live member chat on our site.
The live chat windows should be visible to members at the top of every page on our site, http://soloowners.net as soon as they log in to the site.
I'll be opening the chat up at our regular time of 9:00pm EST (6:00 Pacific) on Monday February 6th. 2017.
Jerry has been a member for some time now and I see that he has posted about seeing us on Monday.

We appreciate EMV's efforts to be available to their customers and fans and look forward to Monday evening.
I believe that several of EMV's staff and associates are members here and I want to extend the invitation to everyone at Electra Meccanica.
I thank you, Jerry, Chris, Janet and everyone involved for this opportunity and for everything you do for EMV and it's customers every day.
Please contact me if that time is not convenient for everyone or if you have any questions at any time.

Yours truly,
Dale LeBarron

Fantastic work Janet. Thanks. See you Monday night @ 9:00EST.
For everyone's convenience, here's a handy EST clock... https://time.is/EST
Dale,

For my UMUC Masters and adjunct faculty classes, I utilize FreeConferenceCalling.com for group meetings as voice calls seem to add an another dimension to the conferences.  The conferences can be recorded for off-line listening if desired.  I suggest this concept as some folks are not typists and the use of chats that require keyboarding can be a challenge.

I would be happy to reserve a number with FreeConferenceCalling.com to accompany our Monday chats if we can get general consensus.  Janet
Janet, that would be nice if possible Smile I live in Norway and don't plan to get up 4 o'clock in the morning to chat Smile
(02-06-2017, 02:10 PM)Manfred Sieg Wrote: I won't be able to make I tonight but have a question for Jerry   .
Since the door  is on the left ( curb side ) can the door on the right be opened  from the inside at least . This could be a safty issue if you end  up  in a ditch and can't open the door. Or is there at least the option to have it as a working door.

Red Solo #13

NP, I will ask Jerry.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
(02-06-2017, 02:10 PM)Manfred Sieg Wrote: I won't be able to make I tonight but have a question for Jerry   .
Since the door  is on the left ( curb side ) can the door on the right be opened  from the inside at least . This could be a safty issue if you end  up  in a ditch and can't open the door. Or is there at least the option to have it as a working door.

Red Solo #13
If you're inside and facing toward the front of the Solo, which is the standard reference for naming right and left sides of vehicles, the functional door is on the right.
We had asked that question a few months ago and were told that the left door will not be able to be opened from the outside (no handle) OR from the inside.
Several  of our members indicated that this was for North American compliance. EMV chose to make the right door functional to prevent occupants from stepping into traffic.
The compliance  reportedly had to do with the seat belt not being able to keep the occupant in the vehicle in the event that the left door came open at speed or in an accident.
With the configuration of the attachment points, the seat belt in theory will contain the occupant in the vehicle if the right door were to come open under those conditions.
We were told that until further notice this would continue to be the North American configuration and no option would be available for opening the left door.
The configuration will be reversed in models that will be sold in countries in which the curb side is opposite of the North American curb side.

Can the left door (North America) be owner modified? If I were EMV, I'd be hesitant to answer that due to possible liability concerns.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Keep in mind that many of these questions have been asked and some have been answered to some extent.
However, that was some time ago, and there is the possibility that EMV has more information on those subjects since then.
I'd like to suggest that our members view the various Q & A posts here before our chat tonight for reference and background...

They're all sticky threads and are at the top of the sub-forum list under "Important Threads"... http://www.soloowners.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(02-06-2017, 08:51 AM)Janet6196 Wrote: Dale,

I'll love to take you up on that in for future chats, if we can get general consensus as you say.
At this late date, I'd like to stick to the text chat that's been tried and true for tonight rather than trying something new.
For Lotus, Manfred, and any other member who would like it, I can compile a cliff notes version of the chat and PM it to any member who asks.

If anyone has trouble seeing or getting into the chat tonight, PM me in real time.
I don't anticipate any glitches, but I'll be there just in case.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
(02-06-2017, 05:17 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote: Keep in mind that many of these questions have been asked and some have been answered to some extent.
However, that was some time ago, and there is the possibility that EMV has more information on those subjects since then.
I'd like to suggest that our members view the various Q & A posts here before our chat tonight for reference and background...

They're all sticky threads and are at the top of the sub-forum list under "Important Threads"... http://www.soloowners.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6

It's that "to some extent" that has a number of us concerned.  So far, that extent has often been evasive, condescending, and of no practical value.  The hope is that tonight we will get some solid information.  After tonight, we should be able to get a much better glimpse as to where the company is headed.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
I’ve given my comments to your comments below as a starter!

Jerry Kroll

Quote:1. Deposit holders deep concern over recent SILENT changes to posted vehicle specs, including dimensions and weight after you put it on sale in Sept 2016, what changed between Sep 2016 and Jan 2017?

Nobody should have deep concern. If you do, take a deep breath and settle down. There is no silent conspiracy, as EMV is a company building cars, not the US government!... If you don’t totally LOVE the Solo you see at the time of delivery, I will personally refund your $250.00...

Quote:2. Is there any plan to add ABS brakes to the options list?

No. ABS will become standard equipment as soon as I can. As it stands, Solo is already one of the best braking cars on the planet... World class stopping power!!!

Quote:3. Battery Temperature management - Liquid or air cooled, plan for Pre-heat for colder climates, how long to replace batteries? Expected battery life, how was expectation tested/measured? Current replacement cost of battery packs. Expansion beyond 16KWH.

This is being put into a Solo brochure which will be released at the big Vancouver Auto Show coming up on March 28-April 2. We will have the specs, and several examples of the 2017 EMV Solo on full display. This is a VERY expensive and high profile event, so we are looking forward to the media interest at that time. It will be the most exciting thing we have ever done!

Quote:4. Is there both a base and upgraded charger available? What are the specs on any available chargers? Is a charger included in the vehicle base price?

Same thing at the March 28th Vancouver Auto Show. Details for the event at our website www.smallev.com

Quote:5. What are the details of the regen system? Is it adjustable? Is it in the design stage, undergoing tests, or fully tested?

Regen systems don’t really add much to the battery range... Its like plugging your car in for 5 seconds, right? We have been driving our system for over 2 years now, and it is a delight on the road. Everyone will be able to test drive a Solo WELL before they take delivery, so if you aren’t completely blown away by how amazing it is, I will personally hand you back your deposit of $250... Its a blast. Watch the videos on the website!!

Quote:6. Status of testing – What has been completed on full-bodies Solo prototypes?

This is a very vague question. All the Solos produced are pre-production and are wonderful to drive. Production Solos will be delivered soon to our first customers. Near Vancouver first.

Quote:7. What details of the scheduled testing program can be shared?

Anything that is done will be posted on our www.smallev.com website. Makes sense, right? US Compliance Certification should be finished first, probably during the first half of this year. Then Canada. Then other countries.

Quote:8. The status of compliance certification for vehicles for sale in the U.S.A? Canada?

See above.

Quote:9. Are the 1000 Alpha units full production models, or should the purchasers consider themselves to be part of the testing program?

The first 1,000 Production Solos are “Signature Series” and are wonderful full production cars that will likely be collector items. There is a signature plate installed in the car that is signed by the entire EMV team. No testing required by purchasers.

Quote:10. Has instrument performance testing taken place on full-bodied prototypes? Range in city traffic. Range at steady 55-, 60-, 65-, 70-, & 75-mph

Again this is a vague question. What kind of instrument performance are you asking about? What instrument? Solos are built to have a 160 km range in city or highway. Don’t be surprised if you go further. I’m comfortable with 160kms, which is 100 miles. The target market for Solo is NOT cross country driving, but rather the 85% of commuters who travel 30 kilometers or less by themselves each day. If you need to go further than 160 kms on a charge, you may need a different vehicle.

Quote:11. How many pre-production prototypes have been, and are planned to be built?

Pre-Production and Prototype are two different things. We are at the Pre-Production stage, and ten will be built. Number 7 is currently on the table being put together. This run should be completed within a couple months, and then production cars will be built for customers.

Quote:12. When will is the first production unit expected to be completed?

See above. The Vancouver Auto Show will have more details revealed!

Quote:13. At what point will a decision be made to move from hand assembly to mass production?

Slowly, and with an eye to ensuring that very high quality standards are fully maintained. Everyone wants a quality car, not something hastily built...
This will be announced at the Vancouver Autoshow, but you may see an announcement soon for our first two Solo Stores opening in Vancouver!

Quote:15. Are you planning to offer referral commissions to owners or others? What is the status of the dealer network in U.S.A.? Canada? Will shipping be a flat fee, or individual negotiated? Expected shipping costs?

We may offer a referral commission at some point. My plan is to deliver the cars at a consistent Cdn $19,888.00 as we enter various markets. USA and Canada are just two of the many markets we are setting up for.

Quote:16. The unveiling photographs clearly less than 7” ground clearance. What is the current ground clearance? Is the plan to offer opening doors on both sides? Will retro-kits be available? Is this being held up by regulations and/or other constraints?

Please explain what a “Retro-Kit” is? I’ve never heard the term before. Solo is a road car, not an off-road car. More Lambo than Ford F-150. My target is the HUGE number of urban commuters around the world, not moose hunters, right? A sleek, low car is very efficient, fun to drive and looks great. That is what Solo does best! Final specs on ground clearance and everything else will come at the Vancouver Auto Show. Please keep the Solo target market in mind.

Quote:17. What are the specs on the A/C unit? Effect on range? Is the a/c fully tested, or still under development?

Our AC program is still in the works. Initial cars will NOT have it. Once its available, it will likely use 10% range at full power. I’m hoping to make it available as standard equipment. Along with some other very nice features as we go along!

Quote:18. Vehicle/computer interface - OBDII compliant? Android auto compatible?

This will be announced at the Vancouver Auto Show too. Very exciting things here.

Quote:19. The BC Solo sales store advertises test drives, does this mean after your SIL is delivered or?

Anyone can sign up for a test drive, anywhere in the world. As we open Solo stores in Canada, the US, China and elsewhere, people who have signed up will be invited to come to lovely private events to get their first test drives! People who have made $250 reservations will be invited to VIP test drives beforehand. What does “SIL” stand for?

Quote:20. Beyond the A/C, duo 110/220 charge cord and heated seats what other options do you plan to offer?

The Charge cord is not an option, just a useful accessory. AC, heated seats are the only current “options” we have, and I may streamline things and just make all the cars include those items to make manufacturing more simple and streamlined. I like AC and heated seats myself! You can bet there will be lots of new features coming to the Solo in the months and years to come, as we continue to enhance the driving experience, which is already out of this world fun!

I’d also like to talk about our Advanced Performance Solo, which will start taking to the track in another couple of weeks. It will demonstrate the power and excitement of this dynamic car! Details and video coming to our website soon!!!

Email... if you have any questions or comments. I’m absolutely thrilled with Solo, and look forward to getting them into the hands of our first customers. And getting my own Silver Solo too!

Thanks for your questions and interest!!

Best regards,
Jerry Kroll, CEO
Electra Meccanica Vehicles Corp
(02-06-2017, 05:02 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:

Red Solo #13
If you're inside and facing toward the front of the Solo, which is the standard reference for naming right and left sides of vehicles, the functional door is on the right.
We had asked that question a few months ago and were told that the left door will not be able to be opened from the outside (no handle) OR from the inside.
Several  of our members indicated that this was for North American compliance. EMV chose to make the right door functional to prevent occupants from stepping into traffic.
The compliance  reportedly had to do with the seat belt not being able to keep the occupant in the vehicle in the event that the left door came open at speed or in an accident.
With the configuration of the attachment points, the seat belt in theory will contain the occupant in the vehicle if the right door were to come open under those conditions.
We were told that until further notice this would continue to be the North American configuration and no option would be available for opening the left door.
The configuration will be reversed in models that will be sold in countries in which the curb side is opposite of the North American curb side.

Can the left door (North America) be owner modified? If I were EMV, I'd be hesitant to answer that due to possible liability concerns.

Thanks . 
I see a lot of vehicles in the ditch every  winter. And if it was the Solo you wouldn't be able to get out unless you try to climb out of the window if you can't open the left door.
[+] 1 user Likes Manfred Sieg's post