Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerry Kroll to Attend Chat 6 Feb for Q&A - IMPORTANT
(02-03-2017, 02:14 PM)SparkE Wrote: Please add "concern over recent SILENT changes to specs, including dimensions and weight" with sub-question "so are you telling us you didn't even know the weight or dimensions of the car when you put it on sale in Sep?" or "what changed so drastically between Sep and Jan?"

Thx. Wink
Rest assured that they're aware of those particular concerns. Several of us have already voiced them live at the EMV chat link with the reps.
I'm opening up our live chat at it's regular time Monday night. Jenna (EMV) indicated that Jerry may be there at 9EST.
If you can't make it, we'll ask those questions for you, but I'd like you to come to the chat!
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(02-03-2017, 05:14 PM)The DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 02:24 PM)Janet6196 Wrote: Rick, any idea what the exact URL is for the chat and does Jerry need an account to access the chat..I wrote a private email to Dale but no reply yet. The EMV or person has not heard from Dale. Thanks

Hi Janet!
I'm not used to anyone sending me anything at the admin@soloowners.net contact addy.

I finally saw the excitement and had a duh! moment before digging up the emails.
Jenna seemed to think we were all on board for our regular start time of 9:00pm EST Monday night.
Either 9 or 10 is fine. I'll have the chat open at 9:00pm and urge all members to come then in case Jerry's there.

I did email Jenna back to confirm and clarify.
Here's the email...

Hi Jenna.
Dale LeBarron from Soloowners.net here.
I'm pleased to hear that Jerry Kroll and/or Chris plan to attend our Monday night live member chat on our site.
The live chat windows should be visible to members at the top of every page on our site, http://soloowners.net as soon as they log in to the site.
I'll be opening the chat up at our regular time of 9:00pm EST (6:00 Pacific) on Monday February 6th. 2017.
Jerry has been a member for some time now and I see that he has posted about seeing us on Monday.

We appreciate EMV's efforts to be available to their customers and fans and look forward to Monday evening.
I believe that several of EMV's staff and associates are members here and I want to extend the invitation to everyone at Electra Meccanica.
I thank you, Jerry, Chris, Janet and everyone involved for this opportunity and for everything you do for EMV and it's customers every day.
Please contact me if that time is not convenient for everyone or if you have any questions at any time.

Yours truly,
Dale LeBarron

Fantastic work Janet. Thanks. See you Monday night @ 9:00EST.
For everyone's convenience, here's a handy EST clock... https://time.is/EST
Dale, sorry for the pestering but when I received the pr email I was beyond giddy.  Thanks for the clarification on the time. If you need my direct you now have it also. Janet
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
[+] 2 users Like Janet6196's post
(02-03-2017, 02:14 PM)SparkE Wrote: Please add "concern over recent SILENT changes to specs, including dimensions and weight" with sub-question "so are you telling us you didn't even know the weight or dimensions of the car when you put it on sale in Sep?" or "what changed so drastically between Sep and Jan?"

Thx. Wink

That's a question you need to ask Jerry.  It's a non-issue for me.
White Hot Solo #166
(02-03-2017, 06:54 PM)Rickb Wrote:

Thx. Wink

That's a question you need to ask Jerry.
Rick, I am compiling a list and will upload by Sunday
(02-03-2017, 05:14 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 02:24 PM)Janet6196 Wrote: Rick, any idea what the exact URL is for the chat and does Jerry need an account to access the chat..I wrote a private email to Dale but no reply yet. The EMV or person has not heard from Dale. Thanks
Hi Janet!
I'm not used to anyone sending me anything at the admin@soloowners.net contact addy.

I finally saw the excitement and had a duh! moment before digging up the emails.
Jenna seemed to think we were all on board for our regular start time of 9:00pm EST Monday night.
Either 9 or 10 is fine. I'll have the chat open at 9:00pm and urge all members to come then in case Jerry's there.

I did email Jenna back to confirm and clarify.
Here's the email...

Hi Jenna.
Dale LeBarron from Soloowners.net here.
I'm pleased to hear that Jerry Kroll and/or Chris plan to attend our Monday night live member chat on our site.
The live chat windows should be visible to members at the top of every page on our site, http://soloowners.net as soon as they log in to the site.
I'll be opening the chat up at our regular time of 9:00pm EST (6:00 Pacific) on Monday February 6th. 2017.
Jerry has been a member for some time now and I see that he has posted about seeing us on Monday.

We appreciate EMV's efforts to be available to their customers and fans and look forward to Monday evening.
I believe that several of EMV's staff and associates are members here and I want to extend the invitation to everyone at Electra Meccanica.
I thank you, Jerry, Chris, Janet and everyone involved for this opportunity and for everything you do for EMV and it's customers every day.
Please contact me if that time is not convenient for everyone or if you have any questions at any time.

Yours truly,
Dale LeBarron

Fantastic work Janet. Thanks. See you Monday night @ 9:00EST.
For everyone's convenience, here's a handy EST clock... https://time.is/EST
Question and Answer for Jerry Kroll

1.      Deposit holders deep concern over recent SILENT changes to posted vehicle specs, including dimensions and weight after you put it on sale in Sept 2016, what changed between Sep 2016 and Jan 2017?
2.      Is there any plan to add ABS brakes to the options list?
3.      Battery Temperature management - Liquid or air cooled, plan for Pre-heat for colder climates, how long to replace batteries? Expected battery life, how was expectation tested/measured? Current replacement cost of battery packs. Expansion beyond 16KWH.
4.      Is there both a base and upgraded charger available? What are the specs on any available chargers? Is a charger included in the vehicle base price?
5.      What are the details of the regen system? Is it adjustable? Is it in the design stage, undergoing tests, or fully tested?
6.      Status of testing – What has been completed on full-bodies Solo prototypes?
7.      What details of the scheduled testing program can be shared?
8.      The status of compliance certification for vehicles for sale in the U.S.A? Canada?
9.      Are the 1000 Alpha units full production models, or should the purchasers consider themselves to be part of the testing program?
10.  Has instrument performance testing taken place on full-bodied prototypes? Range in city traffic. Range at steady 55-, 60-, 65-, 70-, & 75-mph
11.  How many pre-production prototypes have been, and are planned to be built?
12.  When will is the first production unit expected to be completed?
13.  At what point will a decision be made to move from hand assembly to mass production?
14.  What are the current plans for distribution, warranty, service, parts, etc.?
15.  Are you planning to offer referral commissions to owners or others? What is the status of the dealer network in U.S.A.? Canada? Will shipping be a flat fee, or individual negotiated? Expected shipping costs?
16.  The unveiling photographs clearly less than 7” ground clearance. What is the current ground clearance? Is the plan to offer opening doors on both sides? Will retro-kits be available? Is this being held up by regulations and/or other constraints?
17.  What are the specs on the A/C unit? Effect on range? Is the a/c fully tested, or still under development?
18.  Vehicle/computer interface - OBDII compliant? Android auto compatible?
19.  The BC Solo sales store advertises test drives, does this mean after your SIL is delivered or?
20.  Beyond the A/C, duo 110/220 charge cord and heated seats what other options do you plan to offer.

Open for comments and additions to the list above...I will forward to Jenna Gray, the Electra Mechanica publist and Jerry Kroll assistant.  Janet
[+] 1 user Likes Janet6196's post
Damnit !! I am going to be sucked back into the vortex of hope !! Wink

If those questions are answered honestly and completely, (without 'marketing waffling') there's a pretty good chance I'll be sending in a deposit. Sad

Big Grin
I'd appreciate the heck out of it if you could share this FB post...

.jpg   
solochat2-6.jpg (Size: 65.61 KB / Downloads: 104)

https://www.facebook.com/dale.lebarron/p...9082042244

Go Solo! Let your friends and family know!
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Bump!
I'm not going to be able to make the chat tomorrow (working late), but I do have a few questions that maybe someone could ask Jerry for me?

1. For those of us who live in an area that requires a license plate to be displayed on both the front and rear of the vehicle, will there be holes pre-drilled for us to mount a front plate on? (This only applies if the vehicle will have to be registered as a car as opposed to a motorcycle)
2. On that note, will we have the option of registering the vehicle as a car vs. a motorcycle? If this varies by state or country, could you give us a reference to it? (I believe I saw a chart once about how each US state treats autocycle registration, but i'd still like to clarify with EMV)
3. How are those center headlights (the ones that are supposedly required in the US but will be offered as an option elsewhere) wired? Will they run independent of the regular low beams? How easy are the bulbs to change?
4. Are the headlights going to be covered with a layer of glass? I personally like the look where they have no glass covering, and I can see from early renders that it was the initial plan, but has it been scrapped? Or just left out of the prototypes to keep costs down? Again, I prefer to have them without the glass covering; It makes changing the headlights and any lighting modifications so much easier.
5. Can't forget the obligatory "Is EMV on track to deliver the vehicles according to the current delivery schedule?"

If I have any others I'll let be sure to edit my post! Will there be a way to view this chat after it's happened?
(02-05-2017, 11:54 PM)Hussey Wrote: I'm not going to be able to make the chat tomorrow (working late), but I do have a few questions that maybe someone could ask Jerry for me?

1. For those of us who live in an area that requires a license plate to be displayed on both the front and rear of the vehicle, will there be holes pre-drilled for us to mount a front plate on? (This only applies if the vehicle will have to be registered as a car as opposed to a motorcycle)
2. On that note, will we have the option of registering the vehicle as a car vs. a motorcycle? If this varies by state or country, could you give us a reference to it? (I believe I saw a chart once about how each US state treats autocycle registration, but i'd still like to clarify with EMV)
3. How are those center headlights (the ones that are supposedly required in the US but will be offered as an option elsewhere) wired? Will they run independent of the regular low beams? How easy are the bulbs to change?
4. Are the headlights going to be covered with a layer of glass? I personally like the look where they have no glass covering, and I can see from early renders that it was the initial plan, but has it been scrapped? Or just left out of the prototypes to keep costs down? Again, I prefer to have them without the glass covering; It makes changing the headlights and any lighting modifications so much easier.
5. Can't forget the obligatory "Is EMV on track to deliver the vehicles according to the current delivery schedule?"

If I have any others I'll let be sure to edit my post! Will there be a way to view this chat after it's happened?
I'm pretty sure that it will be a motorcycle throughout the U.S.A..  There might be 1 or 2 states that issue "autocycle" plates, but it will be federally classed as a motorcycle, and you will not have a choice in the matter.

I'm not aware of a way to post chat history. I suppose that some of us will post our take on the chat proceedings.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post