Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
answers from Jerry - himself!
I just have to share this. I know Rick and Dale have said this time and again, but I couldn't believe this was really the case...
I sent a couple questions to EMV via the link on their own webpage and was floored when not 20 minutes later I received answers in a reply from the EMV CEO himself! 

> Subject: Rear Tire/ gauge display
>
> Message: How will I be able to check the pressure in the Solo's rear tire? Perhaps a video would enlighten me.
> Also, since I live in the U.S., will the dash gauges show MPH and miles remaining on battery charge? Or will they stay in kilometers?
> I am not alone in asking these questions - I would like to share any answers on the soloowners.net forum.
> Thanks,
> Stephen 

Jerry Kroll <jerrykroll@me.com>
[Image: cleardot.gif]4:21 PM (1 hour ago)

[Image: cleardot.gif]Reply

[Image: cleardot.gif]
Thanks for your email Stephen!   There is no problem at all in taking the rear or front tire pressure on Solo.  The tire is there, remove the cap, and presto.  A video really isn’t required.

We’ll have dashboards in MPH for countries that still use that format, as well as alternative language dashboards.  Its all in the works!

Happy New Year!

Jerry Kroll, CEO
Electra Meccanica

Don't think this has EVER happened to me! Wish I could work for Jerry Kroll... Smile
2015 Nissan Leaf owner/lover
[+] 5 users Like STEPHENSOLO's post
It does provide for a feeling of confidence that they will get it done.  It is a very personal business model for Jerry Kroll.  I hope it continues after Solo's are delivered.  Can you imagine getting an answer to a question email response from Paul Elio?  Smile
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(01-09-2017, 07:56 PM)Rickb Wrote: It does provide for a feeling of confidence that they will get it done.  It is a very personal business model for Jerry Kroll.  I hope it continues after Solo's are delivered.  Can you imagine getting an answer to a question email response from Paul Elio?  Smile

Not unless I had $500,000,000 to throw away  Tongue
(01-09-2017, 07:56 PM)Rickb Wrote: It does provide for a feeling of confidence that they will get it done.  It is a very personal business model for Jerry Kroll.  I hope it continues after Solo's are delivered.  Can you imagine getting an answer to a question email response from Paul Elio?  Smile

Rick,

Yesterday after seeing the cold weather test results, I by whim sent a message to Jerry via FB messenger.  Within 2 minutes he accepted my friendship and I asked about a cruise control.  He wondered why I would want the accessory.  He did indicate that the cruise control would be offered in 2018.
Solo Alpha Series #64 Silver
[+] 2 users Like Janet6196's post
(01-09-2017, 08:06 PM)Janet6196 Wrote:

Rick,

Yesterday after seeing the cold weather test results, I by whim sent a message to Jerry via FB messenger.  Within 2 minutes he accepted my friendship and I asked about a cruise control.  He wondered why I would want the accessory.  He did indicate that the cruise control would be offered in 2018.
Janet,
   I too wondered about CC - initially. My wife then reminded me that this will be my 'work' car. I live 1.6 miles from my workplace  - the other end of our small town. Wife: "Why would you need cruise control?" Me :  shoulder shrug. Wife: When would you even use cruise?" Me: "I don't know." Wife: "I didn't think so..." Case closed - no CC for me in my Solo   Sad
[+] 1 user Likes STEPHENSOLO's post
Nice to see the CEO can take the time to personally answer emails Smile
[+] 1 user Likes wizard of ahs's post
(01-09-2017, 08:06 PM)Janet6196 Wrote:

Rick,

Amazing JK response time!  I hadn't thought much about cruise control,  but most of my Solo rides will be around town and or short commutes so it doesn't seem like a necessary option for me, but nice as an option for those that want/need it for open road commuting.
White Hot Solo #166