Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NEW - EMV gears up!
(01-15-2017, 05:59 PM)flying_solo Wrote: Sounds terrific.  Not only will they, by the end of this year, build and deliver the first 400 Signature Series Solos, but they will also have autonomous driving done, and build 200,000 Solos offshore.  The Solo will solve global warming / pollution / climate change.

I believe that there is a good chance that EMV will build and deliver 400 units this year, that they should be fun to drive, and they should be as safe of safer (fatality statistics) than motorcycles.  OTOH, I remain strongly skeptical on the rest of the claims.

FWIW, the Twinn/Duo project/plan appears to have been put on deep hold.
Jerry Kroll's very latest post on his Facebook page 3:39pm Jan 15, 2017...

"Off to Beijing and Chongqing to make thousands and thousands of beautiful Solos for around the world!"

Nothing wrong with a little skepticism. The best take it as a healthy challenge!
It seems to me that the Chinese don't play when it comes to git 'er done.

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.kroll.9?fref=ts
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
I spent 4 1/2 hours on my stationary bike the night before last, and three hours on it last night.
Most of the time the question is not "Can you do it?" The question is "Will you do it?"

Because of people like this, I find it hard to make, or even listen to, most excuses.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
I just watched the Behind the Scenes Video clip of a new video EMV is shooting on EMV Facebook.  I appreciate the short video clips, but I would like to see a behind the scenes video of what's going on in the production facility with a Solo #004 build incorporating the new specs, or hear some news regarding compliance testing (after the interesting statement by Arcimoto that Motorcycle Manufacturers are self-certified), and more importantly the announcement of the test drive schedule.  We seem to be stalled in a marketing hype mode and slipping behind on tangible production news.
White Hot Solo #166