Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NEW - EMV gears up!

Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
Hmmm, coffee to electric autocycles ? Failing to see the link here. Scratching head emoji needed. [Image: confused.gif]
2015 Nissan Leaf owner/lover
No head scratching for me.  EMV has all the auto experienced staffing it needs.  West has marketing, people relations skills, and proven worldwide franchising background to set up the dealerships and solo storefronts for sales and service.  Just the right kind of skill set needed for the marketing and business success of EMV.  Smart choice.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(01-09-2017, 06:09 PM)Rickb Wrote: No head scratching for me.  EMV has all the auto experienced staffing it needs.  West has marketing, people relations skills, and proven worldwide franchising background to set up the dealerships a aand solo storefronts for sales and service.  Just the right kind of skill set needed for the marketing and business success of EMV.  Smart choice.

I'd like to see an interview. Until then, I'll take your word that he is good for EMV! I just don't know anything about the guy - he seems so out of left-field. But then again, Jerry's background isn't in this field either - and I trust him because he BELIEVES so strongly in the project.
2015 Nissan Leaf owner/lover
I thought Jerry's background in developing high performance EV drive trains for race cars was connected along with his Intermecannica custom coach building partner's.

I admit I haven't researched the West guy beyond trusting Kroll's business judgement and that West has established what seems to be a successful franchise model world wide and coffee is my drink of choice.

Please take everything I post with a grain of salt, since my goal is not to convince anybody of anything with personal opinion.  I could be wrong.
White Hot Solo #166
Great interview with Jerry. 200,000 within the next 12 months!
http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/853420611720/
[+] 2 users Like Chris's post
Typical Jerry Kroll interview.  The interviewer asked a couple of questions about the small size of the Solo and safety issues that Jerry washed over.  Quotes like ramping production to 200,000 within the next twelve months when Signature Series reservationists are scheduled to receive delivery sometime in 2018, at a production rate of 10-20 units per month seems overly optimistic.  I'm still patiently waiting on positive results of USA compliance testing and the announcement of the anticipated test drive schedules.
White Hot Solo #166
(01-15-2017, 01:52 PM)Rickb Wrote: Typical Jerry Kroll interview.  The interviewer asked a couple of questions about the small size of the Solo and safety issues that Jerry washed over.  Quotes like ramping production to 200,000 within the next twelve months when Signature Series reservationists are scheduled to receive delivery sometime in 2018, at a production rate of 10-20 units per month seems overly optimistic.  I'm still patiently waiting on positive results of USA compliance testing and the announcement of the anticipated test drive schedules.

I'm getting very good at waiting patiently. I would like to see daily updates on everything and pictures or video of the production but I have to settle for a crumb here and there. I still like a positive interview though like Jerry gives. Did you see Paul Elio on CNBC. We have no money. The next day the stock dropped. I don't know how you can make something this small be "safe" just like a motorcycle  can be "safe". Should he of said " Yeah it small so you gotta be real careful" Then as to production " We have a few hundred reservations and I don't know when will we be able to get them out" I want my Solo tomorrow and I know it will never be safe from a SUV crash but I still want it. I hope he makes a ton of them but if he doesn't I hope he makes mine!
Sounds terrific. Not only will they, by the end of this year, build and deliver the first 400 Signature Series Solos, but they will also have autonomous driving done, and build 200,000 Solos offshore. The Solo will solve global warming / pollution / climate change.

I believe that there is a good chance that EMV will build and deliver 400 units this year, that they should be fun to drive, and they should be as safe of safer (fatality statistics) than motorcycles. OTOH, I remain strongly skeptical on the rest of the claims.

FWIW, the Twinn/Duo project/plan appears to have been put on deep hold.
I'm done.
(01-15-2017, 05:30 PM)Chris Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 01:52 PM)Rickb Wrote: Typical Jerry Kroll interview.  The interviewer asked a couple of questions about the small size of the Solo and safety issues that Jerry washed over.  Quotes like ramping production to 200,000 within the next twelve months when Signature Series reservationists are scheduled to receive delivery sometime in 2018, at a production rate of 10-20 units per month seems overly optimistic.  I'm still patiently waiting on positive results of USA compliance testing and the announcement of the anticipated test drive schedules.

I'm getting very good at waiting patiently. I would like to see daily updates on everything and pictures or video of the production but I have to settle for a crumb here and there. I still like a positive interview though like Jerry gives. Did you see Paul Elio on CNBC. We have no money. The next day the stock dropped. I don't know how you can make something this small be "safe" just like a motorcycle  can be "safe". Should he of said " Yeah it small so you gotta be real careful" Then as to production " We have a few hundred reservations and I don't know when will we be able to get them out" I want my Solo tomorrow and I know it will never be safe from a SUV crash but I still want it. I hope he makes a ton of them but if he doesn't I hope he makes mine!
........and Arctic White Solo #166!  I like Jerry's assertive, confident, and optimistic interviews.  The media news articles about the Solo as well since they are 95% very positive.  Jerry is in a forward movement mode to get it done.  I don't want or need daily updates. Monthly news letters with content regarding tangible progress are fine. 

The direct opposite of Paul Elio's very awkward and uncomfortable interviews.  Also, the negative media news articles about EM's progress, multiple delays, and financial woes.  The only real optimism regarding the Elio comes from 10 +- hard core Elio $1K all-in and stock holder dreamers on EO.  Even Elio Motors has concerns and doubt regarding production and their ability to deliver.  

Kroll has a somewhat similar measure of confidence as Musk.  I hope they all ultimately succeed.  Go Three Wheels!
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post