Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello From TN
Hello.. Name name is Kenneth Winter in East TN.
I was delighted to find this group.. 
The Solo vehicle is a lovely design. 

I would love to be involved in its evolution.

It would be an honor to speak to a member of the SOLO management team.
I have considerable experience this this type of vehicle..

The notorious Corbin Sparrow has been my focus for several years.
Unfortunately battery technology was its Achilles heel.. That combined with poor business practices lead to its demise. 

The battery technology of that day, provide an abysmal range less than 30 miles, unacceptable charging times YET offering the perks of frequent wiring harness melt downs and flames..  FUN..

Out of that platform I was driven to make a usable form of transportation for a vehicle of that form factor.. 
The size just made sense to me...  Out of that I reverse engineering my Honda powered version of Sparrow..

If you are interested it can be seen at..  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnaZEb_cmRA
You Tube. Honda Powered Sparrow.. 

Mike Corbin the designer of the electric version, scoffed at my vehicle at a show in public, but later than night he walked by and said "that's the way I should have built it"! Then he walked away into the darkness.. 

The project was a learning process.. here are some of the specs:

electronic ignition
fuel injection
CVT automatic transmission
full instrumentation( silverwing cluster plus others)
Willwood racing brake components
CD player
Color back up camera
Cabin heat/defrost (AC upon rebuild)
Remote start, Remote lock, remote front and rear hatch opener
LED cabin lighting.

[Image: sparrow1.png]

[Image: sparrow2.png]

[Image: sparrow3.png]

I look forward to talking with other designers and builders..

Kenneth
(12-07-2016, 12:18 PM)klwinter2 Wrote: Hello.. Name name is Kenneth Winter in East TN.
Hi Kenneth.
Welcome. I'm delighted to have you as a member.
Many here have a reservation on a Signature Alpha Series Solo including myself.
This site's not actually affiliated with Electra Meccanica though several of their management are members.

As far as contacting EMV, I've got a number of EMV links in the resource library of this site.
And there's considerable contact information on their website: smallev.com

Your Vehicle is absolutely amazing. As a matter of fact, I've already seen your video several times.
I've even had it posted on our Sparrow site: Sparrowforum.com since September 24th.

I'd love to have you as a member there too. So far, I'm it's only active member.
With your knowledge base and experience, I think you could fire things up over there.

Regardless, I'm just happy to have you here. We're a pretty good crew.
Feel free to make yourself at home, post pretty much whatever and whenever you want.
And feel free to  join the discussions. We have live chats every Monday and Wednesday night @ 9:00pm EST.

Stop in and chat with us tonight if you have a chance!

Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Welcome Kenneth!  Your Sparrow mods indicate that you have obvious engineering and mechanical skills.  I have no mechanical skills whatsoever, but appreciate the driving experience.  

I followed Corbin's three wheeler concepts with interest as well.  I'm sure you are aware of Corbin's Sparrow 2 reveal on the 4th of July weekend.  I like it, but it's out of my price range and still has that odd but aero styling that will not appeal to the masses........if that is even his objective.

Electra Meccanica has done a far more acceptable restyling of the Corbin Sparrow with their Solo Concept, in my opinion as a Solo reservationist.
White Hot Solo #166
Sparrow groups...  HA HA...

I had a most amusing experience with the Google sparrow group..

I completed a lot of research with that group before I started my project.. 
They shared a lot of information with me..... RIGHT up to the point I mentioned adding a gas engine..

Then my name became "MUD".  The reaction was amusing.  Many of the members berated me for destroying one of there beloved Sparrows.. We in fact most of the Sparrow that still exist barely meet the definition of a mode of transportation.  

I finally left the group due to the negative messages... Since then I have have many owners contact me off line requesting that I convert their cars to a usable form...   

The red Sparrow now live on an island in Puget Sound Washington.
The new owner drive it on to a ferry and to work everyday..

But I still have the prototype for my amusement..
My opinion (for the little it´s worth) is that you´ve done the only sensible thing that could be done with the Sparrow. AND you´ve got rid of that ridiculously large rear sprocket (that´s still to be found on the Solo). How is the road holding/cornereing/max speed etc????? I somehow have got to like the Sparrow design over the years (especially the dimples)
(12-07-2016, 02:48 PM)klwinter2 Wrote: Sparrow groups...  HA HA...

Isn't there a Yahoo Sparrow group also?

Wait a minute... OK, I looked it up.
It's https://beta.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups...ow_ev/info

This was the group that I contacted via Yahoo to apply for a membership.
I was up front and honest in that I told him/her about Sparrow.com and Soloowners.net.
I told him/her that I thought that their members might benefit from knowing about those sites...
And was given a quick anonymous rejection in response to my asking for membership. Nice.

Heartbroken, I crawled back to my own territory and licked my wounds for quite a while.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(12-07-2016, 04:20 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 02:48 PM)klwinter2 Wrote: Sparrow groups...  HA HA...

Isn't there a Yahoo Sparrow group also?

Wait a minute... OK, I looked it up.
It's https://beta.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups...ow_ev/info

This was the group that I contacted via Yahoo to apply for a membership.
I was up front and honest in that I told him/her about Sparrow.com and Soloowners.net.
I told him/her that I thought that their members might benefit from knowing about those sites...
And was given a quick anonymous rejection in response to my asking for membership. Nice.

Heartbroken, I crawled back to my own territory and licked my wounds for quite a while.
Yep same group..

I spend hours listening to the talk about refinements to get up to a range of 39 miles on a charge. And endless questions about the abysmal electrical system and the design short comings..  If you go there now I guarantee someone is talking about converting to a $8000 battery pack for a $5000 vehicle..    

I remember the day I left the group.. The vocal members were fussing about my ICE conversion.. While supporting another member planning to add a trailer and generator to extent his range...  It was then I said enough and left..

Since then several lurkers have contacted me to convert their car.. Most state that they have a fortune in their Sparrow and have never driven it more than 20 miles at one time.. Thats not transportation in my door..
[+] 1 user Likes klwinter2's post