Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear wheel drive
Ah, that makes more sense. Smile Lots of the same interests. I'm impressed that you've been able to get your money back.
I really like Peraves' Ecomobile, from the time I first came across it over 30 years ago. Always out of my price range, but still saddened to hear of their bankruptcy. I guess I haven't checked in on them for a while.

Since there are a few Elio believers on this forum, I'll try to be kind. It does appear that they are finally at least making some movements towards building and testing real prototypes. If they had done this back in 2013, they might have been in production by now.

I agree that the Solo and the SRK seem to be the most viable tadpole trike options at the moment. The SAM is also interesting, but may have a harder time breaking into the U.S. market.
(09-15-2016, 02:47 PM)flying_solo Wrote: Ah, that makes more sense. Smile  Lots of the same interests.  I'm impressed that you've been able to get your money back.  
I really like Peraves' Ecomobile, from the time I first came across it over 30 years ago.  Always out of my price range, but still saddened to hear of their bankruptcy.  I guess I haven't checked in on them for a while.

Since there are a few Elio believers on this forum, I'll try to be kind.  It does appear that they are finally at least making some movements towards building and testing real prototypes. If they had done this back in 2013, they might have been in production by now.

I agree that the Solo and the SRK seem to be the most viable tadpole trike options at the moment.  The SAM is also interesting, but may have a harder time breaking into the U.S. market.

Funny you should mention that flying...
Please vote in the poll at the top of the page.

More TBA Wink
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(09-15-2016, 04:23 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 02:47 PM)flying_solo Wrote: Ah, that makes more sense. Smile  Lots of the same interests.  I'm impressed that you've been able to get your money back.  
I really like Peraves' Ecomobile, from the time I first came across it over 30 years ago.  Always out of my price range, but still saddened to hear of their bankruptcy.  I guess I haven't checked in on them for a while.

Since there are a few Elio believers on this forum, I'll try to be kind.  It does appear that they are finally at least making some movements towards building and testing real prototypes. If they had done this back in 2013, they might have been in production by now.

I agree that the Solo and the SRK seem to be the most viable tadpole trike options at the moment.  The SAM is also interesting, but may have a harder time breaking into the U.S. market.

Funny you should mention that flying...
Please vote in the poll at the top of the page.

More TBA Wink

I suppose that it is good to be confident, but I really don't like "owners forums" for things that don't exist.  As cheap as names are, it would seem better to maybe reserve the "owners" name as a backup, but not use it until the thing is in production.  

Anyway "ilikesam.net" and "ilikesam.com" are both available, and would be better choices, IMHO.
(09-15-2016, 05:28 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 05:11 PM)flying_solo Wrote: I suppose that it is good to be confident, but I really don't like "owners forums" for things that don't exist.  As cheap as names are, it would seem better to maybe reserve the "owners" name as a backup, but not use it until the thing is in production.  

Anyway "ilikesam.net" and "ilikesam.com" are both available, and would be better choices, IMHO.
Good reasoning as usual flying, but technically, it's been in production for a while and there already are 300 Sam owners...
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Good point.  There is even 1 Solo owner.  Still 0 Elio owners, though. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like flying_solo's post
(09-15-2016, 05:31 PM)flying_solo Wrote: Still 0 Elio owners, though. Big Grin
Ouch.

Also, friends-of-sam.com already exists.
Too similar IMO.
http://friends-of-sam.com

Likesam.com was registered on 01-22-2016.
And it's really cute! Take a look...
http://www.likesam.com Big Grin
I LIKE SAM (without the spaces), not LIKE SAM.
Both .net and .com are currently available.
FWIW, i_like_sam & i-like-sam are also available in both .net and .com.
Also samthetrike and thesamtrike. Probably lots of others, too. Have fun!
(09-15-2016, 06:28 PM)flying_solo Wrote: I LIKE SAM  (without the spaces), not LIKE SAM.
Both .net and .com are currently available.
FWIW, i_like_sam & i-like-sam are also available in both .net and .com.
Also samthetrike and thesamtrike.  Probably lots of others, too.  Have fun!
http://friends-of-sam.com looks like it's the sam site of choice.
And http://sam-of-usa.com looks like it's their us distributor site.

Thanks flying. I appreciate it. Yeah, I knew...
I just checked on likesam.com 'cause it was shorter.
I found out that I still like puppies Big Grin

I moved the poll to the 'Similar Vehicles' section.
Seemed more appropriate.
(09-15-2016, 05:31 PM)flying_solo Wrote: Good point.  There is even 1 Solo owner.  Still 0 Elio owners, though. Big Grin

That is a good point and certainly makes the Solo Production start real.  There are several more Build's in process.  I think Dale should reach out to the first Solo Owner requesting they join up and make them King of the Solo Owner's Forum.  Smile  Imagine all the experienced feedback the Solo Owner's King would feed the Forum......priceless.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(09-15-2016, 08:09 PM)Rickb Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 05:31 PM)flying_solo Wrote: Good point.  There is even 1 Solo owner.  Still 0 Elio owners, though. Big Grin

That is a good point and certainly makes the Solo Production start real.  There are several more Build's in process.  I think Dale should reach out to the first Solo Owner requesting they join up and make them King of the Solo Owner's Forum.  Smile  Imagine all the experienced feedback the Solo Owner's King would feed the Forum......priceless.
So be it. Invitation sent.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post