Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excited
I'm from Scottsdale AZ and have a deposit on the Elio and now on the Solo. I am very impressed by the Solo and even more so with Jerry Kroll. I e-mailed him some questions this morning and had a response in 3 hours on a Sat. My biggest concern was the A/C as I live in the desert and he assured me it would be fine and that at full power it will use about 10% of the battery range. Hope to be driving electric by this time next year!
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
Hi Chris. Absolutely! I'm a dual reservation holder as well and took advantage of the matching credit offer.
Glad to have you on board. Thanks for sharing the information and feel free to do so at every opportunity.
I hope you enjoy the community and if there's ever anything we can do for you, let us know.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
hi Chris

Welcome aboard

if you don't mind please post your questions and responses , we all can get updated

thanks for joining
Hi Chris,  Welcome to the future SoloOwner's Forum.  A friendly group with a focus on the Solo and some having a continued interest in the Elio as well.  Hopefully, you took advantage of Jerry's matching credit offer by using the value of your Elio reservation deposit up to $1,000.  I used my $1K Tesla Model 3 reservation.  

The EMV Team is very credible and seem to be getting it done and Dale runs a smooth, informational, and friendly to all forum!
White Hot Solo #166
(12-03-2016, 03:29 PM)Chris Wrote: I'm from Scottsdale AZ and have a deposit on the Elio and now on the Solo. I am very impressed by the Solo and even more so with Jerry Kroll. I e-mailed him some questions this morning and had a response in 3 hours on a Sat. My biggest concern was the A/C as I live in the desert and he assured me it would be fine and that at full power it will use about 10% of the battery range. Hope to be driving electric by this time next year!

Hi, Chris, and Welcome!
   Glad you made it over. I was an Elio fan also (for longer than I'd care to admit) but found my way to Electra Meccanica - and Dale's site here after the unveil in September. I put my deposit down in August for my Solo Alpha Series autocycle (something I didn't do w/ Elio in 2&1/2 years because I was skeptical (with good reasons). Several members of this forum have deposits down w/ Elio and other new manufacturers. EM will MATCH any deposits you have made w/ other manufacturers when you decide to put your deposit down for your Solo!                                         This is a friendly forum - where ALL can air their feelings/concerns without prejudice. Although the Solo hasn't been in the works as long as the Elio, they've come a VERY LONG WAY in a shorter time. I respect Jerry Kroll and the entire team at Electra Meccanica. 
    I line in NW Indiana - but wish I lived closer to EM so that I could take a test drive and just visit the factory!
   Again, welcome!
2015 Nissan Leaf owner/lover
(12-03-2016, 06:44 PM)ram Wrote: hi Chris

Welcome aboard

if you don't  mind please post your questions and responses , we all can get updated

thanks for joining

This my e-mail and Jerry's response. I wish I got an answer to the Sports Mode.

First I would like to thank You for the very nice welcome letter and photo. I feel that you have a real first class company from everything I have read and watched.
My first question is about the A/C option. I live in the Valley of the sun in Scottsdale AZ and A/C here is not an option so I would like to know how effective it will be, have you installed it yet and how much of a battery drain would it be and will it effect the miles to charge very much?
Next I watched one of your videos and it mentioned a possible sports mode. Will this be an option?
Finally in your e-mail to me you indicated a delivery date of third quarter 2017. How firm do you feel this date will be.
A year ago I found the Elio and was very excited over the idea of a 84 mile per gallon inexpensive car and put my deposit down. I work at a Gas Station here where I see hundreds of people every day and just talking about the Elio I have had four people place deposits on it and two of them bought  stock. I will still purchase the Elio if they ever get to production but The Solo will definitely be my everyday car. I am more than excited about this car and believe electric is the future. I have started to tell people about the Solo and they want to know more. I don't have the ability to become a dealer but if you ever have a commission referral program I am sure I will be sending you many orders especially when my car is parked out front of the gas station in a neighborhood that has many single commuters and a whole lot of disposable income, so make sure you send several business cards and flyers inside my car. I also have a friend from Scotland who has send some of the videos to family and friend there and they are nuts for this car.
Again thank you so much.

[Image: cleardot.gif] Reply

[Image: cleardot.gif] Forward

[Image: AIbEiAIAAABECPX1h9Gpqpa1zwEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bo...G2nw?sz=64]
Jerry Kroll <jerrykroll@me.com>
11:30 AM (23 hours ago)
[Image: cleardot.gif]

to Chris

Thanks for your email Chris.  I’m familiar with the Phoenix area, having spent time in Gilbert and racing cars at the Bondurant School in Chandler.  The AC will be just fine, as the Solo is a small car.  I estimate at full power the AC will consume up to ten percent of whatever range we have in Solo.  Currently 160km.

Projected delivery dates are just that, projections.   We’re working to get the cars out soon as possible, and appear to be on track.  US Compliance Certification, with a REAL Solo car, not a drawing, is already underway.

Referring customers is appreciated and is what makes this company great.  Always remember that you can take one more gas car off the road by getting someone into a Solo.   THAT is enough reason for us to tell people to put in a reservation, as that’s what this is really all about.   Let’s do this!!

Electra Meccanica has also filed to go public, so let me know if anyone wants investor information and I’ll ask our Investor Relations director Alexia to send that to them.

All the best,
Jerry Kroll, CEO
Electra Meccanica
[+] 1 user Likes Chris's post
HI Chris

thanks for posting your email and response, that is very nice of you

Jerry and his team have great product on their hands, are doing ok with progress compared to so many others, their responses and management of expectations and PR lack a significant effort

this comment on projections concerns me "Projected delivery dates are just that, projections"

that kind of casual comments are a concern to me, Jerry is also good at avoiding to answers questions

thats my opinion
The good news is that there is a Solo currently being USA compliance tested.......or is there?

I ass.u.med my Solo #166 April/May delivery date was a confirmation of delivery.......projected to within a 2 month time frame. I have no reason to believe that EMV is not on schedule. Although, I didn't care for Jerry's projected deliveries statement either.

Jerry is likely providing information he has at the moment he answers the questions. I would like to think the Solo Signature Series specifications will be locked in and made available soon after the compliance process. The Sparrow complied in '02-03, the Solo will comply in 2017. Does EMV have the capability to hand assemble 10-20 Solo's per month? It seems they do. Perhaps they are making some minor modifications deemed necessary as a result of testing.
White Hot Solo #166