Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMV Race Solo
From the EMV Facebook page...

"The first Electra Meccanica SOLO Race Car is coming together nicely.
Stay tuned for more details coming soon on our SOLO Racing Series!"

Click on the images to enlarge...

[Image: solorace1.jpg] [Image: soloracebuild.jpg]

https://www.facebook.com/EMVsolo/
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
I wonder if can switch my Signature Series Slowlo reservation to a Solo RACER Series! It's encouraging to see the build activity and progress being made.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
HI Rickb

whats the difference between signature series to solo racer series
(12-03-2016, 01:09 PM)ram Wrote: HI Rickb

whats the difference between signature series to solo racer series
Hi ram,  EMV hasn't released the specifications yet.  I'm guessing it's a high performance Solo they will run in the competition racing circuit and unlikely be made available to reservationists.  I was feeling the need for speed. 

Perhaps they are building and testing component specs in a Solo Racing Series to be used in the future Super Solo.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
EMV just posted a 25-picture album on their Facebook page showing the testing of the Solo Racer with Scott Hargrove at Mission Raceway.

Here's the link to that 25-picture album....
https://www.facebook.com/EMVsolo/photos/...=3&theater
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
Track testing video of the Solo Racer:

White Hot Solo #166
[+] 2 users Like Rickb's post
(01-05-2017, 01:20 PM)Rickb Wrote: Track testing video of the Solo Racer:

Thanks for posting the video.  For me, it raises more questions than it answers, but I tend to be that way.  It does seem to be a good thing that they found 5 seconds in what appear to be deteriorated track conditions.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
(01-05-2017, 02:48 PM)flying_solo Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 01:20 PM)Rickb Wrote: Track testing video of the Solo Racer:

Thanks for posting the video.  For me, it raises more questions than it answers, but I tend to be that way.  It does seem to be a good thing that they found 5 seconds in what appear to be deteriorated track conditions.
Questions are good, providing you get some answers sooner or later.  The early part of the test track video does provide some answers for me showing Solo #001's responsive braking as it roared to a stop.  Also, the Solo Racer driver did some steering manueverers while driving onto the track which indicated a rather quick response and solid vehicle stability.  The 5 second improvement is not so important to me.  It won't impact the time on my personal COSTCO runs.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
From Jerry Kroll's Facebook page...
"Scott Hargrove and the Electra Meccanica Advanced Performance Group have a nasty surprise coming for the race tracks of the world!
Watch for an exciting debut in late February. (Notice the full roll cage inside Solo). What you can't see is even better!"

.jpg   soloracer1.jpg (Size: 58.64 KB / Downloads: 100)

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.kroll.9?fref=ts
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
What I do like about the Solo Racer's full roll safety cage is the added measure of side impact protection.  Not as concerned about roll overs.

It reminds me of the narrow Tango Commuter Car's NASCAR engineered roll cage.  I would like to see the reinforcement In the door and side panel of the Signature series and future production Solos for that all important side impact protection.  Perhaps it will be necessary to meet Canada's Compliance crash testing requirement.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_6223.JPG (Size: 26.23 KB / Downloads: 61)
.jpg   IMG_6224.JPG (Size: 302.41 KB / Downloads: 53)
White Hot Solo #166