Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to buy a Solo?
Some new vehicle startups invest their personal Millions on their dream to develop and build a production vehicle. (Kroll and Frohnmyer). Other new vehicle startups invest little to no personal funding on their dream and become Millionaires along the way using forward thinking statements like "no production or delivery guarantees". Different business models to say the least.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
If it were both easy and profitable, more people would be doing it. I respect the EMV & AM approach to business.

Nobody seems to be working on exactly what I'd like in a trike, but several are close enough to be interesting.

AM has moved their targets to 2017, instead of late 2016.

EMV has moved from June 2016 to October 2016 to January 2017.

The only ones actually building trikes charge a fair amount more (Slingshot) to a lot more (everyone else).

If we go back to the topic of a dealer network, I believe the buy-in is about $175K. No dealer could make money if the company is only building 10/mo. At 100/mo, a stand-alone dealership would have to be in a major market area. IMHO, until production exceeds 100/mo, the dealer network will be very limited, unless there is a lot of markup in the units.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
Where does January 2017 come from?

According to their preliminary prospectus, EMV plans to build 10 to 20 pre-production SOLOs by March 2017, and begin production deliveries starting in April 2017.
Electra Meccanica has been saying up to this point that they're planning on building 10 to 20 per month starting in January 2017...
And ramping up to 100 per month in April 2017. A few of us here were recently told to expect Delivery in April.
I'm #174 and I was told to expect delivery in May.

So if they build 10 to 20 in January thru February (by March), that would come close to agreeing with the prospectus.
That will put you in a pretty good position at #10 even if they take a month to get the shipping set up.

I googled for a prospectus and came up with nothing. Can you give me a link?
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
My understanding is Electra M has inventory, has started building Signature Series Solo's, and will begin deliveries in early 2017. My Solo #166 has a confirmed April/May 2017 delivery date. I don't anticipate delays in the minimum 10 units per month.......unless there is issue with compliance certification which is highly unlikely. I think we will see a BIG news release shortly after the Compliance Testing is complete.
White Hot Solo #166
(11-18-2016, 06:30 PM)Rickb Wrote: My understanding is Electra M has inventory, has started building Signature Series Solo's, and will begin deliveries in early 2017.
They are currently in the process of building #3 thru #9 of nine test and promotion vehicles.
They have not yet started building the production Alpha Signature Series vehicles.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
It is my strong befief that production vehicles will have several very necessary changes made
(11-18-2016, 06:34 PM)DiscjockeyDale Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 06:30 PM)Rickb Wrote: My understanding is Electra M has inventory, has started building Signature Series Solo's, and will begin deliveries in early 2017.
They are currently in the process of building #3 thru #9 of nine test and promotion vehicles.
They have not yet started building the production Alpha Signature Series vehicles.
My understanding was apparently incorrect, but if they are building #3-#9 as test vehicles I'll take that progress with a two thumbs up.  Thanks for clarifying the 7 builds.  

#003 is probably Chris Koch's personal reservation and #004 - #009 go to other Electra M Team members.......for daily road testing.  I envy the person with #007.  Smile
White Hot Solo #166
(11-19-2016, 06:59 AM)paravil Wrote: It is my strong befief that production vehicles will have several very necessary changes made

Paravil,
   Your "...strong belief..." being based on what? Any information on what "...very necessary changes..." you anticipate?
I, personally, like the Solo Alpha Series exactly as they are. I prat they don't try to go the way of Elio - and drive me away forever.
2015 Nissan Leaf owner/lover
The Solo is one that you may actually be able to drive away - and drive forever.  

I see the potential for tweaks based on test drive Signature Series #003 - #009 or possibly a compliance issue, but nothing major.  There were many test miles on the Inter Meccanica built Sparrow Prototypes that resulted in the final production Model Solo.
White Hot Solo #166