Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopeful!!!
Jerry still does racing. As a matter of fact, he was at a clinic about two weeks ago.
I believe it was in Sonoma, CA. So... since an unbridled Solo will do 0-60mph in 1.8 sec...
I think it might have been just too much to ask for these guys not to find out...
What the real limits of this set up would be in real time in the real world.
All work and no play makes Jerry a dull boy. Good free publicity too.

Notice the racing harness of sorts and what appears to be a liquid cooler of some kind.

My best guess? "Coming soon to a drag strip and track near you!"

After all, they stated they were going to create a Solo racing program a while ago, didn't they?

.jpg   solosonoma.jpg (Size: 17.34 KB / Downloads: 95)
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 1 user Likes DiscjockeyDale's post
I zoomed in on the picture, and remain as unenlightened as before. Neither the spaghetti nest of wires, the black box with the red cable, not the silver box with the black hoses make any sense to me.

I'd love to see a cheap, 3-motored (for torque vectoring) awd Solo hot rod, but I remain absolutely skeptical about 0-60mph under 2 seconds. That is definitely a "prove it" in my books. The 220kph uncorked top speed is much more believable.

Since the probability of me getting an Alpha Signature Series Solo (were they thinking clearly when they came up with that word combination?!?!?) is less than 10%, I'm not too stressed on their current/early development. Hopefully the early models will provide both the profit and the education to enable them to build the model I really want down the road.

From Mark Twain: There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance: his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of feeling complimented when we are called an ass, we are left in doubt. - Pudd'nhead Wilson
I'm done.
Your chances of purchasing a signature series solo have jumped to under 10%!  You are becoming less skeptical and more adventurous everyday.  You may as well go for a refundable reservation for the experience of a sooner than later journey down the road.  Keep in mind I'm working on a commission. No pressure.  Tell Jerry Rick or Dale sent you!  Smile
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
(11-27-2016, 09:56 PM)Rickb Wrote: Your chances of purchasing a signature series solo have jumped to under 10%!  You are becoming less skeptical and more adventurous everyday.  You may as well go for a refundable reservation for the experience of a sooner than later journey down the road.  Keep in mind I'm working on a commission. No pressure.  Tell Jerry Rick or Dale sent you!  Smile

I really did Laugh Out Loud!
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
(11-27-2016, 12:43 AM)Rickb Wrote: Is this a photo of a high performance Solo prototype?

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=149]

That photo along with this caption was on Jerry Kroll's Facebook page...
"Scott Hargrove getting comfy in the Electra Meccanica Solo race car chassis. More testing coming soon!!"
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
A more unlikely setup for a competition vehicle can hardly be imagined!
Two wheels at the front that are too wide apart, with the drive wheel at the rear of a vehicle that is too short. Very like the SWB Landy I once owned that could not be driven in a straight line over 50 mph. I bet it really will need that stiff roll cage.
Are we certain the Solo race car chassis isn't all wheel drive?  What's all the hardware in the frunk space?  Twin front wheel drive motors?  What about the possibility of in hub motors in the wheels of those wide traction front tires?  

We already know it can be driven in a straight line.........Even the Sparrow could be driven in a straight line as it left the Smart in the dust in the 1/4 mile On the drag strip.  The Solo is bigger and badder than the Sparrow.
White Hot Solo #166
(11-28-2016, 04:20 PM)paravil Wrote: A more unlikely setup for a competition vehicle can hardly be imagined!

It's said to be 0-60 @ 1.8 seconds capable. The quickest production car's record is 2.2.
And not even Tesla has achieved that yet. Their best has been 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds.
The 2.2 was done by a production Porsch 918 Spyder. How about non-rocket or turbine?
That would be held at 1.5 seconds by the electric AMZ. It's shown in the last video in this list.
As far as a Tadpole configuration's handling at high speed, these should speak for themselves.

Nice! The first, on a wet track was a somewhat white nuckle performance. All were on the straight (or slight curve). The real test is accelerating in a tight curve on a wet surface, as this is where it happens! But we´ll just have to wait for professional performance tests. It took independent testers to prove that the first Smart cars were not roadworthy.
The Morgan Three Wheeler looks to be big on performance, handling and stability!  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dubVT6O9T14

Drifting Contest. The Morgan looks like a blast to drive........and reasonably stabile while drifting on all surfaces........grass and pavement.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mLZzYM7KGbQ

The official launch trailer of the all new Morgan EV..........Sweet!  If is was only enclosed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MUsE4rkfzkc
White Hot Solo #166