Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Dutiable Entry
That´s what I understand the procedure to be. So what´s the export price (net)?
For USA customers $19,995 CND/$15K USD plus the white glove delivery fee to our door.  Your countries import duties will be an added cost for you plus shipping costs to your door or nearest Solo Dealer.  Inter Meccanica ships their custom cars worldwide so they will no doubt provide shipping costs prior to any finalized purchase agreement from reservationists.  

My USA customs search shows duty free motorcycle imports from Canada to the USA.
White Hot Solo #166
(10-27-2016, 03:29 PM)Rickb Wrote: For USA customers $19,995 CND/$15K USD plus the white glove delivery fee to our door.  Your countries import duties will be an added cost for you plus shipping costs to your door or nearest Solo Dealer.  Inter Meccanica ships their custom cars worldwide so they will no doubt provide shipping costs prior to any finalized purchase agreement from reservationists.  

My USA customs search shows duty free motorcycle imports from Canada to the USA.

I am pretty sure the $19,995 CND/$15K USD cost is including VAT. When you buy something in Canada or US, the total price you pay is always incl. VAT. Duty free means no import tax, this is not the same as VAT.
[+] 1 user Likes Lotus's post
There is no VAT in the U.S. (there *may* be a sales tax, depending on the state).
(10-27-2016, 09:40 PM)SparkE Wrote: There is no VAT in the U.S. (there *may* be a sales tax, depending on the state).

Sorry. Then i have misunderstood the sales tax (different sales tax depending on which state). I have always understood this as VAT. So if i live in Florida and order a Solo, i get it for $15K and not $15k+6%=$15.9K   ?
Lotus: yes! But the Canadian Sales Tax/VAT should be deducted by EM in Cnanda first! And this is what I am waiting to see confirmed.
(10-28-2016, 05:05 AM)Lotus Wrote: Sorry. Then i have misunderstood the sales tax (different sales tax depending on which state). I have always understood this as VAT. So if i live in Florida and order a Solo, i get it for $15K and not $15k+6%=$15.9K   ?

In the state of Pennsylvania, it's the purchase price plus the state sales tax of 6%. That's per the Pennsyvania AAA.

I don't know whether the Canadian VAT is included in, and/or will be deducted from, the $15,500 USD purchase price or not.

But the states will have their pound of flesh.

Here's the fact sheet from PennDot concerning imported vehicle procedures.
While it may not answer the Canadian VAT question, it is an interesting read.

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPub...s-ieve.pdf
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
A serious discussion on the similarities and differences of a RST (Retail Sales Tax) and a VAT (Value Added Tax) would be quite involved. The TLDR version is that the RST is imposed and collected on the final retail sales price to the consumer, while the VAT is imposed and collected at each stage of manufacturing. Over the years, a variety of methods, exemptions, and differing government entities have been used in the process. Both are transaction taxes rather than income taxes.
I'm done.
[+] 1 user Likes flying_solo's post
A future Solo Owner is going to pay any applicable State sales tax when and wherever they register and license the vehicle.  6% in my State of Idaho,ho,ho.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
At the current exchange rate, $20K CAN is $14.9K US. So either :

- the VAT isn't included in the quoted $20K CAN (I find this hard to believe)
or
- the U.S. buyer is going to get pronged (unless the $15K US includes delivery fees) - because EM won't have to collect VAT on SOLOs shipped to the U.S.