Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Weekly Online Chat
Exclamation 
Electra Meccanica CEO Jerry Kroll will be live with us the first Monday of every month.
He'll discussing the Solo and will be available for questions starting at 9pm EST.
These online conferences are open to both members and visitors.

Click here to join the meetings: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/soloowners.net

On the other Mondays of the month, we'll be having member's-only on-site text chats.
If you haven't registered at SoloOwners.net yet, please do so and join the conversations.

Hope to see you there.

--Dale
Not much to report for the 13 Feb chat. There were a few technical issues. The Main chat room was not automatically accessible, and required an invite for each member to join.

Jerry Kroll tried to log in multiple times, but was unable to do so. It appears that the problem may be on his end with his browsers or security settings, but he was a good sport for making another attempt this week.

If any of you have a Mac, could you try logging in with various browsers and report whether you are able to log in?

Note: this is just my thought, and not an official request on behalf of the forum.
I'm done.
Good thought flying. Thanks.

The chat room glitch at the very beginning was my doing. No-on could automatically slip into any chat room because there initially was none.
I had unknowingly deleted the main room along with the previous chat dialogue when I last did janitorial work on the database.
And after I unknowingly re-created the main room, my "post message" and other buttons appeared.
I then invited several people into a private chat room instead of the main room.

Took a few minutes, but we got things sorted out. That didn't have anything to do with the problems J.K. has experienced

I don't think the problem is on Jerry's side. Nor do I think it has anything to do with our side. Neither hardware nor software.
After giving it some thought and investigation, I've come up with the most likely cause and will continue in my efforts to track it down.
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
I log in with a Mac (5K iMac, with MacOS 10.12.3) using both FireFox and Chrome. No probs.
[+] 2 users Like SparkE's post
HI

I log in using a macbook all the time never had a problem, use safari mostly, occasionally use chrome, no probs
We'll be using the new audio & text chat this evening 02/20/17.
I attempted to send out a PM to active members containing the link to the chat.
If you didn't get that PM, sign into Solo Owners. The old chat will also be open. Just post hello...

I'll then respond by posting the link for you in the old chat.

And then you can go to the link and meet us in the new chat.

Jerry Kroll's scheduled to participate tonight.

--Dale
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
The chat on the 20th had a few snags, but Jerry was there and was finally able to text chat with us.
As per Jerry's suggestion, we'll be having him as our guest the 1st Monday of each month.
I think he mentioned that he'd like to set March 6th as the next one.

We'll still be having member chats on Soloowners.net and will be testing the Free Conference Call A/V chats.
Look for those every Monday and Wednesday. I'm working on a faq and image page that I'll post here.
It should get us into the FFC chat more easily and help the equipment to work once we're there.

Thanks to all for your patience.
We'll be having an FCC audio/video chat again tonight 03/01/17 @ 9pm EST.
I'll be at both the site text chat and the FCC chat, so choose your poison.
See the "Chat > FCC Chat Tutorial" thread for the link to the FCC chat.
Both chats are for members only, so if you haven't registered yet...
Please become a member  and join us in discussing the Solo live.
Jerry Kroll is planning to attend our live member FCC chat on Monday March 06, 9pm EST.
Members can view the link address and brief FCC tutorial at 'Chat > FCC Chat Tutorial'.
We worked the bugs out of the FCC live chat and had a successful test of the systems today.
CEO Jerry will be in our FCC live audio/video member chat this evening 03-06 at 9:00pm EST.

Active registered members can find the link to the chat in the "Chat" forum, "FCC Chat Tutorial" thread.

Hope to see you there.

--Dale