Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Answers Part III
(10-15-2016, 10:16 AM)paravil Wrote: I´d very much like to know whether EM intend to deliver to a local dealer, or whether I´d have to do the import & transport myself?
It looks like ElecM has a current planned dealership...
Just over the border in Winterthur, Switzerland.
It's Northeast of Zurich.

Here's the link to the page with the map.
http://electrameccanica.com/dealership-enquiry/

The last thing I've heard about costs, shipping, delivery and dealerships is that EM is in conversation with potential dealers worldwide.
They have also assured me that they will make arrangements to have my Solo delivered if no dealer is within a reasonable distance.
To my knowledge, they have been shipping and delivering their custom coaches for decades. I personally trust their experience.

What are the current plans for distribution, warranty, service, parts, etc? -
"There will be Solo Introduction Stores coming soon, and then Solo Stores for delivery and service."

Are you planning to offer referral commissions to owners or others? - "We already have a $100 referral commission."

What is the status of the dealer network in U.S.A.? Canada? -
 "We have lots of dealer applications from around the world. Solo Introduction Stores will come soon, and then Solo Stores."
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Where does the info that there´s a prospective dealer in Winterthur, Switzerland come from? And can someone come up with his address? Or with anby other European dealer?
I expanded the Google Map to show the street location. The expanded image wouldn't post, but you can go to the dealership location map link on ElectraM's website and expand the google map to zero in on the precise street location.  http://electrameccanica.com/dealership-enquiry/   Maybe helpful?
White Hot Solo #166
(10-14-2016, 12:59 PM)paravil Wrote: `Tis a pity! I really thought we´d be sharing a Solo .... (is yours silver grey??)
Currently it is silver grey (by default) but I'll probably get the white.
When you're in the states, drop by and I'll let you drive mine.
I'd love to come to Germany, but finances are tight.
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
(10-17-2016, 11:34 AM)Rickb Wrote: I expanded the Google Map to show the street location. The expanded image wouldn't post, but you can go to the dealership location map link on ElectraM's website and expand the google map to zero in on the precise street location.  http://electrameccanica.com/dealership-enquiry/   Maybe helpful?

Expanding the map shows what might well be Winterthur (no other dealers in Europe!). I wouild like to get in touch if there is one in Switzerland.
(10-19-2016, 12:17 PM)paravil Wrote:
(10-17-2016, 11:34 AM)Rickb Wrote: I expanded the Google Map to show the street location. The expanded image wouldn't post, but you can go to the dealership location map link on ElectraM's website and expand the google map to zero in on the precise street location.  http://electrameccanica.com/dealership-enquiry/   Maybe helpful?

Expanding the map shows what might well be Winterthur (no other dealers in Europe!). I wouild like to get in touch if there is one in Switzerland.
You don't have to expand the map. You can zoom the small map provided on the ElecM website.
If you zoom the map in as far as it will go, the location shows as on a street/road called Zurcherstrausse in Winterthur, Switzerland.

paravil, I think the key word is "planned".
And that's basically all the information I could get from ElecM at this time.
I suggest emailing ElecM for to see if you can get any further information on that or any other EU dealer sites.
Zürcherstrasse is one of those long routes leading out of town, and Google doesn´t show any car dealers. I suppose that it´s not much more than preliminary talks that show interest. Otherwise more information would have been included. There was also some talk of a Berlin dealer ...
[+] 1 user Likes paravil's post
Speaking of color, the Solo renderings showing the four color options are mono colors and the Solo 1 has a black trimmed rear wheel housing.  I don't care for that look as it callls to much attention to the cut off rear end of the vehicle.  Hoping the Signature Series wheel housings are body color matched.  Yes, a trivial detail I know, but I'm both a detail and performance minded reservationist.
White Hot Solo #166
(10-23-2016, 01:17 PM)Rickb Wrote: Speaking of color, the Solo renderings showing the four color options are mono colors and the Solo 1 has a black trimmed rear wheel housing.  I don't care for that look as it callls to much attention to the cut off rear end of the vehicle.  Hoping the Signature Series wheel housings are body color matched.  Yes, a trivial detail I know, but I'm both a detail and performance minded reservationist.

I agree, the rear does not have a nice design. Like you say, cut-off, no natural lines. It looks like the black is just plastic trim, so it should be possible to remove with a hairdrier. But it should be an option. It shall also be interesting to see if there will be different colors to choose from on the interior. To match the exterior. Not only black seat and grey carpet.  Maybe a question for the Q&A list ?
(10-23-2016, 04:31 PM)Lotus Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 01:17 PM)Rickb Wrote: Speaking of color, the Solo renderings showing the four color options are mono colors and the Solo 1 has a black trimmed rear wheel housing.  I don't care for that look as it callls to much attention to the cut off rear end of the vehicle.  Hoping the Signature Series wheel housings are body color matched.  Yes, a trivial detail I know, but I'm both a detail and performance minded reservationist.

I agree, the rear does not have a nice design. Like you say, cut-off, no natural lines. It looks like the black is just plastic trim, so it should be possible to remove with a hairdrier. But it should be an option. It shall also be interesting to see if there will be different colors to choose from on the interior. To match the exterior. Not only black seat and grey carpet.  Maybe a question for the Q&A list ?

Interesting.  I hadn't paid much attention.  They have several different designs / color schemes on the renderings page.  I actually like the treatment on the Solo #1 prototype the best.  It takes away some of the slab-sidedness from the side, and I like the contrast the body-color drops(?) give to the rear view.
I'm done.