Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Answers Part III
Exclamation 
Here are the answers to the third installment of our questions.

How many Solos have been built so far? - "The first one was introduced September 9th. There are 9 more “Pre-Production” Solos currently being built."

At what point will you move from hand assembly to mass production? - "April."

Is funding in place to make that future change (mass production)? - "Yes."

Any idea if large volume mass production might have an effect on MSRP? -"The target price will remain at $19,888.00 Cdn."

SUPPLY CHAIN

What are the current plans for distribution, warranty, service, parts, etc? -
"There will be Solo Introduction Stores coming soon, and then Solo Stores for delivery and service."

Are you planning to offer referral commissions to owners or others? - "We already have a $100 referral commission."

What is the status of the dealer network in U.S.A.? Canada? -
 "We have lots of dealer applications from around the world. Solo Introduction Stores will come soon, and then Solo Stores."

EXTERIOR

Can you describe or show the method that we will use to access the rear wheel for pressure checks and tyre changes? - "Yes, that will be coming online."

Will a basic tyre repair kit be included with the vehicle? - "Yes."

CERTIFICATION PROCESS

Curious... Do you submit testing data from an independant firm or does the government agencies test the Solo themselves? -
 "There are certified testing firms around the world for this process."

RESERVATION NUMBER SYSTEM

This is driving us nuts. Some of the folks got a reservation # (not an order #) within weeks after placing their reservation.
 They have reservation #s such as #68 and #166 and so on. An other individual got a reservation # of 10000001.
 I personally never got a reservation #, though I was originally told delivery in 3Q, '17. My order # is C-7.

Is there a (place in line type) reservation # for 10000001 and C-7?
 How does the reservation # and order # system work (so I can enlighten present and future members when they ask)? -
"That long number is just the product number, and it is confusing.
 It came with our online order system and will be sorted out.
 It shouldn’t drive you nuts though, its just a number!
 Chris will get back to you with your actual order number and projected delivery date so you know what that is.
"

"We should start to provide information that will proactively answer questions without us needing to be asked.
 Bear with us as we develop our company and products. We have actually exceeded our expectations in budget, timeline and quality.
 We’re ahead of where we thought we’d be. Awesome.

All the best,
Jerry"

I agree. Awesome indeed.

This came from Chris Koch this evening...

"Hello Dale,

I would like to inform you that you are spot #174 in line.
Your estimated delivery date is May 2017. If you have any questions please let me know.
If you have any questions regards to your reservation please keep this reference #C - 07 on file.
This will help us to find your reservation in our system.

Thank you kindly,
Chris"

My thanks to both of these gentlemen for taking the time to provide us with information.
I am grateful that they're always there for us.

Dale
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
[+] 2 users Like DiscjockeyDale's post
I'm bumping this one so it's visible on the home page.
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
Dale, thanks for submitting the questions and posting the replies. Jerry Kroll and his Team are very professional and responsive. It is a good sign of award winning customer service down the road. A breath of fresh air in the world of new startup vehicle manufacturers.
White Hot Solo #166
[+] 1 user Likes Rickb's post
"This came from Chris Koch this evening...

"Hello Dale,

I would like to inform you that you are spot #174 in line.
Your estimated delivery date is May 2017. If you have any questions please let me know.
If you have any questions regards to your reservation please keep this reference #C - 07 on file.
This will help us to find your reservation in our system.

Thank you kindly,
Chris"

BUT (!):-

I received this on 8th May of this year:

"Note added to your Electra Meccanica order from May 8, 2016
A note has been added to your order
Hello, a note has just been added to your order:
Solo Production Number: #74
For your reference your order details are shown below.
Order # 3693

etc etc"

So I suppose I´ll be sharing one with you Dale ......?

Patrick
Patrick,

So... My estimated delivery was moved up from 3Q to May.
April is when they plan to ramp up from 10-20/mo. to 100/mo.
Your estimated delivery date should have move up to  early April.
Yours is #74. Mine is #174.
`Tis a pity! I really thought we´d be sharing a Solo .... (is yours silver grey??)
A duo sharing a solo!
White Hot Solo #166
I´d very much like to know whether EM intend to deliver to a local dealer, or whether I´d have to do the import & transport myself?
[+] 1 user Likes paravil's post
(10-15-2016, 10:16 AM)paravil Wrote: I´d very much like to know whether EM intend to deliver to a local dealer, or whether I´d have to do the import & transport myself?

I too would like to know the answer to this one.  Thanks, paravil for bringing it up.
It will be much easier to coordinate pickup and/or delivery options for the solo reservationists in the USA. I'm betting EM will coordinate shipping to EU reservationists if the international solo stores aren't up and running in time for the Signature Series deliveries.
White Hot Solo #166